Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
When the manager said that WU called them, my first response was that the "VGC was issued by US Bank, what the heck does WU have to do with this".

Then she gave me the BS about being able to use Cash or Check going forward but that using a CC would be considered structuring according to WU. Like I said, very odd...
Maybe she did get a call from WU about MOs and Gebits. Then maybe she stupidly made a few assumptions and conflated your GC-only activity with other people who are $hitting where they eat.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Maybe she did get a call from WU about MOs and Gebits. Then maybe she stupidly made a few assumptions and conflated your GC-only activity with other people who are $hitting where they eat.
Yes, either that or some manager saw that I was buying just under 2K, 5 or 6 days a week consistently and made a call. Who knows, its just annoying as it was on my route to work and my route to one of my WMs. Not as annoying as my one WM shutdown last week, but still a minor annoyance.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Yes, all I was doing was buying 1999.99 in VGCs with my CC.
Well that explains it. If you were buying $1999.99 on your way to work 5 days a week, $1999.99 x 5 = $9999.95. That looks like someone doing something to avoid the $10k reporting requirement.

I know you weren't but I can see that amount looking bad. If you had done $1.5k x 5, I don't think it would have looked so bad.

Of course it is asinine that they would let you do it in cash but not with a cc. Seems like they are stoopid but hey, they work at low level jobs what do you expect.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
A lot of stores turned on chip readers today in Kroger HQ land. Ironic that they've been preaching fraud fraud fraud lately but their security measures with chip cards show that they're more concerned with liability.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
A lot of stores turned on chip readers today in Kroger HQ land. Ironic that they've been preaching fraud fraud fraud lately but their security measures with chip cards show that they're more concerned with liability.
smart business practice@:-)
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:08 pm

Anyone know if it's possible to purchase a MO at Kroger with a Kroger gift card?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dfletcher
Anyone know if it's possible to purchase a MO at Kroger with a Kroger gift card?
Is it a debit card with a pin?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:34 pm

YMMV.

Last edited by Chelski; Mar 17, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Best first post ever.
Sad that a new girl like me can't even ask a newbie question here without being insulted. What a [redacted].

Last edited by cbn42; Mar 9, 2016 at 1:13 am
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:47 am

Sad that a new girl like me can't even ask a newbie question here without being insulted. What a [redacted].
I'm a relative newbie here too but I will say that one has to read a lot to keep up to speed on all things MS. Also, sometimes you just have to try things and suffer the battlewounds if you get shot down. With that said, I have no idea if Kroger GC's can purchase MO's. One of the Kroger's I visit does have a sign that says MO's cannot be purchased with VGC's but that seems to be a local store policy versus company-wide.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:10 am

Don't take it personally, it's the rules of the road. With regards to your question ,the answer is obviously no. Spend a half hour every day for the next month or two reading up on MS and then each bank and the cards they issue and how it fits into your needs.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Don't take it personally, it's the rules of the road. With regards to your question ,the answer is obviously no. Spend a half hour every day for the next month or two reading up on MS and then each bank and the cards they issue and how it fits into your needs.
I dont take it personally, its just not very welcoming to someone new. I have been going through the forum and the discussions are all about using Visa gift cards. I have not found any answers on how to get cash from actual Kroger store gift cards. Thanks for being polite to a noob.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
I dont take it personally, its just not very welcoming to someone new. I have been going through the forum and the discussions are all about using Visa gift cards. I have not found any answers on how to get cash from actual Kroger store gift cards. Thanks for being polite to a noob.
I doubt you'll be able to do this since most retailers do not allow using a GC to purchase another GC. However, I've heard reports of some success at other retailers, but not at Kroger.

The only thing that comes to mind is that you might be able to use the KGC for regular grocery purchases and ask for a small amount of 'cash over', maybe up to $100, provided the card has sufficient funds.

Other ideas:
-Sell them to a third-party marketplace.
-Host a party, buy food and drinks, etc at Kroger and have everyone pay you back in cash.

Good luck.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by illinidad
I doubt you'll be able to do this since most retailers do not allow using a GC to purchase another GC. However, I've heard reports of some success at other retailers, but not at Kroger.

The only thing that comes to mind is that you might be able to use the KGC for regular grocery purchases and ask for a small amount of 'cash over', maybe up to $100, provided the card has sufficient funds.

Other ideas:
-Sell them to a third-party marketplace.
-Host a party, buy food and drinks, etc at Kroger and have everyone pay you back in cash.

Good luck.
Kroger absolutely allows you to use a KGC to buy a VGC with it.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Best first post ever.
I dont take it personally
Could have fooled me.

Last edited by Alcibiades; Mar 9, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.