Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Did you schedule the payment correctly on OV? The day you scheduled the payment has to be the same day its being charged (ex: Today is 10/10, you have to schedule a payment that is being charged on 10/10 which is typically 3 business days out. In this case I had to select 10/15). So you are sure you scheduled it correctly?
I've made dozens of payments thru Evolve, and this is the first time a payment of mine has failed. And yes, it was scheduled for being charged the same day, to be paid several days out. I really don't think it was operator error.

Not to mention the several posts the last couple of days about OV failing in simple debit transactions at brick and mortar locations.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
......As someone using OV at WM, I don't think it was out of line to ask if other types of cards are working much better than OV......
yes there are other brands that work a lot better than OV.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:24 am

Asking about non-OV is perfectly valid for a discussion like this, for the troubleshooting aspect of OV not working, if nothing else.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by bigugly
Asking about non-OV is perfectly valid for a discussion like this, for the troubleshooting aspect of OV not working, if nothing else.
I never said asking about other cards was an issue. The original question is why no one was discussing other cards (not whether other cards were working). I simply provided the answer that for one, its an OV thread (so unless the question is asked about other cards - it likely wont be volunteered readily) and for two, most people on FT rarely share what works, only what stops working in large quantities. So, if other cards were not working well, likely there would be numerous reports/threads created about those cards. The fact that there is not should be enough to infer that there is not likely to be an issue with them.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
Well, for one this is a thread about the OV and not about other cards. For two, other cards have never stopped working, and do not have continuing problems like the OV, so why would we report something that has always worked and is not broken, as currently working??
OR there may not be any other card working to report.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Just loaded 6 OV at Kate (3 cards and then 10 min wait). 2 cards took 2 wipes and 4 of them only took one swipe. It also did not issue the declined and checksum receipts like it normally does.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by sanctified50
Just loaded 6 OV at Kate (3 cards and then 10 min wait). 2 cards took 2 wipes and 4 of them only took one swipe. It also did not issue the declined and checksum receipts like it normally does.
I also loaded 3 on my lunch break at Kate. One swipe for the first and two swipes each for the other two.

No issues here. Not sure why people are calling it dead....
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bean
I also loaded 3 on my lunch break at Kate. One swipe for the first and two swipes each for the other two.

Because people are stupid and panic at the slightest hick-up?

Nah, couldn't be that.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
OR there may not be any other card working to report.
If that were the case we'd have far more "the sky is falling, MS is completely dead" threads. And Im not talking about those who think that over AP closure/Serve online load issues....
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:23 am

The original question is why no one was discussing other cards (not whether other cards were working).
yes, I probably shouldn't have asked why no one was posting about other cards working. It's just that many people did post that using OVs was basically "stupid", and I thought one of them would have said "when card type XXX is working so well".

most people on FT rarely share what works, only what stops working in large quantities.
I hate that about FT. If we all would share what works, instead of trying to hoard it as our own little secret method, we would all have much more success in this game.

So, if other cards were not working well, likely there would be numerous reports/threads created about those cards. The fact that there is not should be enough to infer that there is not likely to be an issue with them.
There are so many (darn) sic. threads on FT, I can't keep track of them all. So I don't know if there are other threads of that type or not. I spent weeks trying to figure out why virtually no one was posting about WMBP on the official WMBP thread, until I finally discovered this thread is where nearly all of the BP posts are. Despite the fact that it is titled "Money Order Purchases".

I missed out on a full 65 day cycle of AA EXEC apps, because I was only reading the AA Plat thread, and all of the posts were on the EXEC thread. If I'd known about that thread sooner, we would both have already gotten another 200K AA miles by now. But with FT, you don't hear about what you don't know already about...
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by granstagna
Not really, usually the one that recognized me treat me well.... Of course I don't go through the multiple swipes exercise with them. Just a quick in and out a couple times a week.
Most of the cashiers are nice. Once in a while I'll get one who just seems miserable and they are not eager to help.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
I hate that about FT. If we all would share what works, instead of trying to hoard it as our own little secret method, we would all have much more success in this game.
I agree to a certain extent. Things that are obviously loopholes like HIGC shouldnt get posted as they will get killed practically instantly (people were doing it for months and then it was killed within 2-3 days). Methods that are just that, methods, and not loopholes, should definitely be shared openly. But hey, my own little secret LOOPHOLE (not method) got closed down last week without it ever making it to FT or openly on the internet as far as I am aware. I can only imagine how long it wouldve lasted had it been posted several months ago. Probably about... two days....
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by sanctified50
Originally Posted by Bean

Because its not dead. Some folks just like to do like 5 swipes and call it dead. Its fine..its better that those folks assume its dead so less people hit it.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree to a certain extent. Things that are obviously loopholes like HIGC shouldnt get posted as they will get killed practically instantly (people were doing it for months and then it was killed within 2-3 days). Methods that are just that, methods, and not loopholes, should definitely be shared openly. But hey, my own little secret LOOPHOLE (not method) got closed down last week without it ever making it to FT or openly on the internet as far as I am aware. I can only imagine how long it wouldve lasted had it been posted several months ago. Probably about... two days....
Or possibly the same length of time. No one can really show cause/effect, only correlation, which can simply be coincidence. The fact remains that opportunities will disappear eventually -- don't fret over it, just go on to the next one.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:55 am

I agree to a certain extent. Things that are obviously loopholes like HIGC shouldnt get posted as they will get killed practically instantly (people were doing it for months and then it was killed within 2-3 days). Methods that are just that, methods, and not loopholes, should definitely be shared openly.....
I understand, and totally agree. If it's a loophole that will be shut down with a minimum of publicity, keep quiet and milk it for all its worth while it still works. I was responding to: "most people on FT rarely share what works". I've read people responding to questions about how to do the workaround with OV from credit to debit at WM by saying "go out and try it yourself". Which is stupid. How long might it take each person to find out on their own, and what of all the aggravation for the WM cashiers while all of those people fumble thru the learning process.

You got in on the Hebsacker Internet Go Cup (HIGC) loophole? Lucky You.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.