Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
I'm ordering them online... Yes. My burdie died. I'm back to MO's which is a pain.

Do you deposit MO's directly to your bank account? I just go directly to a CHASE branch and tender the MO for payment to my CC.

I'm just asking, because many have suggested to open a separate bank account and never deposit MO's into your bank account incase there is a problem.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:34 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by rrayon
I'm ordering them online... Yes. My burdie died. I'm back to MO's which is a pain.

Do you deposit MO's directly to your bank account? I just go directly to a CHASE branch and tender the MO for payment to my CC.

I'm just asking, because many have suggested to open a separate bank account and never deposit MO's into your bank account incase there is a problem.
Yes you can deposit straight to bank

Do not do anything MO with Chase as they will shut you down super fast. Tons of posts here about this
rrayon likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by soy
Do not do anything MO with Chase as they will shut you down super fast. Tons of posts here about this
Really?? I have deposited close A LOT of MO (by my standard, may not be a lot for some ) in Chase account over last year or so. I deposit them and move it out next day to my online only account.

Let me try looking for Chase shutdown posts that you have mentioned.

Cheers!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Alaska, Shell VC, Wyndham VC, Starwood, RCI, II--I bought it on eBay!
Sorry that this is not directly related to Simon Mall....

Chase bank accounts are not a good idea, if you have Chase CC and do MS. That is because they can track your activity closely.

We have the old Ink Bold and Ink Plus CC's from Chase. Because we do MS, 5X office supply, we have had many offers of $500 free with opening of checking account. They want to see what the heck we are doing. It's a mistake to take that $500.

Our credit union takes MO's. Our Walmarts will allow the MO's. But the system is fragile. It would be just one little step to stop us from building points/miles.

I was devastated when our BB was shut down.

And back to Simon Mall: We were surprised that we could buy these cards online, but we do worry about the cards getting lost in the mail or the mail carrier delivering them to the wrong address accidentally. What are the safeguards on Simon Mall's part, and what if this did happen?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
Probably you didn't understand what "Soy" was trying to say...

He/She is basically saying not to tender the MO payable to CHASE CARD SERVICE as payment to your CC directly.

The norms are to deposit MO's into a bank account, then do an online payment to that CHASE CARD...

I guess what you are trying to say is that you have a regular bank account with CHASE, and you do an online payment to the CARD..., That is a TWO STEP approach.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by rrayon
Probably you didn't understand what "Soy" was trying to say...

He/She is basically saying not to tender the MO payable to CHASE CARD SERVICE as payment to your CC directly.

The norms are to deposit MO's into a bank account, then do an online payment to that CHASE CARD...

I guess what you are trying to say is that you have a regular bank account with CHASE, and you do an online payment to the CARD..., That is a TWO STEP approach.
True! Now I get what that member was cautioning against! Thanks for clarification!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:06 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
for the folks here who have an AMEX BBP, is Simon (either at the mall or online) still working to earn the 2X MR on the upto $50k in spend per year? Obv MSR arent working, and not sure if this is considered a bonus or just regular spend.

but if anyone has any first hand experience of BBP still earning the 2X normally at Simon, it'd be much appreciated.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by FTR 787
for the folks here who have an AMEX BBP, is Simon (either at the mall or online) still working to earn the 2X MR on the upto $50k in spend per year? Obv MSR arent working, and not sure if this is considered a bonus or just regular spend.

but if anyone has any first hand experience of BBP still earning the 2X normally at Simon, it'd be much appreciated.
Yes for me in sept
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I've been doing $15-20K a week in SGC's. The nearest Simon mall is 30 miles from me. Until recently I had a lot of personal business that took me there often, but that's winding down. I get along very well with the people at the service desk there.

Is there any downside to ordering GC's online? Other than tying up the credit limit on your credit cards. I played with it a little and it looks like the most you can order is 10 x $500. Can you do this every day, not that I would? Can you order online and also buy at a mall on the same day? What are the traps to look out for?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:51 pm

CVS

Are there any DP about if CVS works for min spend for Amex Delta business cards?

Thanks,
Nik
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
I've been doing $15-20K a week in SGC's. The nearest Simon mall is 30 miles from me. Until recently I had a lot of personal business that took me there often, but that's winding down. I get along very well with the people at the service desk there.

Is there any downside to ordering GC's online? Other than tying up the credit limit on your credit cards. I played with it a little and it looks like the most you can order is 10 x $500. Can you do this every day, not that I would? Can you order online and also buy at a mall on the same day? What are the traps to look out for?
One risk would be if it says "gift cards" on the cc statement. Your cc might not tolerate too many GC purchases. I've never bought a SGC online, so I don't know how it appears on a statement.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by FrankMS
One risk would be if it says "gift cards" on the cc statement. Your cc might not tolerate too many GC purchases. I've never bought a SGC online, so I don't know how it appears on a statement.
For me, it shows up as: SIMON GC VOLUME 0000 877-746-6642 IN
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:36 am

Show up as miscellaneous general merchdise on Barclays arrival plus
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Do they work the same as the cards you buy at the mall?

What are the purchase limits?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by NikSem
Are there any DP about if CVS works for min spend for Amex Delta business cards?

Thanks,
Nik
wrong thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.