Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts in 2017 onwards are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826121-visa-gc-walmart-2017-a.html

Tips in Reading Your Walmart Receipt to Prevent Errors

1. Locate the barcode on the back of the Sunnie; this is what Wally uses to load it; somehow their system links the barcode with the account number in the background. The barcode number is what goes on your receipt.
2. Find the "loading" of the Sunnie at the BOTTOM of your receipt. (NOT the top)
3. The last four numbers of the barcode will be shown; that is how you match it to the Sunnie.

What Happens if a Clerk Attempts to Load 1 Sunnie Twice

It will tie up your CC money for 5-8 business days. It will automatically credit back at that time.

Misc. Issues

1. Reports indicate that some stores only accept cash/debit for GC. This doesn't appear to be the case in every store so YMMV.

2. In the same store (or during multiple transactions) misinformed CSRs may tell you "no credit cards." Try a different CSR, or go back.

3. If you receive a "tender not allowed" message or the first swipe didn't work, ask to try it again but don't argue the point. (For some reason, pin-enabled cards fail or take several attempts before they work.)

4. Remember: if your card didn't work and the CSR insists on seeing it or says "no CC allowed" it's best to try a different CSR, lane, or store.
Print Wikipost

Visa GC/ Walmart(through 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
It is essential that you get the YES before attempting insertion.
Originally Posted by vagrants
The terminal freezes at the confirmation of amount stage (so yes to before swiping/inserting). Never clicked No, so I don't know if that prevents the freezing.
Thanks guys.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:25 pm

I just stopped by at a WMNM. At this WMNM, there was no single issue...no freezing after confirming the amount of $500. Got myself a new black GD "VISA Prepaid Card" I've never seen before. At another WMNM, after inserting the chip card, transactions just didn't go through at all about 2 weeks ago. I tried inserting & removing 5x.

I'm thinking to hit a Super WM I haven't used since the freezing problem started appear on other 3x Super WM locations.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:26 pm

So I just stopped at a super WM. Used regular checkout in the front since there was nobody at the electronics dept (waited 4-5 min just to find a cashier).

The terminal got froze after clicking Yes. I told the cashier it got froze & told her I'm resetting the terminal. Then she started argue with credit or debit while the terminal was rebooting (I bought VISA GC with a CC before with this cashier...WTH, lol). Right after the reset, she came to the terminal & see what's going on. She pushed a button on her end & transaction went no problem with Discover IT. So far, only Super WMs are affected looks like. Rebooting was like 30 sec instead of a min or 2, BTW.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by vagrants
So I just stopped at a super WM. Used regular checkout in the front since there was nobody at the electronics dept (waited 4-5 min just to find a cashier).

The terminal got froze after clicking Yes. I told the cashier it got froze & told her I'm resetting the terminal. Then she started argue with credit or debit while the terminal was rebooting (I bought VISA GC with a CC before with this cashier...WTH, lol). Right after the reset, she came to the terminal & see what's going on. She pushed a button on her end & transaction went no problem with Discover IT. So far, only Super WMs are affected looks like. Rebooting was like 30 sec instead of a min or 2, BTW.
I am consistently getting freezing problem at my super Walmart which is classified as "DISCOUNT STORES / WAREHOUSE / WHOLESALE" on Visa network. I have not tried any other Walmart.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
It is essential that you get the YES before attempting insertion.
This is universally true.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:42 pm

I have my WF still live and 3 Go bank cards which haven't given me much hassle upto this point. It is the WM terminal freezing which is bogging me down. Hate to really go to WM as you can't buy much anyway when terminal freezes every time. The rebooting works but takes long time just to buy one VGC.

Even when terminal wasn't freezing it was a pain, not it's even quadrupled.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Gitangali
I have my WF still live and 3 Go bank cards which haven't given me much hassle upto this point. It is the WM terminal freezing which is bogging me down. Hate to really go to WM as you can't buy much anyway when terminal freezes every time. The rebooting works but takes long time just to buy one VGC.

Even when terminal wasn't freezing it was a pain, not it's even quadrupled.
How do you reboot or does the clerk have to do it?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:21 pm

Another WM, another freeze...just go to WMNH I guess.

Originally Posted by Adirondacker
How do you reboot or does the clerk have to do it?
Cashier can cancel the transaction with the key turned by a manager or you have to press two buttons simultaneously. It takes like 30 sec to reboot. After the reboot, cashier has to hit total button(?) to get out of the WM banner screen. Which buttons to reboot? Google it. It'll be on your pg 1 result if you use right key words.

P.S. Chip never fails after reboot.

Last edited by vagrants; Jun 10, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had three freezes at the amount verification screen on three terminals in one WM over the weekend. The cashiers tried all sorts of things and eventually it came back, but I suspect it wasn't the things they tried, which appeared unsuccessful, but rather simply a time elapse. The timing before it started working again was roughly the same for each incident.

Other WMs haven't had this problem. I can't decide whether it's software or hardware -- this WM has newer terminals. I'll just buy at the other WMs.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:03 am

I purchased cards at two WMs Friday night and had no problem. The first WM cashier was even able to add all four cards to one transaction. I used a non-chip card.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by diseased
I purchased cards at two WMs Friday night and had no problem. The first WM cashier was even able to add all four cards to one transaction. I used a non-chip card.
vGCs? All in a single transaction? I've never seen that before. I've never been able to buy a single vGC and a pack of gum.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
vGCs? All in a single transaction? I've never seen that before. I've never been able to buy a single vGC and a pack of gum.
Yes. It has happened twice at two WMs. Oddly enough it wouldn't work at the same WM's on different registers.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Superorb
I can confirm last week I accidentally discovered my one go-to WM could do multiple cards on one receipt. I got 6 of them but could have done more. Too bad my WF 5x got killed off LOL, this would have been a welcome improvement in efficiency.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
Yes. It has happened twice at two WMs. Oddly enough it wouldn't work at the same WM's on different registers.
Thanks for confirming.
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I can confirm last week I accidentally discovered my one go-to WM could do multiple cards on one receipt. I got 6 of them but could have done more. Too bad my WF 5x got killed off LOL, this would have been a welcome improvement in efficiency.
Yeah it would have, too bad I never jumped on the WF 5% bandwagon
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:01 am

I read few pages, but couldn't identify the single most used way of cashing the Sunnie. Do you all still have Serve and BB? I can't believe that all of you would simply buy MO all the time... Please, help, I desperately need to spend 2K in a week. I am definitely not your typical wholesale MSer. Just need to finish my spend on airline CC.

Thanks!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.