Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
Yes, myself and the cashier were both surprised when my VGC's rang up and the register did not ask for a driver's license like it has for the past 3 years in my area.
Is the limit with chip still 2k?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lumangoy
Is the limit with chip still 2k?
I did not try to go over $2k. But a few months ago the registers in this area were hard coded to not allow over $2k. It would reject the order before you attempted to pay.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: WN, DL
Originally Posted by yanxfann
I got 4x for a Kindle Fire GC that I purchased at Kroger this morning, of course it can be used to buy anything on Amazon, not just Kindle-related items.
I can double confirm the 4x on the Kindle GC. Also got 4x on Applebees and Panera. Don't know about ebay, for the poster who asked.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:37 pm

Well, the ebay variables only gave me 2x, and didn't activate instantly, I'm still waiting and it's been half hour ugh.

Last edited by DeltaNeutral28; Feb 12, 2016 at 1:43 pm
Old Feb 13, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Well, the ebay variables only gave me 2x, and didn't activate instantly, I'm still waiting and it's been half hour ugh.
I've bought hundreds of ebay variables, and not a single one has activated instantly. Usually takes 4-8 hours at least.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
I'm curious as to what this means for non-chip cards (ie all of the vgc's I have with less than $1 left on them). Maybe Kroger will no longer be able to autodrain?
I just went to Kroger and they has the new chip system in place. I was able to unload several cards with balances of less than $1 on them. The process is a bit different now, but it is still working. After I swiped the card, instead of hitting a button that said "credit" to drain the card, I had to hit the "enter" button on the keypad to use as credit.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by knopfler
I just went to Kroger and they has the new chip system in place. I was able to unload several cards with balances of less than $1 on them. The process is a bit different now, but it is still working. After I swiped the card, instead of hitting a button that said "credit" to drain the card, I had to hit the "enter" button on the keypad to use as credit.
Your Kroger doesn't match the card with driver's license nor need to enter driver's license for each credit card used?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Your Kroger doesn't match the card with driver's license nor need to enter driver's license for each credit card used?
If you buy $99 or less worth of stuff, they dont.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:22 am

I bought two $500 VGC's yesterday with my WF Visa at two different Kroger stores in the Atlanta area. Neither checked my driver's license. Finally, that requirement has been banished :-)
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:12 pm

I was not buying cards, just a few grocery items so I could drain some small balance cards. It was like $20 total purchase.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by gt2982a
I bought two $500 VGC's yesterday with my WF Visa at two different Kroger stores in the Atlanta area. Neither checked my driver's license. Finally, that requirement has been banished :-)
Posting rotten signs like this in January in the Intermountain states got them into some trouble:

I had no problem with their little policy (even if recording the DL Number is actually illegal in a lot of states) until these signs got posted. This type of sign implies that ID should be required for credit card transactions and when people see this sort of thing that is how the practice of requiring ID for credit card use spreads. That practice is not allowed but many people see a sign like this and think oh that's a great idea but why just for gift cards (over $100); why not for all transactions?

Maybe Visa/MasterCard will change the rules soon about not allowing the merchants to require ID. Visa recently eliminated the "card not valid unless signed" rule. We will see.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Posting rotten signs like this in January in the Intermountain states got them into some trouble:

I had no problem with their little policy (even if recording the DL Number is actually illegal in a lot of states) until these signs got posted. This type of sign implies that ID should be required for credit card transactions and when people see this sort of thing that is how the practice of requiring ID for credit card use spreads. That practice is not allowed but many people see a sign like this and think oh that's a great idea but why just for gift cards (over $100); why not for all transactions?

Maybe Visa/MasterCard will change the rules soon about not allowing the merchants to require ID. Visa recently eliminated the "card not valid unless signed" rule. We will see.
Here in the Atlanta area, those signs were posted too (albeit not as fancy). Just a piece of paper in the gift card section.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by gt2982a
Same for me yesterday. Had the Driver's license out and ready, but didn't get asked for it, first time they chip reader has worked.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:33 am

Does the chip reader has the 2000 limit per day by cc number? Could we buy more in several krogers?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by ericliujian
Does the chip reader has the 2000 limit per day by cc number? Could we buy more in several krogers?

I think we can't buy more than $2000 at a time now per register. I was at Kroger Sunday and transaction of $2023.80 wouldn't go through and it said card limit exceeded and no more DL prompt. I think we can still buy more at different Krogers or different registers unlike the CVS policy. Can anyone else confirm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.