Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by CockyDoc16
Does anyone load NW Buxx to Serve via KATE? I tried today and it said form of payment not accepted...the VGC I loaded after worked fine. I know many see loading Buxx to RB/BB/Serve as a waste of the load limit...but I don't max out Serve loads anyway and don't have any Citi card to pay directly with the Buxx. Was this just a one time glitch with KATE, or will it really not work? I've loaded Buxx to RB plenty of times but this was my first attempt with Kate. Thanks!
I unloaded 4 NW buxx cards today to BB using Kate with no problem, the only problem i had today was the receipt jammed inside the machine on the last load.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 2:58 pm

Thanks everyone. Looking at the transaction history, I think I still should have been under the 800 limit. Maybe I just screwed something up or kate was being quirky. It's nice to know that it will work. I'll try again in a few days.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone know if the teller withdrawal fee is waived at all banking institutions, or just USBs?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by CockyDoc16
Does anyone load NW Buxx to Serve via KATE? I tried today and it said form of payment not accepted...the VGC I loaded after worked fine. I know many see loading Buxx to RB/BB/Serve as a waste of the load limit...but I don't max out Serve loads anyway and don't have any Citi card to pay directly with the Buxx. Was this just a one time glitch with KATE, or will it really not work? I've loaded Buxx to RB plenty of times but this was my first attempt with Kate. Thanks!
Same here with USB BUXX, small amount to test not over any limit. I was planning to ramp it up a bit for as long as this card works. Will have to go back to ATM now.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
I signed up for NW Buxx 2 weeks ago, and added 2 teens then. Those teen cards were activated and have loaded $500 fine twice now.

When I go back to add more teens, I get "This order could not be processed: A limit violation has occurred."

I tried adding a second credit card, and got the same message. I can't seem to find a way around this, any thoughts?
I'm having the same issue.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:54 pm

Does anyone know if the teen card delivers to the parents address or the teens address? I put the teen address as different than my address.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by currybai
Does anyone know if the teen card delivers to the parents address or the teens address? I put the teen address as different than my address.
the parent address
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by tscateh
I'm having the same issue.
It won't let you add more teens since you hit your max of $2k per 30 days. Happened to me, I waited and then I was able to add 2 more teens.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by sateran
It won't let you add more teens since you hit your max of $2k per 30 days. Happened to me, I waited and then I was able to add 2 more teens.
So then is the grand max total per account $2K per 30 days? It's a little unclear to me in the description. If so, then why would I want more than 2 cards, or does it make it easier to unload?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:41 pm

So then is the grand max total per account $2K per 30 days? It's a little unclear to me in the description. If so, then why would I want more than 2 cards, or does it make it easier to unload?
the max is $2K per card per 30 days. However for a payment method you can only load up to $2K with fees per rolling 7 days. So you can load up to $4K/week if you max out both your payment methods. At this point, who the hell cares. The USB Buxx card is going to shut down in another 1.5 months for loading. Just do whatever you want.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:41 pm

I was actually asking about the NW Buxx card, probably not clear.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by TheChallenge
Anyone know if the teller withdrawal fee is waived at all banking institutions, or just USBs?
Any response to this please? Same question: Does this mean we can get 2000 out of one card all at once from the teller with no fees at USB location?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:13 pm

I was actually asking about the NW Buxx card, probably not clear.
In that case, it doesn't matter what others think on how many cards they have. If you just have 2 cards then just load as you normally do. The load and unloads are enough headache for even 2 cards.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by FT-hss
Any response to this please? Same question: Does this mean we can get 2000 out of one card all at once from the teller with no fees at USB location?
the only way to find out is for someone to try and they report results. It's not time for me to load any of my cards yet so I can't be the first to try.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
There is not a grand max of $2k per account on NW Buxx. There is a per teen monthly max and a per credit card weekly max as described in the Wiki. If you had trouble adding new teens, then wait a week or so and try again. Also try adding a second credit card and using that one to do the initial load. Also make sure that if you are using a Chase CC, that you have enough CA limit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.