Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Warning: The T-M website contains an apparent Bill Pay function. Attempting to use it to pay credit card bills, or probably any significant $ amount bills of any sort, will get your account frozen. Ditto large scale ATM or MO withdrawals. The one method of unloading likely to keep you under the radar is small scale WM BP. Also likely to get you shut down, according to consensus reports, is running much more than $5K a month thru your account. You ignore this advice at your own risk.

SUMMARY

1. FAQ's
2. Free to use for TMo customers.
3. Issued by Bancorp
4. Load at T-mobile store (Registers are HARD CODED not to accept anything other than cash.)
5. or Reloadit, (find a grocery store that sold reloadit cards with a cc)

List Stores hard coded for cash or Credit Card accepted
T-Mobile (cash only)
Home Depot (cash only, hard coded)
Harris Teeter - Bought with CC on 2/16/14, hard coded denied CC on 5 APR 2014
Winn-Dixie - Hard coded for cash (debit may work, untested) as of Oct-2015
Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC)
Giant Eagle/GetGo (Cash, Debit including VGC )
Safeways/Vons/Pavilions in California - most only Cash
Food Lion - Manager override now required. Many stores cash or bank debit only, but registers are not hard coded.
Save-A-Lot: Hard coded cash only
BigY: At least some stores have gone cash only as of 1/8
Acme in PA: Hard-coded cash only (Source)

Note on ReloadIt Cards
These come in two main flavors, up to $500, and up to $950 (there are ones that go up to $50, too). Both are $3.95 load fee. The older grey cards, have CASH ONLY on them. Even if the cash register is coded to accept it, many cashiers will be hesitant to even try, or get shut down by manager.
The maximum value reload will be $2,500.00. There is no maximum number of times you may value reload your Card Account per day; however, the maximum dollar amount of value reloads you may make to your Card Account in one day is $2,500.00. We will accept direct deposits larger than $2,500.00, but any direct deposit value reloaded to your Card Account will count against the $2,500.00 daily limit.
Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee you paid.

In practice, a ReloadIt >= $300 loaded via the safe will receive credit for the fee. However, the terms formally state "Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit `Safe' are not eligible for any fee credit." so this is not guaranteed.

The Limits:
Daily limit: $2500 during a rolling 24 hour period
Monthly limit: ?
Annual Limit: ?
Max Bill Pay (per transaction): = $5000 (tested March 6th, can do 'at least' a second for the same amount to the same payee momment later).
Daily ATM limit: $500 (rolling 24 hr rather than calendar day)

Total monthly bill pay limit: ?
The maximum value of your Card Account is restricted to $10,000.00

T-Mobile Prepaid Customer Service Email: [email protected]

If you need to escalate to the FDIC, Bancorp's registered FDIC# is 35444.
If you want to try to open an FDIC complaint or investigation you can send one in electronically at
http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/DIRSInfoRequest.asp

Alternative FDIC link to file complaint
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

FAQ
  • My fee did not get refunded. Has there been a policy change? ReloadIt Fees are processed overnight and could take 24 hours after you reload the card. As of 9/2015, ReloadIt cards added to the safe prior to loading on T-Mobile will still get the $3.95 refunded.
  • What is a safe transaction amount? There is no definite safe or unsafe amount. However, starting the last week of Jul 2015, people have been reporting the account frozen after transactions larger than $1K.
  • Can I use the BP Feature? It works well for some people. Many have reported getting shutdown after using it. A few have reported having the payments lost. Like all MS activity, use at your own risk.
  • Should I mix in some regular spending to make it look like this is my primary card? If it makes you feel better, go for it. However people who do this still get shutdown.
  • I can't log in. Did I get shutdown? Possibly. But more likely the website is having technical issues. Call in, o try to make a swipe purchase and test it out.
  • If I pay my taxes with this card, will I get shutdown? Large purchase raise red flags. Taxes are no different and there are reports of people being shut down for doing this.
  • What is a T-Mobile wireless customer? A qualifying T-Mobile wireless customer can be either a postpaid or prepaid customer. Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24790705-post3703.html
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:20 pm

From yesterday, when I tried to load the card with Reloadit card, there's an error message popped up:

"Your Reloadit Pack appears to be in a status that will not allow funds to be transferred. Please contact customer service 1 (888) 633-9434."

I would not like to call. So first want to check here if anyone meets the same issue before ? Any solution ? Or I need to wait for longer time before using the reload ?

Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Since you are reading the Wiki, I suggest you go back and read the very top, specifically #4 and #5.
I know I can load using cash and/or ReloadIt.
I did read 3 times wiki, but there is no info about Mejer store in #4 and #5
Here is from WiKi ( Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC) ). I was asking if there any information I can give to CS to make this transaction. They had no clue about tmo card.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by dyst0pia
The wiki lists stores at which you can buy Reloadit cards. I believe you can load directly only at T-Mobile stores (cash only).
Thanks for explanation. wiki confused me. I thought it is a list of stores where you can load a card.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by serge28
Thanks for explanation. wiki confused me. I thought it is a list of stores where you can load a card.
Glad you figured it out.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by newdoct
From yesterday, when I tried to load the card with Reloadit card, there's an error message popped up:

"Your Reloadit Pack appears to be in a status that will not allow funds to be transferred. Please contact customer service 1 (888) 633-9434."

I would not like to call. So first want to check here if anyone meets the same issue before ? Any solution ? Or I need to wait for longer time before using the reload ?

Thanks.
Weird!!! never seen that before.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Weird!!! never seen that before.
yes, that is weird. Normally my error message is either reaching the maximum for that 24hour period, or the fund is not ready (just need to wait a few more minutes).

But this time, the message is different. However, I tried to load one to my Netspend card, and it works. Will try later today on reload website instead of tmobile site.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:04 pm

Thanks.
I had that message before when loading accountnow. I did call and they told me the reloadit hasn't been applied. I looked at my accountnow, and it funds were in there.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I had that message before when loading accountnow. I did call and they told me the reloadit hasn't been applied. I looked at my accountnow, and it funds were in there.
tried to load on reloadit site, not working. The message shows unsuccessful.

"Your prepaid card load was not successful because the prepaid card has been blocked. Please call the customer service number on the back of the prepaid card for more details."

Might be due to BP. funds not transferred.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:49 am

"Your prepaid card load was not successful because the prepaid card has been blocked. Please call the customer service number on the back of the prepaid card for more details."

You can verify if your T-mo card is blocked when you call the phone number and it asks you to "enter last 4 digits of your phone number". If you don't get your balance of your card after entering your phone last 4 digits of your phone number your card is blocked. It will say "Invalid entry" and ask you to re-enter your T-mo card information. I have been blocked before and know what to look for and I asked the T-Mo CSR once before and the CSR reiterated about you can tell if you are blocked if you can't hear your balance after entering your phone number.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
You can verify if your T-mo card is blocked when you call the phone number and it asks you to "enter last 4 digits of your phone number". If you don't get your balance of your card after entering your phone last 4 digits of your phone number your card is blocked. It will say "Invalid entry" and ask you to re-enter your T-mo card information. I have been blocked before and know what to look for and I asked the T-Mo CSR once before and the CSR reiterated about you can tell if you are blocked if you can't hear your balance after entering your phone number.
For me, when I called, after I entered my information, instead of giving me my balance, it immediately transferred me to the CSR.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:45 am

pretty sure i have seen the same before. the reloadit is ok, your tmob is blocked.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:48 am

For me, when I called, after I entered my information, instead of giving me my balance, it immediately transferred me to the CSR.
It does automatically transfer you to CSR if you fail to enter all your correct information after two attempts but the trigger is the phone number since it doesn't complain when you enter your T-mo card number, card expiration date or your zip code.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:19 am

Dittos. This happened 3 times to me, after entering card # and expiration date, it said please hold for representative.
You can also tell by trying to log in online if you get message 'experiencing difficulties...' that means account is blocked. This also happened all 3 times I was blocked.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:49 am

Thank you. That is very helpful. I wish I saw it earlier before I made the call.

I called the number showed in the error message ( I really should check the post first). The number is from Reloadit, and the lady who answered my phone after the automatic recording told me she could help to remove the block. With some personal info, she issued me a ticket number, and said it will take 1-2 business days to get unblocked.

Hopefully, it will not bring sb. too much attention on my account. Keep finger crossed.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:41 pm

Thank you. That is very helpful. I wish I saw it earlier before I made the call.

I called the number showed in the error message ( I really should check the post first). The number is from Reloadit, and the lady who answered my phone after the automatic recording told me she could help to remove the block. With some personal info, she issued me a ticket number, and said it will take 1-2 business days to get unblocked.

Hopefully, it will not bring sb. too much attention on my account. Keep finger crossed.
Not sure why you are calling Reloadit concerning this issue. It sounds like the issue is with Tmobile. You should be calling the Tmobile CSR to ask them to issue you a ticket so that the risk dept can contact you. Reloadit CSR's can't do anything to remove the block that is preventing you from loading to your Tmo card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.