Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread covers posts before 2018 only. The new thread is here.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/day (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days. Monthly limit is just 5k * days in the month.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen.

Visa issued by metabank.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.
Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Does anyone use giftcards.com for your MS? Do you know if they have any limit in term of how much you can order per month, per week, or something like that? This is my personal experience.
- Day 1: first order of 1.5K using cc #1 = success
- Day 8: second order of 1.5K using cc#2 = success
- Day 10: third order of 1.5K using cc#1 = success
- Day 11: fourth order of 1.5K using cc#1 = cancelled
They refused to tell me why over the phone. Cc company told me the transaction was a success, then got reversed by giftcards.com, so I must have gotten myself stuck in some sort of undeclared limit.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:41 am

i bought some as a test and found them almost impossible to liquidate
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:40 am

how so?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by thehoodedidiot
i bought some as a test and found them almost impossible to liquidate
Really? They are just as easy as anything else for me. Where are you having issues?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:40 am
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by tpvn; Sep 3, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:34 am

Good strategy alternating cards but did both cards have same name, address, email? If so, you essentially placed 4 similar orders in less than 2 weeks. You need to be more creative and use multiple names (SO, etc), cc, emails.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roneyc
Good strategy alternating cards but did both cards have same name, address, email? If so, you essentially placed 4 similar orders in less than 2 weeks. You need to be more creative and use multiple names (SO, etc), cc, emails.
good point. i am quiet down until next week and try again.
signed up an account for SO a couple of days ago, diff names and email addresses, but obviously same physical address. plan to use her card. do you think it will work? i can try to send mine to work address, but really prefer not to do that. Huge hassle if something gets lost in the mail.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:00 pm

Similar experience to tpvn...ordered four 2K (plus shipping/fees) batches over the course of 2 weeks. Went to order another 2k this morning and got cancelled. Husband, buying at the same pace, tried a new email address and still got cancelled. I'm of the same mind that there's some sort of monthly limit tied to the billing address. Can anyone confirm this? I'll be laying low for at least a week.

**Yay first post!!**
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:09 pm

I did a single $500 card. It arrived so I ordered another one. Every subsequent order was cancelled.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
I've done 2 $2k orders so far and no issues. Definitely convenient and easy (Simon Mall is pretty far, the local grocery stores all refuse credit for variable gift cards, etc).

Haven't tried a third yet, will report back when I do, but trying not to make this my primary gift card source since if a review ever comes up with my card I don't want to explain monthly $10k purchases from giftcards.com.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:09 pm

What's the largest order you can do here? I have to MS for a $3000 spend (Chase) and a $4000 spend (Amex). Would beat going to Walmart and buying cards.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: WN CP, IHG Platinum
Thumbs down

Was denied with fraudlent transaction while trying to buy 2nd ($500 VGC). Had to call Amex to verify my identity.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
What's the largest order you can do here? I have to MS for a $3000 spend (Chase) and a $4000 spend (Amex). Would beat going to Walmart and buying cards.
You can order 2k at a time...with shipping and fees it comes to about 2027.xx. You might not be able to avoid WM altogether though. If you're using a combination of Serve/VGCs, WM is going to be your 2nd home *kidding but kinda not*
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience has been similar. Three orders for $1000 each went through; 4th order for $500 in the same 30 days was cancelled without explanation (the only way I found out was to go to their website and click "track orders").

Has anyone who's had a cancelled order been able to later buy more cards from them? Is there some sort of unspoken limit?

This would be a good site to use because of the low prices and personalization of the cards (they look more like credit cards than anyone else's). But the "random" unexplained cancellations are obviously a problem.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:59 pm

Is giftcards.com currently the cheapest place to buy giftcards with now online (with PIN, not AGC)?

Last edited by cdog999; Sep 1, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.