Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kate Hoggers??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Kate Hoggers??

Usually if I see a line forming behind me, I finish my transaction and leave the area so others can use the machine as well. But lately, its been my experience that I have to wait a lot longer (20-30 mins) to get my turn, b/c the person using the machine wouldn't leave until he finished unloading all the GCs in his pocket with no regard to the line behind him.

Sometimes there are folks who just want to use the ATM to withdraw cash..

Thoughts? Ethical? etc etc
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Usually if I see a line forming behind me, I finish my transaction and leave the area so others can use the machine as well. But lately, its been my experience that I have to wait a lot longer (20-30 mins) to get my turn, b/c the person using the machine wouldn't leave until he finished unloading all the GCs in his pocket with no regard to the line behind him.

Sometimes there are folks who just want to use the ATM to withdraw cash..

Thoughts? Ethical? etc etc
To each his own...
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
I am usually courteous to others if there is a line behind me. Most of the people in line are usually withdrawing money, which doesn't take too much time.

I try to spread my deposits between the Kiosk, customer service, and cashiers if I have a lot of GC to unload.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by bigasiannd
I am usually courteous to others if there is a line behind me. Most of the people in line are usually withdrawing money, which doesn't take too much time.

I try to spread my deposits between the Kiosk, customer service, and cashiers if I have a lot of GC to unload.
^ +1
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:34 am

If the Kate near me actually ever worked, I would give way to "real" people but maybe not to folks I know are / believe to be fellow MS'ers.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tuphat
If the Kate near me actually ever worked, I would give way to "real" people but maybe not to folks I know are / believe to be fellow MS'ers.
I've had success in 3 stores in the past week where Kate had been ill for months, but appears up and on her feet again to accept GCs. Has been nice to not have to roam around to a variety of CSR's to wash GC's....
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:49 am
Community Director Emerita

What is Kate?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What is Kate?
WM money center machine
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:53 am
Community Director Emerita

Thanks. I thought I was reasonably up on MS jargon, but that was a first for me.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I dated a girl in high school named Kate Hoggers
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roki
I dated a girl in high school named Kate Hoggers
+1
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:05 am

I normally give way as well but the last time I did that it was another MSer who whipped out 20 GCs just proceeded to act normally. I'm sure he saw me doing the same but didn't seem to care. After 10 minutes of waiting behind him I just left to walk the store. Was so pissed.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:07 am
jmw

I don't particularly care about the stranger behind me BUT....

Kate hoggers tend to get noticed by managers. To avoid getting shutdown, I'd let the people behind me use the machine. Don't give them a reason to shut us down and say "no giftcards."
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:07 am

For inside info GeorgeMilesArnold dated a CVS cashier nicknamed 'hoggers'.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whitesol
I normally give way as well but the last time I did that it was another MSer who whipped out 20 GCs just proceeded to act normally. I'm sure he saw me doing the same but didn't seem to care. After 10 minutes of waiting behind him I just left to walk the store. Was so pissed.
Been at the receiving end for quite a few times as well.. I cannot just load cards with folks behind me.. even if it's a fellow Mser.
If I have a line forming behind me, I will load one more card and leave... drawing too much attention is not good...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.