Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:59 pm

Last day of 5% offer

My "end day" of the 6 months is 11/1. I called customer service and they say that I will not earn 6% on this date. That in fact the last day I will receive the 5% is on 10/31. Can anyone else confirm this? I feel like that is not true. I have had this card before and i am pretty sure I pushed it all the way to the end including the "end date"
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:26 pm

let it go, let it go...
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:36 pm

So sad to see Halloween come and go. Big thanks to the one in this group. You know who you are and I hope you found and stuck to your winning formula until this very end.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Yeah - Halloween made me cry
Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:19 pm

No CVS Earn More Mall bonus for November?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
The promotion ended in October. If it is not in your account what are you looking for?

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 1, 2015 at 8:36 pm Reason: remove quote
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:28 pm

Promotion was available in September and then extended in October. I checked WF website and didn't see it for November, but wanted to double check here.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 1, 2015 at 8:35 pm Reason: off topic
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Promotion was available in September and then extended in October. I checked WF website and didn't see it for November, but wanted to double check here.
wow, I can't believe I missed signing up for it in September!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:04 pm

you WILL get 5 points on the end date

Originally Posted by hokiegl
My "end day" of the 6 months is 11/1. I called customer service and they say that I will not earn 6% on this date. That in fact the last day I will receive the 5% is on 10/31. Can anyone else confirm this? I feel like that is not true. I have had this card before and i am pretty sure I pushed it all the way to the end including the "end date"
Just confirmed on the rewards site. My end date was this past Sunday. 2 days later my 5X rewards show pending on the site. So, despite the conflicting data points over the past years, as of 11/1/2015 you WILL get all your 5X points even on the "end date" of your promotional period.

I am so glad that I went HUGE on my last day!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:20 pm

Just confirmed on the rewards site. My end date was this past Sunday. 2 days later my 5X rewards show pending on the site. So, despite the conflicting data points over the past years, as of 11/1/2015 you WILL get all your 5X points even on the "end date" of your promotional period.

I am so glad that I went HUGE on my last day!
How long are you planning on waiting till signing up for one of the other 5% cb/5x points cards?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by tontod
How long are you planning on waiting till signing up for one of the other 5% cb/5x points cards?
6-7 months. It takes a while for the card and the rewards account to drop off your account. I wan to make sure its completely off their system before I try again.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:41 pm

6-7 months. It takes a while for the card and the rewards account to drop off your account. I wan to make sure its completely off their system before I try again.
Did you cancel the current card?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:08 pm

Why do you need for the rewards account to completely drop off your account first? I assume you cancelled the card or else the rewards account wouldn't go away.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:28 pm

I don't understand the logic of this (or what it means to "drop off" your account). The promotion is by card type; whether a previously closed account is or is not visible on the website has no bearing.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by ronnyk
I don't understand the logic of this (or what it means to "drop off" your account). The promotion is by card type; whether a previously closed account is or is not visible on the website has no bearing.
You can do as you wish. This is the method I use. This is my 3rd card. Usually after I cancel the card, the accounts still appear online for a long time. I prefer to wait for them to disappear completely. Anyway, I need the rest. I go VERY hard on this card when I have it. 3-4 hours per day of MSing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.