Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bigugly
I feel ya. I have almost nothing useful on Evolve, I don't have access to AFT, -4 BP, and only 1 K within 50 miles for a BP there. With AP leaving us, my cheaper options for shedding OV without Kate are slim.
Guess I'm lucky then. I can pay my HOA fees, gas and electric, water, and trash with Evolve, so I find it quite useful. Just would take quite a while to spend a full $5k of OVs that way.

I've heard you can also use OVs as an actual debit card, but I'm not sure that's true.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:13 pm

Just want to post a data point - the last 3 days I have been unsuccessful in loading BB at a kiosk or at checkout with a OV. The first day I tried several times to no avail. Next day just a few times between other loads. Today, just once after my other loads. Fortunately I only have 1 OV to unload, which I can easily use on Evolve at the end of the month.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Had 3 successful loads this past Sunday. Today tried 3 different OVs at different load amounts, several swipes at Kate all unsuccessful.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Just want to post a data point - the last 3 days I have been unsuccessful in loading BB at a kiosk or at checkout with a OV. The first day I tried several times to no avail. Next day just a few times between other loads. Today, just once after my other loads. Fortunately I only have 1 OV to unload, which I can easily use on Evolve at the end of the month.
While I certainly appreciate your posting your results, I need to point out that your experience today doesn't tell us anything. I'm sorry but trying only once is meaningless.

My experience during the last two months is that it takes an average of 2.5 swipes when everything is working well at Kate. My last visit, with 3 OVs, my first card failed 5 times. Then I switched to a second card that went thru on the first swipe. The next card loaded on the second swipe. Going back to the first card that had failed 5 times, it then loaded with just one swipe. I wouldn't want to try 9 swipes for 3 cards at the MC, but at Kate it just takes a few extra minutes to find out if things are working or not. Once is not enough to tells us anything....
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by ftomasze
Had 3 successful loads this past Sunday. Today tried 3 different OVs at different load amounts, several swipes at Kate all unsuccessful.
How many swipes per card?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
How many swipes per card?
3-4 each.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by ftomasze
3-4 each.
9 + swipes and zero loads?

Both our BB accounts are complete for October. I rushed to get them done the first few days of the month just in case this happened. Lucky I did that I guess.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:31 pm

Between my two OVs, three different stores, about 8 txns, and maybe 40 swipes, I have had 0 successful loads this week at Kate. Didn't try today and won't again for a while unless I just happen to already be at Walmart. I will probably AP these two off because one of my opportunities only works with OV, and I don't want to be holding several of them for weeks. Well, there is another way, but I don't think the opportunity cost is worth it just yet.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

I guess OV stopped working in my WM

I always have a working Kate in my WM. And tried around 15 swipes yesterday and today. Not even one got approved.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:13 pm

No go for my one VGC, gave up after the 3rd swipe. I had to go the $49.99 route...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by kannon99
No go for my one VGC, gave up after the 3rd swipe. I had to go the $49.99 route...
Painful! I only had 3, I APd 2 of them and BPd one at K.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:20 pm

Sounds dead to me.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:28 pm

This is really irritating. The WM software engineers need to make that change in the WM POS software to allow OVs again.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
This is really irritating. The WM software engineers need to make that change in the WM POS software to allow OVs again.
I agree, make it all or nothing. At least we would know where we stand.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
There are numerous other methods out there for MS....Way to many one-trick ponies around here, but hopefully this will weed some out of the game

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.