Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

$25 credit on $100 spend @ Staples, AmEx Sync

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Aadvantage/Dividend, RapidRewards, Hilton Gold, SPG, Hyatt
Current Amex Offer

This thread appears to have been started last year. I don't know about that one, but I can confirm the current $25 Staples offer sends a confirmation email. (sadly, I only had the offer on one card). I purchased the $100 Visa card.

For those who use Southwest, there is a $100 SW card that costs just 1.99. If you use a cashback site, this is basically free, even without the deal.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
There must be two different AmEx Sync offers...
No, you are responding to a year-old thread. The January 2014 offer is not the same as the current (January 2015) offer. The current one is, as you mention, online only.

Originally Posted by Linda368
This thread appears to have been started last year. I don't know about that one, but I can confirm the current $25 Staples offer sends a confirmation email. (sadly, I only had the offer on one card). I purchased the $100 Visa card.

For those who use Southwest, there is a $100 SW card that costs just 1.99. If you use a cashback site, this is basically free, even without the deal.
Let us know if the statement credit actually posts (they usually do if you get the email). T&S specifically excludes all GCs this time--

Physical and electronic gift card purchases are not included
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by voodoomonkey
I was 8 for 8 on getting the offer for online-only, excludes gift cards. Did a test order last night of VGC, but no thank you email or indication that I'll get credited, alas.
Have the pending showed as $$$ yet? Or just a $1 test? Need the required amount being in Pending before an email would be triggered.

I did a $200 test just now, pending is only $1 so would not know until the purchase cost pending shows up.

UPDATE:

Spoke too soon. Just got the Congrats email and $$$ shows up in pending.

Should work.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: Aadvantage/Dividend, RapidRewards, Hilton Gold, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by labboypro
Let us know if the statement credit actually posts (they usually do if you get the email). T&S specifically excludes all GCs this time--
Will do.

Last edited by Linda368; Jan 10, 2015 at 9:42 pm
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450
only got the deal on my prg, bought 2 $50 shell gcs, got this email from amex later:

Thank you for using your enrolled American Express® Card ending in
XXXXX at STAPLES.
I don't see Shell GCs online for Staples...what am I missing?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Have the pending showed as $$$ yet? Or just a $1 test? Need the required amount being in Pending before an email would be triggered.

I did a $200 test just now, pending is only $1 so would not know until the purchase cost pending shows up.

UPDATE:

Spoke too soon. Just got the Congrats email and $$$ shows up in pending.

Should work.
Data Point: Works as of 9pm EST. Got the offer in both SPG and everyday Amex preferred card. Got confirmation emails.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:47 pm

Saved the deals to 4 Amex cards. Bought 4X 100 gift cards and got the "Congrats! You just used your Amex Offer‏" on three of them... but used the wrong card (authorized user instead of mine) and missed the bonus. I'll try again later, then see if I can get it again on another day.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:35 am

Had the offer on one Amex and used it to buy 3 $200 VGC. Got email. Will see what happens.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by kst78
Saved the deals to 4 Amex cards. Bought 4X 100 gift cards and got the "Congrats! You just used your Amex Offer‏" on three of them... but used the wrong card (authorized user instead of mine) and missed the bonus. I'll try again later, then see if I can get it again on another day.
Please explain as I got an offer as an AU and also my wife got an offer on her primary card. Should not I be able to use both offers?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kst78
Originally Posted by touristtrap
Please explain as I got an offer as an AU and also my wife got an offer on her primary card. Should not I be able to use both offers?
I believe what kst78 meant was he used the AU card that does NOT have the offer - he discovered that when there was no email confirmation came. (this happened to me last Dec on the $25/$250 Best Buy offer). So he would buy it again with the right card (the primary card that got the offer.)

If you save the offer to each the primary and the AU card, using each card to buy, each card would get the offer. The offer MUST BE SAVED under EACH card.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:14 pm

Happy, yes thanks for the clarification. One Amx account is only accessed with a single user and password for myself and authorized user card..I did not open browser correctly to save deal to other card so I could not save deal to other card...however I was able to get 4 out of 5. Is there a chance I can get bonuses again if I make purchase again with card or is it a single use deal?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:43 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

interested to see if others have successfully gotten credit for GCs despite the terms and conditions restrictions.

Visa GC is $6 so not a huge risk. Target GC us available for no fee so I may just do that.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
interested to see if others have successfully gotten credit for GCs despite the terms and conditions restrictions.

Visa GC is $6 so not a huge risk. Target GC us available for no fee so I may just do that.
Yes, a dozen of them. And stacked $20 Staples Qs on top, so roughly $38 profit per transaction.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by mooper
Yes, a dozen of them. And stacked $20 Staples Qs on top, so roughly $38 profit per transaction.
Where'd ya find the $20 Q's
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Where'd ya find the $20 Q's
Sorry, I meant $15 off $150. Try this link (RetailMeNot), lmk if it works. Once per account, but you just need lots of accounts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.