Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 7:19 am

MS w/ Amex Simply Cash Business

Used my AMEX Simply Cash Business and bought 3K worth of these, earning a nice 5% back too. Gotta love the Twin Cities, Minnesota metro area. Tons of Office Max's abound.
Old May 8, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Any one notice new packaging for 200 and 100 gift cards. They are a matte blue and have a 02/24 exp date. Still metabank though
Old May 8, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
I wish they would restock the $200 cards
Old May 8, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
Yes u can use for MO but not at wmt, do your research about the neighborhood stores. ymmv.

Think and plan before u buy the cards. (Know the windows before entering the unknown house.....)
Thank you! I mean, I could use the gift card for my monthly expenses if unloading them won't work. I have 1500 monthly expenses that I spend on credit card. The problem is that you tell me to think ahead, I saved 20bucks anyway by buying the VGC. Also, You said that I can buy MO but not at WMT... The thing is that there are so many posts and there is so much information, and none said I couldn't but from WMT. I thought these posts were to help each other. When I find locations and post them people are thankful, but when I ask for help people just shut me down and send me to read.

Thanks for the help.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by stutz88
Also, You said that I can buy MO but not at WMT... The thing is that there are so many posts and there is so much information, and none said I couldn't but from WMT.
Read the Wiki of this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...bit-cards.html
Old May 8, 2015, 11:26 am
Suspended

Thank you! I mean, I could use the gift card for my monthly expenses if unloading them won't work. I have 1500 monthly expenses that I spend on credit card. The problem is that you tell me to think ahead, I saved 20bucks anyway by buying the VGC. Also, You said that I can buy MO but not at WMT... The thing is that there are so many posts and there is so much information, and none said I couldn't but from WMT. I thought these posts were to help each other. When I find locations and post them people are thankful, but when I ask for help people just shut me down and send me to read.

Thanks for the help.
Its sort of simple, there are a few types of Wallys, with 1 type almost a sure thing, the other 2 are YMMV but generally they will work at them as well. So many noobs end up going to 1 of the 2 YMMV types and end up striking out on the 1st pitch and then are all . So its best to go where most likely you will walk out with the MO and not get all

Now not all supermkts will allow a DC (or GC) to be used for a MO and its ca$h only. This is also a YMMV as some locations with the same chain may allow it using a DC(GC). Then not all locations of a given chain even have MOs

Yes it can be overbearing, but if you read the main Thread for Beginners and the WiKis to those stores or types of cards you want to deal in then that should cut down on the confusion. That said its best to post I read here and link the post and it said the opposite from what youre saying. This way everyone will know that you arent simply asking questions w/o having 1st done your homework(search)

I kid you not when I 1st started playing this game, I wrote down everything on paper. And you MUST take note of the date of the post otherwise its like reading the Yankees and Bosoxs are 1-1 with the rubber game being played tonight. You run around like a chicken w/o its head on trying to find someone who will take you $$ for the bet and they all refuse. Now had you looked at the date of that post you would have seen it was 5/8/14. Pt is in this game things can and do change on a daily basis, so its possible this past Sun to load a RB with a CC yet not on Tues any longer. What was possible or not possible last week may in fact be the opposite this week, people dont back and edit out the old stuff. But theres still alot of good info even in the old posts as how to do things or what not to do, thats why when Im looking into a new item for the 1st time I read the entire thread and usually learn afew things to boot

Last edited by craz; May 8, 2015 at 11:35 am
Old May 8, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by tilleyd
Used my AMEX Simply Cash Business and bought 3K worth of these, earning a nice 5% back too. Gotta love the Twin Cities, Minnesota metro area. Tons of Office Max's abound.
hopefully you are not the person called each store and asked for the $200 card to be held.
Old May 8, 2015, 1:17 pm

Does anyone know if OM/OD can do split tender for getting VGC? If I wanted to get $600 in VGCs, can I pay with a AGC with $5xx.yy plus another CC? I know may stores support this but didn't know if anyone has tried this at OM/OD.
Old May 8, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I got split tender to work a few months back when there was Amex promotion both at OD & OM.
Old May 8, 2015, 1:59 pm

Pulled the trigger on 3x $200 Vanilla Bancorp Visa's. At first the $40 off didn't appear and the cashier tried to explain that it need to be $300 on EACH GC. I politely informed them that this wasn't the case. The manager came over and took care of it quickly. The issue was the >$500 override that was needed.

Are these the one's that take awhile to activate? Not sure if I want to load via Serve ($49.99 each swipe) or try my luck at Target.
Old May 8, 2015, 2:26 pm

Tried the OM in Marlboro, MA last night only because of a backup on the highway that put me right next to it. No $200 VGC spots even on their rack. Only $100's and that was empty. Sign on top of the GC rack for $20 off $300. Sigh
Old May 8, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by David_
Pulled the trigger on 3x $200 Vanilla Bancorp Visa's. At first the $40 off didn't appear and the cashier tried to explain that it need to be $300 on EACH GC. I politely informed them that this wasn't the case. The manager came over and took care of it quickly. The issue was the >$500 override that was needed.

Are these the one's that take awhile to activate? Not sure if I want to load via Serve ($49.99 each swipe) or try my luck at Target.
Must wait at least 30 minutes after activation. Target works for these GCs.
Old May 8, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Blame games are for children, Adults take it under the chin ^
^
Old May 8, 2015, 3:49 pm

No need to tell me what I should do, I read about it and unfortunately all the programs change. If someone wants to be kind and help me out by replying, then I will be thankful. By replying to me and not helping me you just waisted your time. I would like to know if there is anything new I can do to unload. I know that possibly I can unload with the RedCard, but I don't know if other programs are still open or not, I also know about Mo. Please don't be rude.
^
When buying $500 MO at a grocery store with $200GC's, ask the cashier to split tender to $200 max increments (calculate the breakdown in advance, incl the MO fees). Otherwise your payment may be declined, and that could alarm the cashier.
Old May 8, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Car Jack
Tried the OM in Marlboro, MA last night only because of a backup on the highway that put me right next to it. No $200 VGC spots even on their rack. Only $100's and that was empty. Sign on top of the GC rack for $20 off $300. Sigh
If you want the $200 in many places, you need to hit it early the first day.

Manager at my OD admitted they weren't planning to restock the $200 and $100 until AFTER the promotion is over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.