Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now, how much is your MS volume

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:03 pm

Volume for the month of October was $639,924.04 in purchases made. Keep in mind I took a few days off......
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: Several dozen
Arrgh - you forgot to add the impending death of the trusty AMEX SPG - Marriott just announced an agreement to buy Starwoods.

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
You neglected to mention the death of Amazon Payments, one of the workhorses of MS. I'm still receiving grief counseling on that one.

I am not willing to pay activation fees on Visa gift cards, so I am visiting OD/OM/Staples only if they have a sale/rebate.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Arrgh - you forgot to add the impending death of the trusty AMEX SPG - Marriott just announced an agreement to buy Starwoods.
Transfer or burn before Marriott says "SPG points worth 1:1"? Yikes....
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:38 pm

Now, how much is your MS volume

And what about Suntrust? I have 4 BB that I manage. Between those and 2 Suntrust cards and some MO and BP, I average about $30K to $35K per month. On top of that my actual spend is probably about $50K per year.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I manage 6 Serve accounts, so I MS 30K/month, to fill them all up. What types of MS? Typically, I keep it pretty simple: $300 VGC from Staples on multiple Ink cards, with the fees offset by buying $500 VGC at grocery stores with multiple Amex Old Blue Cash cards.
This is pretty much par with what I do and maximizing Kate to reduce any human interaction. Plus I keep my Suntrust account active to max out at 2k points per month
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: Several dozen
But ST is now only a pale, Alvin Murphy of itself wandering through the Z Nation with UFB.

Originally Posted by prestonv
And what about Suntrust? I have 4 BB that I manage. Between those and 2 Suntrust cards and some MO and BP, I average about $30K to $35K per month. On top of that my actual spend is probably about $50K per year.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:13 pm

Some people are so lucky. Over here in NJ every Walmart I have been to (5) have broken Kates and the cashiers all ask to see your "debit" card to load Serve.

CSP offer just came back too and can't even spend the $4k needed for it.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:46 pm

Unless/until AGCs come back I'm basically slowed to a crawl comparatively. With lots of AU cards to max out Amex Offers by buying and reselling gift cards at a discount I've been averaging about $10-$15k a month the last two months and turning a small profit. I've been doing another $2-$3k a month on my Ink doing the same thing from Staples or PPDG. Those plus a few other various things and I'm at about $20-$25k a month right now. I will probably apply for the OBC for both my SO and myself in the next month or so which will be enough to do another $500k/year without anything out of pocket. Well under my old volume during the AGC heydays but I'll take what I can get.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:04 pm

Never enough
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by MSerforfun
With the death of
1- Amex Gift Cards
2- Target Redcard
3- Walmart tightening on Serve
4- US Bank Debt
5- Paypal bans
6- AFT
7- and other methods,

How much are the pioneers doing in MS these days?
Since the good days of the Coin not nearly as much, but my bank doesn't frown when I pull into the parking lot with my hand truck
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:23 pm

Goal = buy a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Generating 1/2 the price will be a success.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
zero for the past 6 months or so, since my WF promo for self and hubby ended, and Amex OBC cancelled me. Before that, I was doing appx 80K per month.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Goal = buy a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Generating 1/2 the price will be a success.
Given the time and the resources you could have done this a lot quicker a year and a half ago with the unlimited OBC. Large cash back volumes are a lot more difficult now. Good luck though.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by themasterpiece1
Some people are so lucky. Over here in NJ every Walmart I have been to (5) have broken Kates and the cashiers all ask to see your "debit" card to load Serve.

CSP offer just came back too and can't even spend the $4k needed for it.
what part of Jersey? I've had no problem loading at any of the Walmarts I've been to.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by ILGfly
Given the time and the resources you could have done this a lot quicker a year and a half ago with the unlimited OBC. Large cash back volumes are a lot more difficult now. Good luck though.
thanks as I know I'll need it. I think half is the most likely since I'll have to churn my CL 3-5 X's a month as I'll only use one card for this.. Well two with my SOs of the same type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.