Kroger Master Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
Are they now figuring out a way to "track" the credit card used and limit it across stores in a geographic area?
welcome to the software upgrade
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:46 pm

I tried to get a 1K MO at 2 different krogers today and had to tell the cashier in advance about 2 swipes for 500$ each because my debit card has limit per transaction and the cashier asked me if it is vgc right after that. I know this is classic ymmv but just wondering if folks have a good reason/strategy to not draw attention to the 2 swipe thing.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I tried to get a 1K MO at 2 different krogers today and had to tell the cashier in advance about 2 swipes for 500$ each because my debit card has limit per transaction and the cashier asked me if it is vgc right after that. I know this is classic ymmv but just wondering if folks have a good reason/strategy to not draw attention to the 2 swipe thing.
I always go with a friend or wife and say we are splitting cost. But i hardly do MO. I am sure if I do that every other day, it wont work.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
I always say "can I please have you ring them up separately so I can get two receipts?" Paying an extra 49c for a second money order is a small price to pay for minimal scrutiny. Plus I actually saw someone (def not an MSer) going round and round once with a cashier about how her landlord wouldn't accept a mo without a receipt...and she was back at the store begging them to reprint it. Seems like a legit enuf reason for me so I keep that in my back pocket in case anyone ever gives me grief about separate transactions.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
I always say "can I please have you ring them up separately so I can get two receipts?" Paying an extra 49c for a second money order is a small price to pay for minimal scrutiny. Plus I actually saw someone (def not an MSer) going round and round once with a cashier about how her landlord wouldn't accept a mo without a receipt...and she was back at the store begging them to reprint it. Seems like a legit enuf reason for me so I keep that in my back pocket in case anyone ever gives me grief about separate transactions.
Just making sure I got this right. Are you saying that you get 2 MO for 500 each?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Just making sure I got this right. Are you saying that you get 2 MO for 500 each?
Correct but I do odd amounts... one for 498.XX and one for 499.XX. Then I just autodrain the cards in the self checkout lane when I actually need to buy food
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by wharvey
No... was like my fifth purchase of the day at a different store.
Then the daily limit is likely between sum(first four purchases) and sum(first four purchases)+1500

Do Kroger charges usually take two or three biz days to go posted from pending? If it's 3, you may have to add in your purchases from the previous day.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Please continue this discussion in the new thread for 2016:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ad-2016-a.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.