Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

$25 credit on $100 spend @ Staples, AmEx Sync

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$25 credit on $100 spend @ Staples, AmEx Sync

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by concordian
Didn't get this time, looks like they give everyone one opportunity.
Some people who got in on the offer last deal also saw the offer pop up this time but yes, in general it does seem like if you participated last time, you are less likely to get the offer this time.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:48 pm

only got the deal on my prg, bought 2 $50 shell gcs, got this email from amex later:

Thank you for using your enrolled American Express® Card ending in
XXXXX at STAPLES.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:18 pm

Bought 3x$100 VGC on Plat, BCP and HHonor, got "thank for using the enrolled card" emails.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:55 am

any idea what gc at staples load onto BB? i saw a $100 visa issues by metabank. will that work?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Just signed up for this. It's only letting me register one card for it.
Originally Posted by overholtm
Same here 7 Amex cards, between the Mrs. and I. Only have the offer on 1.
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Got it for my Hilton AmEx but not the Hilton Surpass.
If you see the offer on one card in an account, don't click "Save" immediately. First check to see if the offer appears for any other cards with the same login. Once you "Save" to one card, it will disappear from others with the same login. The way around this is to use multiple tabs or browsers to load the offer for each card separately, then click "Save for each. I detail this in FAQ point 3A of the Amex Sync Master Thread I maintain on SD.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:20 am

Nothing here, but thanks for the wiki below. Very helpful. ^

Originally Posted by mooper
If you see the offer on one card in an account, don't click "Save" immediately. First check to see if the offer appears for any other cards with the same login. Once you "Save" to one card, it will disappear from others with the same login. The way around this is to use multiple tabs or browsers to load the offer for each card separately, then click "Save for each. I detail this in FAQ point 3A of the Amex Sync Master Thread I maintain on SD.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
Where are you seeing this? I looked on my android phone app and my ipad app but don't see anything about the sync offers? Didn't see anything on foursquare either.

Edit: nevermind... neither android or ipad have been updated to search sync offers. Downloaded the iphone app on my ipad and was able to search the map, but it still didn't find the Staples offer. All it could find was the Godiva deal.
I'm a newb to Foursquare and I can't see the Staples offer there either. I tried commenting at the closest Staples store, but still no offer.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by FullMoonMadness
I'm a newb to Foursquare and I can't see the Staples offer there either.
I think this deal was from last year, people are now getting their bonuses.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by cuebert
I think this deal was from last year, people are now getting their bonuses.
The deal is current, I just don't see it in Foursquare. I wasn't sure if I couldn't find it because it wasn't being offered to me, or I just didn't know how to search Foursquare. After more tinkering with the app, I can see other current offers (Panera Bread, Godiva, etc.), but not the Staples deal.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold
2nd time I am not getting this on any AMEX cards... someone doesn't like me
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by alik99
2nd time I am not getting this on any AMEX cards... someone doesn't like me
I'm not sure we've ruled out that LOTS of people don't like you.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
My husband and I had this offer on 6 of our 7 cards. Note that it is for online only and excludes physical gift cards - this is different than the offer posted at the start of this thread in #1 which says its good for in store or online and says physical gift cards are eligible. Make sure you pay attention to which offer you have (although bloggers have reported using the online offer to buy a $200 VGC and getting the "thank you" email from AmEx).

Offer valid online only at staples.com. In-store and phone transactions are excluded. Physical and electronic gift card purchases are not included. Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples Simplexity and international purchases are excluded from the offer. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 2/7/15 it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 2/7/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BO6R:0001

I bought a $200 Visa gift card online and got the thank you message so hopefully I will get the credit!

Last edited by AtlantaAngel; Jan 10, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
There must be two different AmEx Sync offers. My husband and I had this offer on 6 of our 7 cards. Note that it is for online only and excludes physical gift cards - this is different than the offer posted at the start of this thread in #1 which says its good for in store or online and says physical gift cards are eligible. Make sure you pay attention to which offer you have (although bloggers have reported using the online offer to buy a $200 VGC and getting the "thank you" email from AmEx).POID: BO6R:0001
I was 8 for 8 on getting the offer for online-only, excludes gift cards. Did a test order last night of VGC, but no thank you email or indication that I'll get credited, alas.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
There must be two different AmEx Sync offers. My husband and I had this offer on 6 of our 7 cards. Note that it is for online only and excludes physical gift cards - this is different than the offer posted at the start of this thread in #1 which says its good for in store or online and says physical gift cards are eligible. Make sure you pay attention to which offer you have (although bloggers have reported using the online offer to buy a $200 VGC and getting the "thank you" email from AmEx).

Offer valid online only at staples.com. In-store and phone transactions are excluded. Physical and electronic gift card purchases are not included. Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples Simplexity and international purchases are excluded from the offer. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 2/7/15 it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 2/7/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BO6R:0001
That's the offer I got on two of my cards. I bought a $200 VGC on each of the cards and got two emails. Unless they are going to retroactively redact the credit, I think that worked.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by fungusamungus
That's the offer I got on two of my cards. I bought a $200 VGC on each of the cards and got two emails. Unless they are going to retroactively redact the credit, I think that worked.
Same for me. Two of my Amex cards. Got two confirmation emails. Crossing fingers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.