Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kxc262
Data point - I was able to feed my bird with Kate (484718) Happy Holiday card from slurpee store.
+1 just turned two #18 holiday cards from -4 into a MO today!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:11 pm

cannot load vanilla gift card

I purchased a $500 Vanilla Visa Gift card. The first 6 digits of the card are 484735. It does not have a pin and there is no info on the card about a pin. I took it to 3 different Walmart stores to try to load it onto my bluebird account. Only one store had a kiosk and it was not working. At all three stores the customer service people told me I could not load the card onto my Bluebird account. I tried to create a pin by purchasing something for a dollar, but that did not work. Any thoughts on how to load it onto my bluebird account? Larry.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
I figured out my issue and deleted my post. Mine was operator error

Last edited by envgeo; Feb 11, 2014 at 10:57 am
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by Larry888
I purchased a $500 Vanilla Visa Gift card. The first 6 digits of the card are 484735. It does not have a pin and there is no info on the card about a pin. I took it to 3 different Walmart stores to try to load it onto my bluebird account. Only one store had a kiosk and it was not working. At all three stores the customer service people told me I could not load the card onto my Bluebird account. I tried to create a pin by purchasing something for a dollar, but that did not work. Any thoughts on how to load it onto my bluebird account? Larry.
Hi,

First of all, welcome to FlyerTalk.

The question you seek is going to depend in the issuer of your card. Check the wiki post of this very useful thread for info on setting a pin: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...bit-cards.html

I looked up the BIN you provided and it looks to be a Vanilla Visa. I can't be sure though so I recommend you confirm by checking the back of the card.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Larry888
Larry, agree with looking at the back of the card, then repost.

Long story is many pin eligible cards are not working. I cannot get US Bank MC to work for example....

Metabank is still golden.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by xoxx
So I tried to load first $100 mastercard, worked fine.
Second one, got a "debit not approved call authorizer"

And on the card it shows
"Walmart purchase" $100
"Walmart reversal" -$100

Why in the world would the first MC GC work but not the second one?
I got this error when I exceeded my BB daily load of $1K. The fact that WM was able to post a purchase means that the card was ok. It was BB that refused the transaction for some reason.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Went to the local Kiosk today to load some $200 VanillaVisa cards (484735, exp 6/22) and couldn't get them to work. They are brand new and still have the cleared PIN status. Got to the point of swiping the card and entering a PIN, but every time I entered the PIN the pad switched to a different screen asking to enter a PIN (this time with space for 9 digits). I tried the same PIN, different PINs, my bluebird PIN, but nothing worked. Happened with 3 of my cards before I stopped (I have 5 total to use). Anyone have this experience before? Will probably try again tomorrow.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by mgchan
Went to the local Kiosk today to load some $200 VanillaVisa cards (484735, exp 6/22) and couldn't get them to work. They are brand new and still have the cleared PIN status. Got to the point of swiping the card and entering a PIN, but every time I entered the PIN the pad switched to a different screen asking to enter a PIN (this time with space for 9 digits). I tried the same PIN, different PINs, my bluebird PIN, but nothing worked. Happened with 3 of my cards before I stopped (I have 5 total to use). Anyone have this experience before? Will probably try again tomorrow.
This is a known Kiosk issue. Your card is fine.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare
Do you have any more information about this issue? What kinds of cards cause this issue and why? Is there a workaround?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by chuckywang
Do you have any more information about this issue? What kinds of cards cause this issue and why? Is there a workaround?
Again, the issue is at the Kiosk, not the card.

You can find some discussions here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ys-broken.html

However, so far, there is no workaround (at least not that I know of).
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by godsquare
As a follow up i was able to load the cards on another kiosk at a different store. I did not try the first store again.

I'll have to go back through the "broken" thread again. I've seen them often out of order but this was my first experience getting as far as the PIN before failing.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:57 am

WM MoneyCenter Express

Did I read that one or more of you use the kiosk in White Plains NY? I went up to Catskill yesterday to use the kiosk and the money order feature was disabled. Can you confirm it it's working in White Plains? I don't want to drive 2 hours round trip for nothing.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by johnbl
Did I read that one or more of you use the kiosk in White Plains NY? I went up to Catskill yesterday to use the kiosk and the money order feature was disabled. Can you confirm it it's working in White Plains? I don't want to drive 2 hours round trip for nothing.
Can't speak for this particular WM, but every single one I have been to has recently disabled the MO feature. I think it's a company-wide AML procedure.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Just bought a vanilla GC 484735 8/21 and was reading this thread and getting mixed messages. I never fed the bird with Bancorp feed but seems like it will be a challenge. Can someone confirm that to feed the bird I swipe then put in the pin (1234) and it should go through?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Just bought a vanilla GC 484735 8/21 and was reading this thread and getting mixed messages. I never fed the bird with Bancorp feed but seems like it will be a challenge. Can someone confirm that to feed the bird I swipe then put in the pin (1234) and it should go through?
Yes. Just did it at my local WM (cashier, not kiosk) and worked fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.