Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by ljderm
If I have had a PIN issued from my Chase Freedom credit card, will a purchase of this card at WG count as a transaction for points? That is of course, if it goes thru.

If so, a $500 load will cost only 95 cents thru Feb 22 (with the $2 instore coupon).
Then cash out at an instore ATM at WG (says no charge for this).

Just wondering, so that when the 5% bonus includes drugstores this would be a good source for MS.

Any thoughts?
IF you're able to get a PIN transaction to work from your Chase Freedom, it will probably not earn points, and you've forgotten to include the cash advance fee and interest on the Freedom into the cost.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
recent OP, educate yourself. For your own benefit.

2. There will be no drugstore category for Freedom.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Originally Posted by mithrin
IF you're able to get a PIN transaction to work from your Chase Freedom, it will probably not earn points, and you've forgotten to include the cash advance fee and interest on the Freedom into the cost.

Very helpful, thanks. I have not ever used the Freedom debit feature, so was not aware of this fee. You saved me from some grave disappointment!!!!!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by ljderm
Very helpful, thanks. I have not ever used the Freedom debit feature, so was not aware of this fee. You saved me from some grave disappointment!!!!!
Do you understand how credit cards work? I'm not saying this to be a dick (though, admittedly, I am a dick), but you shouldn't be messing with this game if you don't understand the concept of a cash advance.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:27 pm

Anyone run into issues with ATM fees being charged inside a walgreens?

I've had transactions post with no fee earlier in the month now they are posting with a 2.95 fee at the same store.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja

Anyone use this yet for bill pay? If so are Amex and Visa listed?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by carsonheim
Anyone use this yet for bill pay? If so are Amex and Visa listed?
As a result of the recent ATM issue, I found the citi Ty preferred. Search for citi, there are a few options and you have to match the first 6 numbers. Did a test transaction can report back.

Also saw amex, didn't test yet.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
I had a $2.95 at a fee free atm too. argh.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:31 am

Two updates that I though were worth a post.

I had two phantom $2.95 charges post to my account for ATM use. I hadn't used an ATM in 2 days. I hadn't used an ATM that was counted as free in longer. I guess BF wanted to "claw-back" some ATM fees. I had a balance, not sure if it would put me negative if not.

In other, brighter news, bill pay to citibank arrived successfully and only costs .95. Cash is so dirty anyways.

Have not tested others.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:24 am

Per Walgreens circular for my area, these will be on sale for $1.00 from 3/9 to 3/29.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:20 pm

Has anyone tried a $1500 load using three $500 GCs?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Prepaid Visa at Walgreens

Was at my local Walgreens getting my fix of OV and saw a rack of Walgreens prepaid charge cards. There was a huge line at the register so I didn't get a chance to figure out what this is about. Does anybody know any details about this?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drminn
Was at my local Walgreens getting my fix of OV and saw a rack of Walgreens prepaid charge cards. There was a huge line at the register so I didn't get a chance to figure out what this is about. Does anybody know any details about this?
I looked them over last week, and although I don't remember the numbers, there were fees involved that made them unusable for MS.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:42 pm
Suspended

High risk of shutdown, huge pain in the ... to get your funds out after being shutdown
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:44 pm

This?

Looks like no loading with CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.