Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by CockyDoc16
Has anyone recently tried to load NW Buxx with a Citi TY Premier? Did it post as a purchase? It seems like it should based on the Prestige data point in the wiki above but just wanted to know if anyone could confirm that the Premier also codes as purchase. Thanks in advance!
On Preferred card funding NW Buxx, I got 1 TY point for purchase but not 2 TY bonus points that I had for 6 months.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by anagoree
On Preferred card funding NW Buxx, I got 1 TY point for purchase but not 2 TY bonus points that I had for 6 months.
Thank you so much for the response. I guess it is fairly safe to assume that the Premier will post as purchase if both the preferred and prestige are posting that way. It's a shame that the bonus points aren't given but still nice that Citi seems to have loosened up on charging these as cash advances.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Smileycj1
I see it right now. Manage teens heading on the left, then add new teen link underneath.
Do you happen to have a direct link to the add a teen page?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Originally Posted by parioneti
Is there a reason why you don't recommend using Buxx to load $200/day online? I'm just curious because I have a friend who loads $200/ day for total of $1000 on bluebird.
It was NW Buxx.. I guess problem was due to my chase Ink plus.. I lowered CA limit to $100 and when I was trying to do initial load of $500, it was not going through. So, I tried with $100 initial load and it went through fine.. Now, waiting to see how that gets posted on my chase account... I hope not as CA..
On a side note, I will receive only 1 card, right? for my registered "teen" but not for me as parent? To get one more card, does use of same SSN works?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by desikid
It was NW Buxx.. I guess problem was due to my chase Ink plus.. I lowered CA limit to $100 and when I was trying to do initial load of $500, it was not going through. So, I tried with $100 initial load and it went through fine.. Now, waiting to see how that gets posted on my chase account... I hope not as CA..
On a side note, I will receive only 1 card, right? for my registered "teen" but not for me as parent? To get one more card, does use of same SSN works?
Chase cards post as purchase. AFAIK, all Chase cards initially go through as CA so you have to raise your limit high enough to handle that. For my account, I have it at $1100 which is enough for the $1004 charges to go through.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:29 am

How safe to use Bank of America's Travel Reward card for funding of NW Buxx and US Buxx?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:09 pm

Anyone try using their usbuxx last 2 hours? Can't login and my card was declined

Last edited by James Ben; Sep 1, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by anagoree
How safe to use Bank of America's Travel Reward card for funding of NW Buxx and US Buxx?
Bofa TR posts as a purchase.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:27 pm

You can use the same SSN number for both parent and teen. That's what I did for my NW Buxx. I registered someone else in my household as the teen at first, then went back in and added my own name. Got two cards with two different names and used the same SSN throughout the whole ordeal.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by James Ben
Anyone try using their usbuxx last 2 hours? Can't login and my card was declined
I can login to my USBuxx account right now.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by James Ben
Just logged in and loaded about an hour ago.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:15 am

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Originally Posted by exoticfusion
You can use the same SSN number for both parent and teen. That's what I did for my NW Buxx. I registered someone else in my household as the teen at first, then went back in and added my own name. Got two cards with two different names and used the same SSN throughout the whole ordeal.
Thanks. Did they do two hard-pull on your credit?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks. Did they do two hard-pull on your credit?
No prepaid product, that I am aware of, checks your credit report.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:11 am

I feel like I've read the answer before but can't seem to find it again...so sorry in advance if it is a dumb question. For NW Buxx, does the initial load on a new teen card count towards the 30 day $1000 limit or am I able to REload up to $1000 in the first 30 days? Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by CockyDoc16
I feel like I've read the answer before but can't seem to find it again...so sorry in advance if it is a dumb question. For NW Buxx, does the initial load on a new teen card count towards the 30 day $1000 limit or am I able to REload up to $1000 in the first 30 days? Thank you!
On one card, I couldn't load another $500 for 7 days. On the other card, the initial load happened and then the scheduled load (same setup I did for card #1) went through fine the next day. Seems like if NW Buxx is in a good mood, it just works right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.