Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
i don't wish for Kate to Stop working, i wish for OV to stop working, i use other cards that don't piss off Kate. almost always during the day time its always locked up because some idiot went over the 10 minutes limit or some other limit.
Even if OV stopped working, Kate will be locked up because some one else went over the velocity limit of 1999.99 with other GCs (OV has no impact on velocity limit, it just takes multiple swipes. In fact, it might be good for you because their first $500 might have reset by the time they try multiple swipes taking more than 10 mins, freeing it up for you).

And it is not always idiots who go over the limit. It depends on people using the machine before you. It goes over the limit sometimes on the first $500 when someone has loaded before you. So, dont assume it is always the idiots who went over the limit. It happens to everyone.

Last edited by jaiice; Oct 4, 2014 at 11:25 am
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by jaiice
Even if OV stopped working, Kate will be locked up because some one else went over the velocity limit of 1999.99 with other GCs (OV has no impact on velocity limit, it just takes multiple swipes. In fact, it might be good for you because their first $500 might have reset by the time they try multiple swipes taking more than 10 mins, freeing it up for you).

And it is not always idiots who go over the limit. It depends on people using the machine before you. It goes over the limit sometimes on the first $500 when someone has loaded before you. So, dont assume it is always the idiots who went over the limit. It happens to everyone.
Not True. when OV stopped working for awhile Kate was always working, when OV came back with problems, Kate is almost always out of order. it might not be the case where you live but this is how it is where i live.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:42 pm

it might not be the case where you live but this is how it is where i live.
since it's always YMMV, I don't see the point of arguing.

to each his own; people will do what works for them in their location.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:46 pm

Not True. when OV stopped working for awhile Kate was always working, when OV came back with problems, Kate is almost always out of order. it might not be the case where you live but this is how it is where i live.
Correlation and causation are not the same thing.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:41 pm

I don't why ppl don't wait 10 mins before loading. Just because kate is working. Don't get all excite and rush over to load.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by sosamo
I don't why ppl don't wait 10 mins before loading. Just because kate is working. Don't get all excite and rush over to load.
So you go in the store and stand at Kate for 10 minutes waiting before you load. Never in a million years would I waste 10 minutes for nothing, but to each his own...I guess WM is good place for people watching. The again, I only do 4 swipes for 4 cards and I am done and not up to 8+ swipes per card like some of these twits do...so an extra 10 minutes is nothing to them anyway.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:44 pm

Just load two cards at Kate at 10:15 est. Both 1 swipe. Really surprise me.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
since it's always YMMV, I don't see the point of arguing.

to each his own; people will do what works for them in their location.
This. Every location is different.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
i don't wish for Kate to Stop working, i wish for OV to stop working, i use other cards that don't piss off Kate. almost always during the day time its always locked up because some idiot went over the 10 minutes limit or some other limit.
The time limit has nothing to do with the card being used. It's simply a limit to how many $ you can load without taking a break. Nor do OVs "piss off Kate" in any way. They are just more likely to be misread when swiping, meaning in my case it takes an average of 2.5 swipes per card. That adds a couple of minutes when loading a full $2500. No big deal....
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:05 pm

I swiped 4 cards, I think 2 worked the first time, other ones took 2+ swipes. Thankfully the Money Center lines were steady and I didn't have to stand there at Kate with the employees looking at me and hearing the failed swipe language from the machine. I don't think I'd do this with no lines at the Money Center. I envy the people that have Kates not located in the MC, all the WM around here have them in the MC.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian
Just load two cards at Kate at 10:15 est. Both 1 swipe. Really surprise me.
Only had $1500 left to load for us this month. Loaded 3 OVs at Kate with 4 swipes about 2 hours ago. First really easy peasy loading session in a long time.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:52 pm

When you guys try to use a ov and it doesn't go through to load a bb, does it give you guys different codes or does it say something along the line of it not being a debit transaction?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by itsbroken
When you guys try to use a ov and it doesn't go through to load a bb, does it give you guys different codes or does it say something along the line of it not being a debit transaction?
The on screen display and audio prompt is "Debit not available" ( twice ).

The printed receipt usually is Error 12 or Error 57.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Ragnarok
The on screen display and audio prompt is "Debit not available" ( twice ).

The printed receipt usually is Error 12 or Error 57.
I get 'debit not available' code 51 at the money center CS.

kate equally bad as the Money center?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
I get 'debit not available' code 51 at the money center CS.

kate equally bad as the Money center?
Kate was just horrible yesterday. I had 3 OVs to load to BB, and 2 of them went thru the first swipe. But one of them I actually had to swipe twice to get it to load. What a waste of 20 seconds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.