Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread covers posts before 2018 only. The new thread is here.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/day (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days. Monthly limit is just 5k * days in the month.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen.

Visa issued by metabank.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.
Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by brody24
Put in a small order for 1k and the order was almost immediately cancelled. Not sure why. I assume this isn't the same as a ban. Should I just wait and try and put the order through again? Any benefit in calling to find out why it was cancelled or is that a dead end?
Assuming you haven't confused this thread with another thread and you are not talking about GiftCardMall, it may be fruitful to call in and see what it was cancelled. Cancellations from GC.com (the topic of this thread) are rare in my experience.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by missing_link
Assuming you haven't confused this thread with another thread and you are not talking about GiftCardMall, it may be fruitful to call in and see what it was cancelled. Cancellations from GC.com (the topic of this thread) are rare in my experience.
Yup, definitely not mixing them up. This was an order on GC.com.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:52 am

Yup, definitely not mixing them up. This was an order on GC.com.
Did you check to see if your CC declined the charges?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1
Did you check to see if your CC declined the charges?
I first called Amex and they said they definitely didn't decline any charge, and she confirmed that a charge in the amount I quoted from GC.com would have been approved on their end. Said the cancellation must have come from the vendor. Called GC.com and they have no clue, same as GCM, and say there is no way for them to find out.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:12 am

Since Amex said it def wasn't them, I placed same order again with same card. Been 10 min without a cancellation notice (last time, cancellation was within 30 seconds of invoice confirmation email). So it looks like the issue is clear now. Maybe it was a matter of a typo in my billing info or something. Who knows.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:25 am

Since Amex said it def wasn't them, I placed same order again with same card. Been 10 min without a cancellation notice (last time, cancellation was within 30 seconds of invoice confirmation email). So it looks like the issue is clear now. Maybe it was a matter of a typo in my billing info or something. Who knows.
And it was just cancelled. No clue what is going on.

Going to try same order but with different card. So confused right now.

Last edited by brody24; Apr 25, 2017 at 11:38 am
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:40 am

Third order cancelled within 1 min of placement... Different card entirely.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:07 pm

Cut order size in half, and made it just one $500 card. Cancelled within 2 min of placing. Guess they will not allow any order from me no matter how I change it. So confused why.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:27 pm

I won't be back to GC.com till the portals go back to 1.25%, otherwise Simon is a better deal as long as you can liquidate them. I don't have a mall close to me so I've been sitting out the MS game for now. GCM banned both of us a while ago for no reason too.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:48 am

Happened to me as well. My 2k order was cancelled immediately. Hopefully this magically disappears tomorrows.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by 1c3y
Happened to me as well. My 2k order was cancelled immediately. Hopefully this magically disappears tomorrows.
My orders were getting cancelled no matter how I changed the size of the order, no matter what card I used to pay, etc.

My workaround was to create a new account and set my work address as the shipping address. Unlike GCM, GC.com allows you to have a different billing and shipping address for larger value orders. And that order went through. So I'll try and make that work for awhile.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:38 am

My orders were getting cancelled no matter how I changed the size of the order, no matter what card I used to pay, etc.

My workaround was to create a new account and set my work address as the shipping address. Unlike GCM, GC.com allows you to have a different billing and shipping address for larger value orders. And that order went through. So I'll try and make that work for awhile.
I guess this means if you could get your other account working you could actually do 10K a day if you wanted. That would be a ton of shipments to deal with
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
I guess this means if you could get your other account working you could actually do 10K a day if you wanted. That would be a ton of shipments to deal with
lol yeah, I'm not stepping up to that scale quite yet
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:15 am

lol yeah, I'm not stepping up to that scale quite yet
Yeah, its quite a lot of work to only earn around 1.2% profit (assuming using 2% card).
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:36 am

Has anyone else stopped getting shipment notification emails w/ tracking numbers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.