FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

rrgg Jul 3, 2015 6:05 am

Originally Posted by knowledgeispower (Post 25062985)
I can confirm that as of 7/3 Chase is behaving as usual. My 2 CA's from 7/1 just posted as a sale (on Chase Marriott Visa)

I think you mean you did this with Soft Serve, not Serve?

knowledgeispower Jul 3, 2015 10:31 am

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 25063907)
I think you mean you did this with Soft Serve, not Serve?

Yes for those grandfathered in with the old Soft Serve.

sechs Jul 3, 2015 2:11 pm

Great news! If everything is working correctly and no one asked, we don't need your "data point!"

Thanks for reading the wiki and not cluttering the thread!

sechs Jul 3, 2015 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 25049149)
Another "stupid" one here. No issues so far.

I've always done this, taking a few weeks of float in addition to the points/miles/cash back.

If you're really worried, you can rotate cards every month. That way, you're loading with a card one month and apparently paying it off with money loaded from the other during the next month.

knowledgeispower Jul 3, 2015 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by sechs (Post 25065692)
Great news! If everything is working correctly and no one asked, we don't need your "data point!"

Thanks for reading the wiki and not cluttering the thread!

A positive data point is an important data point. In the scientific community negative data is not the only useful data to report.

Also I know many FT members who wait for others to be guinea pigs every month before risking it themselves.

nas6034 Jul 5, 2015 1:04 pm

To the Indian guy behind me who broke Kate and had to have it reset by customer service out in LI, NY. PM me!

Nash14 Jul 6, 2015 6:58 am

Anyone had luck loading Serve with Hilton Amex?

knowledgeispower Jul 6, 2015 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Nash14 (Post 25076030)
Anyone had luck loading Serve with Hilton Amex?

Yes works fine a few days ago on my wife's Serve.

Carl Jul 7, 2015 3:19 pm

Bill payments

Does anyone know the cutoff for next-day delivery of bill payments to Amex and Chase? It seems to be 9 pm EDT for Barclays, but those other two (and likely many others) are some earlier hour(s). Thanks.

UPDATE: It appears the cutoff is 6 or 6:30, as I know I checked before 6, and now it's before 7 and the date has changed.

ned.stark Jul 7, 2015 3:58 pm

WM Kiosk for serve

So a couple of points and question:

a) Pressing the "Walmart Money Card" at the Kiosk to load Serve didn't work; it wasn't recognizing the card. I hit the Bluebird button and slid my Serve and it worked fine.

b) After sliding the debit card and entering my pin, i get another screen on the pin pad asking for pin. This time the number of characters is 8. Not sure what to enter here. Tried and few times, but no avail. Finally went to a register and did the load there.

Now question,

Has anyone else experienced this with the Kiosk what i described in b? I have multiple debit cards i would like to load using the Kiosk as that is easier but obviously won't be able to if the above persists.

Thanks for your feedback.

Carl Jul 7, 2015 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by ned.stark (Post 25083982)

a) Pressing the "Walmart Money Card" at the Kiosk to load Serve didn't work; it wasn't recognizing the card. I hit the Bluebird button and slid my Serve and it worked fine.

b) After sliding the debit card and entering my pin, i get another screen on the pin pad asking for pin. This time the number of characters is 8. Not sure what to enter here. Tried and few times, but no avail. Finally went to a register and did the load there.

Now question,

Has anyone else experienced this with the Kiosk what i described in b? I have multiple debit cards i would like to load using the Kiosk as that is easier but obviously won't be able to if the above persists.

I have experienced the long PIN request and found nothing to resolve it. I think the machine has to be reset by a worker.

ericdabbs Jul 7, 2015 7:18 pm

Now question,

You can use the "Walmart Money Card" option to load Serve. I use this option all the time to load my Serve card. There is something else wrong with the kiosk that is independent of the "Walmart Money Card" option. If you feel the Bluebird option suits you best....go for it but just wanted to clarify the air that it is absolutely not true about not being able to load Serve with that option.

BrownHP800 Jul 8, 2015 6:30 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 25084666)
You can use the "Walmart Money Card" option to load Serve. I use this option all the time to load my Serve card. There is something else wrong with the kiosk that is independent of the "Walmart Money Card" option. If you feel the Bluebird option suits you best....go for it but just wanted to clarify the air that it is absolutely not true about not being able to load Serve with that option.

You can also use the Rapid Reload button as well. From what I have seen, it does not seem to matter which of the 3 you press.

ChrisFlyer66 Jul 8, 2015 8:01 am

Now question,

I think the problem you are describing is in the wiki on the Walmart kiosk thread. The short answer is: yes, other people have experienced the problem. You probably have to find a kiosk at another Walmart.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ys-broken.html

ned.stark Jul 8, 2015 8:24 am

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I'll try a different Walmart or if all fails ask the store personal for assistance. Sorry for missing the wiki info.