Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by xoxx
How are you getting wells fargo accepted?
Payee "Wells Fargo Home Mortgage" and my account # is being accepted. Earlier I used to get an error stating it was not a known account.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:42 am

just fyi there is a virgin atlatin card that can be paid on evolve pay
what did you search, I can't find that!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by vah4883
what did you search, I can't find that!
there is also an "American Airlines" ..did a search for "Airlines"
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:04 pm

just fyi there is a virgin atlatin card that can be paid on evolve pay
did you try it?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:16 am

Is PayPal prepaid Mastercard accepted?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by fei3030
Is PayPal prepaid Mastercard accepted?
Yes. Have used it and it worked.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:09 pm

Has anyone successfully paid a Banana Republic and/or another Gap, Inc. card? I've been attempting to enter my account number but receive a message indicating that it is invalid.

Any thoughts?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:04 pm

I sent $20 to both Wellsfargo auto and wellsfargo home mortgage.
Both listed as "Sent" with a green check mark, but still nothing in my wells checking account.
Maybe I just donated $40 to WF
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I sent $20 to both Wellsfargo auto and wellsfargo home mortgage.
Both listed as "Sent" with a green check mark, but still nothing in my wells checking account.
Maybe I just donated $40 to WF
When did you send it? It takes a few days normally to post.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by MillenniumFlyer
Has anyone successfully paid a Banana Republic and/or another Gap, Inc. card? I've been attempting to enter my account number but receive a message indicating that it is invalid.

Any thoughts?
Yes, paid my BR card. It was not "Banana Republic," but rather "Gap Old Navy Banana Republic Dual Card."

Just search for Banana, it's the second choice.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:19 pm

The LOC options appear to have been pulled today. I used them at lunch, but they now appear as red box and no longer available. It was good while it lasted. I blame that blogger dude. On to the next one.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by thewire76
The LOC options appear to have been pulled today. I used them at lunch, but they now appear as red box and no longer available. It was good while it lasted. I blame that blogger dude. On to the next one.
what was LOC?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
what was LOC?
Line of credit.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
i've successfully been able to pay my mortgage through Green Tree Servicing.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skibum85
I tried to put my auto loan information in for USAA Insurance "Express" and it didn't work but it did accept my checking account #. I sent a test payment of $5 tonight, and I assume that it will need to be re-routed internally. I'll let you know how long that takes.
I successfully paid my USAA auto/homeowner insurance policy with Evolve by entering my USAA number.

Originally Posted by cashback
Got the suspension call today. Was told to fax in my DL, copy of card(s) used and statement of biller I was paying. They said the pending payments would process, but I was not allowed to make any more payments until this process is over (if they allow me). I'm assuming they will block the account numbers I have used to prevent me from paying as guest.

They probably wont be too happy seeing all the GCs used. Keep track of what GCs you used for Evolve! Ill be busy scanning and faxing tonight!

I made aobut 30 payments so far. Most $500, most GCs. I think they don't like all the different card numbers being used.
What would be their problem with using gift cards? I got a stack of $100 gift cards from that recent OD program. I thought I'd use Evolve to get rid of them, instead of using my monthly Amazon Payments "allotment."

BTW, I sent $100 yesterday to USAA and it went through fine. Today, I sent another $100, and it was accepted. But then I tried to send another $100 to USAA and it failed. Are you only allowed to pay a merchant once per day?

Out of curiosity, once the payment makes its way to your merchant, why would you have to save the GC? I do anyway -- I have a nice bagful of GCs and VRs -- but it's not like Evolve could somehow claw the money back, right? And for what reason? I mean, these are 100% legitimate payments. I don't see what we could possibly be doing that would be wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.