Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walgreens Balance Financial - New Method for MS?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by brettskyg
Ya see, I am not sure b/c my local Duane Reade (NYC pharmacy owned by Walgreens) told me Credit IS allowed on these, although I did not purchase it yet as I wanted to learn some more before.

The terms and conditions do say that you can do a bank counter withdrawal (cash advance) for $2,500 a day.

Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Ya see, I am not sure b/c my local Duane Reade (NYC pharmacy owned by Walgreens) told me Credit IS allowed on these, although I did not purchase it yet as I wanted to learn some more before.

The terms and conditions do say that you can do a bank counter withdrawal (cash advance) for $2,500 a day.

I'd love to be wrong of course. I know the Walgreens registers are hard-coded as Cash or PIN debit only after a not too bright cashier showed me all her register prompts. She apparently had never heard of PIN debit before. Maybe Duane Reades are different?

No need for a CA, ATM withdrawals are free in-store.

Last edited by LoneTree; Jan 12, 2014 at 10:59 am
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:33 am

Walgreens Sunday flyer effective for shopping 2-8 Feb says $2 coupon in store to yield 95c final purchase price. Discussion in this thread is mostly re (non-)similarity to BB.

But what about one-and-done for this card? Load 500 for 500.95 charge? Use CC? Set PIN without getting permanent card (without divulging SSN/other personal info)? Immediately go to WM and drain to BB?

Bueller?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Walgreens Sunday flyer effective for shopping 2-8 Feb says $2 coupon in store to yield 95c final purchase price. Discussion in this thread is mostly re (non-)similarity to BB.

But what about one-and-done for this card? Load 500 for 500.95 charge? Use CC? Set PIN without getting permanent card (without divulging SSN/other personal info)? Immediately go to WM and drain to BB?

Bueller?
As has been said in this thread before and what is printed directly on the card carrier..YOU CANT PURCHASE OR LOAD WITH A CREDIT CARD. (emphasis mine)
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:46 pm

Anyone else get their load limit reduced to $100?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dovi
Anyone else get their load limit reduced to $100?
Were you >24 hours from your last load? BF 'daily' loads do not reset on calendar days like BB.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:20 am

What are the thoughts on using this product as a replacement for MO's?

In theory, you could purchase $500 One Vanilla cards, got to DR, load a Balance reward card, with the One Vanilla, and then Cash Advance?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
What are the thoughts on using this product as a replacement for MO's?

In theory, you could purchase $500 One Vanilla cards, got to DR, load a Balance reward card, with the One Vanilla, and then Cash Advance?
$3 load
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by pier11
$3 load
Hypothetically, if one chose this method over driving 15 miles to a Walmart, the cost of the $3 load would be the equivalent of the cost of gasoline, not to mention WM parking avoidance.

How would one load this product and where?

Last edited by jan_believes; Feb 4, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by farwest101
Bancorp involvement means it is worthless for any serious MS.
Forgive my ignorance, but may I venture to ask why? Prior link available with answer, maybe? TIA!

Last edited by jan_believes; Feb 4, 2014 at 10:40 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by jan_believes
======================
Hypothetically, if one chose this method over driving 15 miles to a Walmart, the cost of the $3 load would be the equivalent of the gas of gasoline, not to mention WM parking avoidance.

How would one load this product and where?
At WG/DR cash register, I'd say.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by swintec
As has been said in this thread before and what is printed directly on the card carrier..YOU CANT PURCHASE OR LOAD WITH A CREDIT CARD. (emphasis mine)
Succinct, thank you!

Last edited by jan_believes; Feb 4, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by jan_believes
-------------------------
Forgive my ignorance, but may I venture to ask why? Prior link available with answer, maybe? TIA!
Learn to look around...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ffiliates.html
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by mithrin
Were you >24 hours from your last load? BF 'daily' loads do not reset on calendar days like BB.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't. Guess I'll have to try again.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
A Scenario

If I have had a PIN issued from my Chase Freedom credit card, will a purchase of this card at WG count as a transaction for points? That is of course, if it goes thru.

If so, a $500 load will cost only 95 cents thru Feb 22 (with the $2 instore coupon).
Then cash out at an instore ATM at WG (says no charge for this).

Just wondering, so that when the 5% bonus includes drugstores this would be a good source for MS.

Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.