FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

frudd38 Apr 6, 2015 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 24624698)
I loaded from an A+ this morning.

To be clear, was this A+ added/switched to the account this morning?

Wakinguptooearly Apr 6, 2015 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Beetlesauce (Post 24614293)
What I do is to always use the self-checkout. Usually I buy a soda or gum. Then I walk to cashier manning the self checkout and say I want to load my bluebird. They are always facing you so they rarely see what cards you pull out once they start the process. I do the standard Visa debit Gift Card loads as many others have described (chg pmt, debit, enter pin). Always $500 at a time. If I need to load $1,000 I tell her I'll be loading $500 twice and switch between two gift cards without her seeing it.

I trying to find a previous post describing that Visa Gift Card loads (i.e. chg pmt, debit, enter pin), but I'm not sure how far back to look. Is the wiki method still up to date?

Mamibear Apr 6, 2015 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Wakinguptooearly (Post 24624848)
I trying to find a previous post describing that Visa Gift Card loads (i.e. chg pmt, debit, enter pin), but I'm not sure how far back to look. Is the wiki method still up to date?

1. tell cashier you want to load BB/Serve. if cashier doesn't know how, tell her to press 70 + action code;

2. she will be prompted to enter account number so tell her to swipe your BB/Serve card. tell them how much you want to load. if loading with cashier, it has to be at least $20. with Kate, I've loaded lesser amounts to drain VGCs.

3. you will be asked to confirm on your screens terminal if amount is correct. press YES;

4. swipe your VGC or DC. IME, for some Sunnies I buy, it goes right to PIN screen so I just input my PIN. Screen says APPROVED, receipt prints. Done. IF by chance the PIN screen does not come up and you see the yellow CHANGE PAYMENT button blink once after swiping your card, make sure to press that immediately. The other modes of payment screen will come up. Choose ATM/DEBIT and *(hopefully) PIN screen will come up. Input PIN. Approved. Get receipt. Done.

*for whatever reasons, sometimes the PIN screen does not come up even after pressing CHANGE PAYMENT. DO NOT PANIC. Press the CANCEL button and if necessary swipe your VGC or DC again and proceed with other steps in 4. If you notice cashier is getting antsy, and it doesn't work quit trying and move on to another register. You will just waste more time if they call for a CSM so better cancel and thank them for trying to help you. Be positive all the time, it helps a lot.

sanctume Apr 6, 2015 12:58 pm

Ahh, there's still hope

My 1 year AoR has ended.

Serve has been good. I sure miss the (50 x $1) / month freebies last year.

Downgraded Chase CSP to Freedom so I can keep the UR points.

I did not know I can still CC load Server online. I will try that as soon as Chase Freedom card arrives.

I cancelled the others: Chase Hyatt, Citi Hilton Honors, and Venture CapOne,.

I forgot a have Citi ThankYou preferred with no activity since I got the bonus points out already. I may try to CC load this to Serve later, but I'll read up to see what's up.

Fanfoot Apr 6, 2015 4:59 pm

BofA Alaska CC load to Serve coded as Cash Advance

... also charged $25 fee for $500 load. Yeesh. Date of 4/4 on the transaction.

XP1 Apr 6, 2015 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Fanfoot (Post 24626385)
BofA Alaska CC load to Serve coded as Cash Advance ... also charged $25 fee for $500 load. Yeesh. Date of 4/4 on the transaction.

You should have read the wiki.

hoak Apr 6, 2015 5:11 pm

Does MasterCard GC issued by Us Bank work for loading Serve at WM? I have been using VGC only before

mh1361 Apr 7, 2015 8:38 am

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 24624830)
To be clear, was this A+ added/switched to the account this morning?

I added it on April 3rd.

ranjanrocks Apr 7, 2015 9:49 am

Originally Posted by sanctume (Post 24625157)
My 1 year AoR has ended.

Serve has been good. I sure miss the (50 x $1) / month freebies last year.

Downgraded Chase CSP to Freedom so I can keep the UR points.

I did not know I can still CC load Server online. I will try that as soon as Chase Freedom card arrives.

I cancelled the others: Chase Hyatt, Citi Hilton Honors, and Venture CapOne,.

I forgot a have Citi ThankYou preferred with no activity since I got the bonus points out already. I may try to CC load this to Serve later, but I'll read up to see what's up.

i made the silly mistake of xfering my UR points from CSP to Freedom before i closed my CSP, i completely forgot that you can't xfer UR points from Freedom to any partners :mad:

Now i am sitting on 110k UR in my freedom, recently closed my CSP and Ink cards so i need to sit on UR for about 20more months or get my SO to apply for CSP and transfer to her account...I really needed the UR for Hyatt this summer...oh well!

frudd38 Apr 7, 2015 10:20 am

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 24629149)
I added it on April 3rd.

The issue didn't start until after that... Moot point in a week anyways.

pmaddock Apr 7, 2015 10:52 am

Rejected at Walmart today with GC

FYI - had trouble at Walmart today unloading GCs to Serve. Cashier refused to load and sent me to Customer Service. The Service desk staff got very picky and wanted to inspect the card I was using. They specifically asked if I was using a Vanilla card to which I honestly said no as it was a MC GC bought at Kroger. I told them I wanted to do a debit load and they demanded to see the card I was using. It has been some time since I've had trouble so I wasn't prepared to do a juggle with my real debit card. They looked over the counter and saw I had a GC and told me they would not accept it.

Hopefully this is a one off but I'm a little worried there has been some sort of training renewal/warning issued. I'll try a different WM soon.

HGHUA Apr 7, 2015 11:11 am

Guess I'll keep my serve for at least another month. Just got a PRG and this will help me get the 1000 min spend. Hope it still works like that even if I get no points for the spend itself...

coronalforce Apr 7, 2015 6:22 pm

anyone have a list of 3rd party amex cards that should continue to work after the deadline?

ericdabbs Apr 7, 2015 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by coronalforce (Post 24632137)
anyone have a list of 3rd party amex cards that should continue to work after the deadline?

Nope...because we don't know what will and will not work officially until April 17th rolls around. Anyone claiming they know what will work is just guessing at this point.

satman40 Apr 7, 2015 6:37 pm

For you info, I loaded $500 on Serve from SMGC, no problem.....