Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

$25 credit on $100 spend @ Staples, AmEx Sync

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$25 credit on $100 spend @ Staples, AmEx Sync

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by mooper
Sorry, I meant $15 off $150. Try this link (RetailMeNot), lmk if it works. Once per account, but you just need lots of accounts
Just snagged on and had it applied to a 200 VGC... No offer email...
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:56 am
kd_

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Just did the same and the email showed up for me. FWIW, I used a Shell offer the other day and never got an email about it but the credit still showed up online.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:59 am
kd_

Sorry, I meant $15 off $150. Try this link (RetailMeNot), lmk if it works. Once per account, but you just need lots of accounts
Coupon worked great for me. Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:47 am

can you just checkout as a guest repeatedly?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by bar19900
can you just checkout as a guest repeatedly?
I have multiple accounts so just used them to make it easier with info entry, but I had the same thought as you. It might. Try and see and report back!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
How long did you wait? The offer email came for me anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour later. However, to get an offer confirmation email at all, you must have your Amex settings instructing for it to come. Some people forget to tweak them. Also check Spam folder. Was your total charged about over $100? You can't just get a $100 VGC - $15 Q because that will leave the charge too low to generate the credit. If worried, log into Amex and see your pending charges. As long as $100+ is showing from Staples, it should post fine within a couple days. Let us know how it goes, good luck!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:04 am

How long did you wait? The offer email came for me anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour later. However, to get an offer confirmation email at all, you must have your Amex settings instructing for it to come. Some people forget to tweak them. Also check Spam folder. Was your total charged about over $100? You can't just get a $100 VGC - $15 Q because that will leave the charge too low to generate the credit. If worried, log into Amex and see your pending charges. As long as $100+ is showing from Staples, it should post fine within a couple days. Let us know how it goes, good luck!
I already did my amex "offers"....I was inking these.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
So, if I have this offer on two AMEX cards, is my best option to just get two $100 VGCs in separate transactions?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by kd_
Coupon worked great for me. Thanks!
No luck for me...
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just got the $25 credit buying $100 Target E-GC. No point is spending the $6.95 for $100 VCG I figure. Now to do the same on my Wife's Amex.....
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
If you see the offer on one card in an account, don't click "Save" immediately. First check to see if the offer appears for any other cards with the same login. Once you "Save" to one card, it will disappear from others with the same login. The way around this is to use multiple tabs or browsers to load the offer for each card separately, then click "Save for each. I detail this in FAQ point 3A of the Amex Sync Master Thread I maintain on SD.
+1. I was able to get the offer on all of my cards (7 cards across 4 logins):
Personal login (me) - OBC, SPG, MB Platinum
Wife: OBC & PRG
Business 1: SPG
Business 2: Business Gold Card
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:56 am

Using the link someone provided above (15 off 150 - not amex sync) , my order went through fine. my "wife account" order went through but don't see it later in her order history. now just received a call from Staples saying that my order cancelled because coupon is not valid for this gift card. just fyi guys

link: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/staples.com?c=6569529
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by Arch Devil
Using the link someone provided above (15 off 150 - not amex sync) , my order went through fine. my "wife account" order went through but don't see it later in her order history. now just received a call from Staples saying that my order cancelled because coupon is not valid for this gift card. just fyi guys

link: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/staples.com?c=6569529
It was expected. Waiting for a phone call...

Last edited by Kpoxa; Jan 12, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by kd_
Just did the same and the email showed up for me. FWIW, I used a Shell offer the other day and never got an email about it but the credit still showed up online.
Yeah I do alot of the amex offers and the e-mails showed up for all..

except the $5 of $30+ at Shell. And yes I got the credit a few days later.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Just catching up on this one - it looks like no one had issues, nor Amex had a change of heart, for getting $25 buying $100 GV online? Did anyone see teh $25 credit yet?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.