Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JH (Jackson Hewitt) Preferred Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
My JH arrived, too. Pastor preached on money at church tonight. Said spend cash, not credit. Third point out of six. Also, gave us homework. Watch the "RUDY" movie. Thank you, Pastor. Have a good evening.

What is the easiest, and least fee intense way to use this? I was at WM tonight (after church) and picked up a Money Services brochure featuring all the icons like VR, HRB Emerald. Didn't see the JH icon. But, reading posts indicates can reload at WM?

I "interviewed" the customer service person to go over reload procedures. I have a CC paid for VR and want to use it. Hopefully.

So far, the cost on this to start at $1k a month I figure is this:

$7.90 + 7.48 + $1.40 (2x MOs) is $16.78.

Net return: 1008 miles or points for VR cost.

Ok, what is it that I am missing?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by jan_believes
$7.90 + 7.48 + $1.40 (2x MOs) is $16.78.
To load the JH with the VR visit vanillareload.com and it's free, not $7.48.

A cheaper and easier way would be to load a BB card, so you can use the billpay instead of visiting WM for MOs.

Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6tTr8ZrbA0

Last edited by cuebert; Feb 8, 2014 at 8:22 pm
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by cuebert
To load the JH with the VR visit vanillareload.com and it's free, not $7.48.

A cheaper and easier way would be to load a BB card, so you can use the billpay instead of visiting WM for MOs.

Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6tTr8ZrbA0
Yes, I appreciate it. Thanks cuebert! Great information. Can try on Monday.

I've mentioned in another post I am waiting for on old Serve account to close before I can try out BB. Trying to be patient but couldn't help myself. I just had to know if I could get a VR at CVS with CC and I only struck out at one CVS and found two others that do sell them.

In the meantime, this card came in. Thanks again!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by carsonheim
Mine showed up yesterday. Loaded 1K yesterday, 1K today. Used it at grocery store today for a $2.33 purchase. Will ramp up over the coming weeks. :-:
Mine just arrived. I believe in the hard and fast approach, so I am going to spend $15 at the grocery store. Well, maybe not $15, say $12, hard and fast but not reckless.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:50 pm

I had the weirdest experience with the JH call in to verify process today. Get the must call msg so I do. Lady says ok now we have to ask you some security verification questions. Np im thinking, ive been through this drill before. Then the questions comes. Which of these addresses have u lived at. (four addresses I don't recognize) A: none.

next question: Which address most closely matches the following address. (she then gives me a completely random address and then 4 more addresses that are totally random) A: huh? why are they asking me about this completely random address that I don't recognize.

next question: which hospital is closest to you?
They name 4 hospitals, none of which are close to my home address. The two hospitals that are closest to my house are not on the list. Im like huh?

sorry Mr S but you have FAILED the questions and we no give u a card. buh bye!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:36 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Szamboti
I had the weirdest experience with the JH call in to verify process today. Get the must call msg so I do. Lady says ok now we have to ask you some security verification questions. Np im thinking, ive been through this drill before. Then the questions comes. Which of these addresses have u lived at. (four addresses I don't recognize) A: none.

next question: Which address most closely matches the following address. (she then gives me a completely random address and then 4 more addresses that are totally random) A: huh? why are they asking me about this completely random address that I don't recognize.

They name 4 hospitals, none of which are close to my home address. The two hospitals that are closest to my house are not on the list. Im like huh?

Ahhh one of the many reasons calling is my last option for anything MS-related. As long as I can reload and drain, I stay silent.

What did you get when you tried to apply online?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Looks like i was lucky enough to be approved online.

Think this is the first time I heard about some checks to get a prepaid card.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:25 pm

I've had questions like those when trying to order a credit report online. When I've "failed" them, it has been because there is some wrong information in my report somewhere. (Which is why I wanted a copy in the first place...) So I would check with wherever JH gets its information that your record is accurate.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:24 pm

Just got my card in the mail...they sent 2 of em. I managed to register both to different accounts.

Hopefully that's an extra 20k in VRs every month in the future?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uneeq
Yeah....no. You'll be shut down before the first month is over.

Got my card in the mail as well. I'm still debating how I want to play this one. I'm thinking 2k a month in VR's then use it to pay for MO's at WallyWorld.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver

hmm.closest hospital would not be on anything credit report related and is not a normail question that i have ever been asked.
previous addresses
cars owned
eye color on DL
etc, but closest hospital?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by carsonheim
Mine showed up yesterday. Loaded 1K yesterday, 1K today. Used it at grocery store today for a $2.33 purchase. Will ramp up over the coming weeks. :-:
wow, big spender there. I just see that as a loss of 2 miles...Ill go hard and fast and probably get shut down
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by uneeq
Just got my card in the mail...they sent 2 of em. I managed to register both to different accounts.

It will be an extra 5k total... then you will be shut down
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:55 am

Meh

Mine came last week. Its still in the envelope. I'm not going to bother opening this one until the billpay is real.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Any recent shutdown reports? Got mine in the mail. Was going to do $1k a day till $4k or something then unload.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.