Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Reloads!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:32 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I've loaded 4 RIs to serve and have had no issue. I haven't checked which they are and had no idea there were 2 different types.
do you still have the RL pak? can you check the back and let us know which one it was that loaded to Serve?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:45 am

I thought I clicked the Vanilla Reload thread... Guess I was mistaken
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:01 am

If I were to find a supply, how long might they be around, ex are stores purchasing more, is VR actively distributing new cards?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by fishll
If I were to find a supply, how long might they be around, ex are stores purchasing more, is VR actively distributing new cards?
Mine is and has
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by FTRox87
do you still have the RL pak? can you check the back and let us know which one it was that loaded to Serve?

all of them are blackhawk
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
all of them are blackhawk
vanilla reloads? i'm confused...what thread is this?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:35 pm

Had some business in a town ~ 30 miles away from where I live and saw a Valero on my way home. Figured I needed some gas anyway and lo & behold - found some VR just hanging out on the rack. Took 2 up to the register and (new but nice) cashier had to get manager to do the sale. She asked how much each and I told her, she turned her back to do something else and he asked me "credit or debit" - I said credit - he punched on his end - I swiped - and the transaction had barely finished when the manager nearly jumped over the counter shouting "those are cash only now".

She then proceeded to tell me that she needed to process a refund but the register kept refusing to do it. I informed her that it was probably cuz you can't refund these types of cards, i.e. both the sale and refund were hard coded into the register. After about 20 minutes of trying to contact her supervisor she gave up and said she'd have to try tomorrow. Said they had some memo come down a few months ago about cash only for reload cards... Obviously could have gone through fine since register wasn't hard coded and it was a rush to be oh so close to getting my grubby hands on a VR again!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by neworleans flyer
Had some business in a town ~ 30 miles away from where I live and saw a Valero on my way home. Figured I needed some gas anyway and lo & behold - found some VR just hanging out on the rack. Took 2 up to the register and (new but nice) cashier had to get manager to do the sale. She asked how much each and I told her, she turned her back to do something else and he asked me "credit or debit" - I said credit - he punched on his end - I swiped - and the transaction had barely finished when the manager nearly jumped over the counter shouting "those are cash only now".

She then proceeded to tell me that she needed to process a refund but the register kept refusing to do it. I informed her that it was probably cuz you can't refund these types of cards, i.e. both the sale and refund were hard coded into the register. After about 20 minutes of trying to contact her supervisor she gave up and said she'd have to try tomorrow. Said they had some memo come down a few months ago about cash only for reload cards... Obviously could have gone through fine since register wasn't hard coded and it was a rush to be oh so close to getting my grubby hands on a VR again!
As far as I know this is the case at all Valeros. Some stores simply don't know or don't care about the policy. Since the VR is actually loaded on a separate terminal I don't think they could hard code it to cash only even if they want to. They load the VR and then ring up a transaction on the register for the same amount plus the load fee at the Valero's I've been to.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:59 pm

FYI - in case anyone is still using these

ATLANTA, Oct. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- InComm, a leading provider of integrated point-of-sale (POS) technology solutions to retailers, announced plans to add over 15,000 more swipe reload locations to its Vanilla Reload network, an innovative platform that both enhances consumer protections and greatly simplifies the reload process for consumers, participating general purpose reloadable (GPR) program managers and retailers.

InComm has expanded its swipe reload reach in the past year in an effort to facilitate a streamlined and simple customer experience at point-of-sale, allowing GPR cardholders to easily add cash to their accounts. InComm's swipe reload technology empowers GPR customers with the ability to directly reload their cards with a simple swipe at the register, thus eliminating the need for the multi-step process of purchase and subsequent redemption of a separate reload pack. By using the GPR card as a part of this direct reload process, InComm's swipe reload program eliminates opportunities for fraud and scam artists to take advantage of unsuspecting customers through the use of reload packs. As part of this effort, the company will remove reload packs from all retail stores by March 31, 2015.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12927...locations.html

Last edited by bdtorp; Oct 24, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:45 pm

Deleted
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:13 pm

I was told $1900 VR limit a day, bought 3 VRs. Anyone heard of this limit?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by WoodenRobot
I was told $1900 VR limit a day, bought 3 VRs. Anyone heard of this limit?
Where did you buy them?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Was able to buy one early January at VCS, again with the limited icons featured on front with a separate UPC. That was the secret to my grateful success last fall/summer. Oh, how I wish a few more would be found somewhere in their storage room with the impetus to "move 'em out". Qualified the 5% DS CB for the future when the statement cycles end of month.

Meanwhile, at CVS, I tested a purchase swipe and the register gave a message to the cashier that it couldn't be processed as a purchase. That one had many icons on the front, but it didn't matter because the sponsor bank corp. has streamlined to a different process of reload. Understand this is already well known.

Last edited by jan_believes; Jan 27, 2015 at 10:25 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:22 am

Check local gas stations listed on vanillareloaddotcom.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by WoodenRobot
Check local gas stations listed on vanillareloaddotcom.
Thanks. I guess the site is down as of now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.