Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: straight cash homey
Searched and couldn't find an answer - I have the Home Rebate card (past the 6 mo. 5% initial CB), can my SO apply for the card and link it to our mortgage since I applied by myself originally?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:58 pm

This is quite embarrassing as I consider myself and educated MS'er, but I swear I cannot find if I have the 5% CB or 5% Rewards card. I even called and gave some BS excuse about needing to know and the associate couldn't even help me.

I saw that this was discussed a few pages back, but any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cb11
This is quite embarrassing as I consider myself and educated MS'er, but I swear I cannot find if I have the 5% CB or 5% Rewards card. I even called and gave some BS excuse about needing to know and the associate couldn't even help me.

I saw that this was discussed a few pages back, but any help would be appreciated.
Does your online rewards balance have a $ or not? Cause that's gonna be a fairly reliable indicator of which type of card you have
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear

keep reading and learn from all strategies shared in this forum.
My advise to you is to keep reading and learning as well, there is a lot one can learn from this community, keep asking questions.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
Originally Posted by cruisr
It died and there is a whole discussion about it on the CVS thread. It was good while it lasted (the month of October)
I was able to use it through nov 30 ...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:02 am

Anybody have Account Unavailable this morning in their WF account? Just wanted to see if it was site wide or individual users
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by AlabamaTraveler
Anybody have Account Unavailable this morning in their WF account? Just wanted to see if it was site wide or individual users
I'm seeing the same thing this morning, here's to hoping its just a site issue.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by saw2645
I'm seeing the same thing this morning, here's to hoping its just a site issue.
Same. Could we use the card now?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by AlabamaTraveler
It was working around 630 am est, but now it's showing unavailable
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:18 am

Well, can someone try to use the card to see if it goes through?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:12 am

Has anyone been successful with a second CLI or getting their CL raised AFTER some serious MS activity?

The reason I ask is I originally got the card with a 1.5k CL, called immediately the day it arrived and got the CL bumped up to 20k. id like to get it raised again to 30k, but my past month of activity Is sure to raise suspicion, (130k of spend, 100% grocery, every purchase at the same store for exactly $4553.55, etc.) are they going to check that and care? Or will they just look at total account balances, Ontime payments, fico, exposure, etc?

Don't want to leave money on the table, but also don't want to rock the boat.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:17 am

9:15 EST and I have the error.

Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by ILSApproach
Has anyone been successful with a second CLI or getting their CL raised AFTER some serious MS activity?

The reason I ask is I originally got the card with a 1.5k CL, called immediately the day it arrived and got the CL bumped up to 20k. id like to get it raised again to 30k, but my past month of activity Is sure to raise suspicion, (130k of spend, 100% grocery, every purchase at the same store for exactly $4553.55, etc.) are they going to check that and care? Or will they just look at total account balances, Ontime payments, fico, exposure, etc?

Instead of rocking the boat asking for a CLI, why don't you flip the CL a few more times?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by ILSApproach

MarcoPolo88 is correct. 20k is excellent to utilize sufficiently. You've done well, no need to rock the boat.

On another topic: no need for anyone to get nervous about not being able to access their cc account today. They're having some temporary issues. Meanwhile, their call center phones are probably lighting up like a Christmas tree from customers calling in worried something is wrong with their accounts. No need to call in unless you've received an alert via email or phone.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
MarcoPolo88 is correct. 20k is excellent to utilize sufficiently. You've done well, no need to rock the boat.

On another topic: no need for anyone to get nervous about not being able to access their cc account today. They're having some temporary issues. Meanwhile, their call center phones are probably lighting up like a Christmas tree from customers calling in worried something is wrong with their accounts. No need to call in unless you've received an alert via email or phone.
I've already had a friend call me saying his account was shutdown after seeing that online. I had to talk him off the ledge.

Personally I have a 13k CL and don't think I will have any issues putting 125k+ a month on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.