Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kate Hoggers??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:42 pm

QUOTE=mithrin;22483292]I'm out of town this week, but was lucky to find two working Kates, at the first two WM I tried! A couple times I was there it was busy at the MC, and others got in line for Kate. I would finish the GC I was on or do one more (depending how long into a load they started waiting).

I've been loading up to 3K per visit to Wally, often with OM 200s, so it's going to take me a significant time to load them all. It's not fair to make someone wait 30 mins to get cash from the ATM just so I don't have to wait an extra 2 mins for my next load. Also, monopolizing the machine could draw negative attention to my activities.

So I'll step aside. Sometimes I just wait off to the side for them to finish. Sometimes take a restroom break. If there are several people in line for Kate, I'll head over to a cashier line and get a load in while I'm waiting. Or hop in the MC line if it isn't too long and do a MO or BP.

I find that if you go after the MC closes, there's less chance someone wants to use Kate while you're there.

Only one time ran into a fellow MSer. She was there first and loading 200s. I left to go load via cashiers, and went to Kate when she finished. If she had been loading 500s, I would have asked how much she did total, and what the timestamp was on the first receipt so I could make sure I waited long enough and didn't lock up the machine.[/QUOTE]

Apologies if that was me. SE Denver? I only had 4 cards, but was so happy to see Kate working, that I was determined to get those done.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by roki
I dated a girl in high school named Kate Hoggers
Did it end as badly for you as it did for Howard in The Big Bang Theory?

Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Travel22
She is hot, but very temperamental.
Yeah, she's so hot she overheats and goes down 90% of the time, too much "swiping."
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
It is nice to see a fellow FT'er go whole hog
Glad to see some people appreciate my work.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA CX AC
Past weekend, I went to load 15 smaller GC's from the OM promotion-all the 200 variety were gone. Anyway,after card #15 the machine worked okay until it was printing the receipt. It stopped half way thru, then printed a diagnostic jibberish and ended with the silver bullet message on the screen saying I needed assisstance. Oh well..

As far as when people are waiting behind me, I have a routine whereby I load five cards, then do a restroom break, then come back. If I still have a line then I go for a lap, and finnish. I would be mad if this guy in front of me was taking 15 mins due to bb loading......
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by jjd477
Past weekend, I went to load 15 smaller GC's from the OM promotion-all the 200 variety were gone. Anyway,after card #15 the machine worked okay until it was printing the receipt. It stopped half way thru, then printed a diagnostic jibberish and ended with the silver bullet message on the screen saying I needed assisstance. Oh well..
I did the OM deal last time it came around, in January. Only one bird so max 5 $200 GC's a day. Not one time did I get all 5 of those loaded without Kate doing that. Luckily the folks at my WM fixed it for me. They just like entered a supervisor's password, banged on the side of the machine, and a minute or so later the correct receipt I was waiting for printed out. Then I'd go back to finishing loading.

A young guy who seemed to know his stuff (for WM anyway) told me it was just the printer jamming that made it print out that weird receipt.

But I was only loading 5 cards and so only printing 5 receipts. The thing could even print 5 receipts without jamming! Definitely don't think I'll be asking that Kate to print out any money orders for me. Would hate to see what happens if it gets jammed trying to print $500 of my cash.

Originally Posted by jjd477
As far as when people are waiting behind me, I have a routine whereby I load five cards, then do a restroom break, then come back. If I still have a line then I go for a lap, and finnish. I would be mad if this guy in front of me was taking 15 mins due to bb loading......
No kidding. If you're someone wouldn't at least turn around and say to the person behind you, "do you just need to withdrawal some cash?", you should call your mother and tell her she did a poor job raising you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.