Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Vanilla MO problems...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by redarmy
For Wally MO transaction, the maximum swipe is three. Your fouth swipe will fail the entire transaction. Suggest you break your purchase into two!
It's actually 4 swipes. For bluebird loads, the bluebird swipe counts as one of the loads, but for MOs 4 swipes with GCs works every time.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by WhateverDude
It's actually 4 swipes. For bluebird loads, the bluebird swipe counts as one of the loads, but for MOs 4 swipes with GCs works every time.
+1, I do 4 cards daily
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by redarmy
For Wally MO transaction, the maximum swipe is three. Your fouth swipe will fail the entire transaction. Suggest you break your purchase into two!
The max is four. I do it frequently and have never had an issue.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1K, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by theacolyte
The max is four. I do it frequently and have never had an issue.
+1 almost every day (and multiple transactions per day)
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
One Vanilla MO problems...

Just an update to my original post: went to Wally's yesterday and used for MO with no problems. Was just a glitch I guess.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Several WM's I've been to have explicitly stated that they won't take debit cards for MO's or BB loads without raised numbers and a name on the card. This is not a good sign, although I showed her my paypal debit card and then employed some sleight of hand to put the One Vanilla card through when swiping my cards... so I know it's not hard coded, probably just a store to store policy - so far.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by silver4300
How do you set a PIN for OV online? I've always used any 4 numbers at the keypad. Never a problem.
Reading FAIL
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by coolblues
Reading FAIL
Time awareness fail. Comment was posted Feb 6th and explained that same day
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Talking

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
I got 99 problems but a One Vanilla ain't one.
+1 ^
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by carsonheim
Went to another store and tried to purchase MOs with some other OV cards. None would take
did you get a weird screen with a bunch of unfamiliar buttons
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:35 pm

went to my WM here in
cleveland, and was told "no more money orders with debt cards" new rule came down tues
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton honors. Club Carlson UA AA
I bought a few in upstate New York today. Worked ok. I did run into one zealous cashier last week who shot me down since OVD didn't have my name on it.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
How to Clear (Reset) a Pin on OneVanilla

A month ago when I was converting four $500 OV's to MO's at Wally's (paying the 70 cent fee for each separately with cash), a couple of times the 3rd or 4th OV swiped as "decline". Both times, I took my $1,000 MO from the two OV's that did swipe successfully and went home.

For the two declined OV's, I called the 800 number on the back and verified that they did, in fact, have $500 loaded on each one. Here is the key: There is a choice on the OneVanilla phone menu that allows you to clear the pin. Not sure, I think it is menu choice '8'. Menu choice '6' allows you to check another card without hanging up and calling back.

This had a happy ending. The next day, I was able to unload the two OV at WallyMart. I think this was caused by "operator error" -- either me mis-swiping or the clerk messing up. I don't know which. Now I just do one $1,000 MO's at a time with a pair of $500 OV. The store clerks or me are too unreliable to handle more. For the pin, "1111" or any four digits work fine.

The point is this: If you get an unload "fail", excuse yourself politely, walk away and check your OV's at home & clear the pin. Try again later.

FYI, the phone menu for OV works better than the website, which is crap.

Last edited by Bowgie; Apr 19, 2014 at 5:10 pm
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by milesmama
went to my WM here in
cleveland, and was told "no more money orders with debt cards" new rule came down tues
That's not good. But it's probably only your store. I bought a MO at WM (not in Ohio) using OV today without any trouble.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by milesmama
went to my WM here in
Bought a $1,000 MO at Wally this morning using two VGC I bought at the same Wally yesterday. No problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.