FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1495260-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases.html)

AAmlgm8r Feb 5, 2014 10:09 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude (Post 22291050)
Yes. Using this as more of an all-purpose S&S thread. I didn't see it in my flyer either, but Prokopon apparently has it in his.

Thanks! Still waiting to see whether this is widely distributed but if so, there are limited 5x USAir Dividend miles, and 5x Virgin Atlantic miles grocery cat. spends waiting for a little workout.

ashap Feb 5, 2014 10:19 am

Can't wait to see if this deal is back in my area!!!! I had to pay full price for gas for the first time since November and I almost died at the price...... :eek:

WhateverDude Feb 5, 2014 11:12 am

Too bad it's MC and not Visa...but everything can't be easy.

brownie20 Feb 5, 2014 9:00 pm

thank goodness promo is back, i was getting tired of paying full price for gas :p i can see the gift card promotion in my boston area flyer. i unloaded some mc giftcards at walmart in december but i'm not sure who the issuer was; will stock up a little regardless as we seem to go thru a lot of gas :(

BrianGa Feb 5, 2014 9:21 pm

If anyone can tell who the MC issuer is, I'd appreciate it!

xp0 Feb 5, 2014 9:42 pm

Yeah, sucks its MC. Was so much nicer when it was any GC.

Anyone know which Mastercards Stop and Shop sells? Hopefully they sell some that are easy to liquidate with BP/MOs.

cuebert Feb 5, 2014 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by xp0 (Post 22295623)
Anyone know which Mastercards Stop and Shop sells?

U.S. Bank.

ZapperO Feb 5, 2014 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20 (Post 22295418)
thank goodness promo is back, i was getting tired of paying full price for gas :p i can see the gift card promotion in my boston area flyer. i unloaded some mc giftcards at walmart in december but i'm not sure who the issuer was; will stock up a little regardless as we seem to go thru a lot of gas :(

Deal is on page 7 of 9 of the flyer in the Boston area that goes into effect on February 7.

Anyone have a print copy that can reproduce the full terms and conditions? Seems like it is 5x fuel points on all gift card purchases and I presume the 30 day expiration rule on the fuel points earned still applies? Anyone know when the end date of this promo is as it seems to make sense to go in on the last day or second to last day to maximize the 30 day window unless I happen to need gas right now.

Thanks!

maksimfa Feb 5, 2014 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by ZapperO (Post 22295761)
Deal is on page 7 of 9 of the flyer in the Boston area that goes into effect on February 7.

Anyone have a print copy that can reproduce the full terms and conditions? Seems like it is 5x fuel points on all gift card purchases and I presume the 30 day expiration rule on the fuel points earned still applies? Anyone know when the end date of this promo is as it seems to make sense to go in on the last day or second to last day to maximize the 30 day window unless I happen to need gas right now.

Thanks!

Sell gas to your friends and family. =P

brownie20 Feb 5, 2014 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by ZapperO (Post 22295761)

Thanks!

Flyer says offer is good until 2/20! :) usually fuel points are only guaranteed on the gift cards pictured in the ad ("participating gift cards"). Usual 30 day expiration applies. As you suggested I usually buy enough gift cards in the beginning to cover the fuel I need during the promotion and wait until the last day or 2 of the promo to stock up on points :)

djca Feb 6, 2014 12:14 am

The 2/7 circular is now on the Stop and Shop website. It does say "participating gift cards". The gift cards shown in pictures are iTunes, Bonefish Grill, Outback, Carrabba's Italian Grill, US Bank Mastercard, Sephora, Olive Garden, Macys, and Regal.

The fine print is not at all readable. Will have to wait for the actual print copy, but if I would guess, I think I'm seeing 2/7 - 3/6 promo period.

This is for a NY Stop&Shop.

ashap Feb 6, 2014 7:45 am

Originally Posted by djca (Post 22296100)
The 2/7 circular is now on the Stop and Shop website. It does say "participating gift cards". The gift cards shown in pictures are iTunes, Bonefish Grill, Outback, Carrabba's Italian Grill, US Bank Mastercard, Sephora, Olive Garden, Macys, and Regal.

The fine print is not at all readable. Will have to wait for the actual print copy, but if I would guess, I think I'm seeing 2/7 - 3/6 promo period.

This is for a NY Stop&Shop.

This is what I have to in RI/Southern Mass. I wish M/C GC's weren't so hard to liquidate!

I'll try to get a Visa GC with my purchase tomorrow and see if that results in fuel points - or if anyone can read the fine print, please share it! :)

prokopon Feb 6, 2014 7:48 am

That would be good if you could use it on a VGC purchase, but I used the USBank MC's from Stop and Shop in December with little extra work. Just have to do the 'cancel' trick when buying your MO.

ashap Feb 6, 2014 8:33 am

Originally Posted by prokopon (Post 22297606)
That would be good if you could use it on a VGC purchase, but I used the USBank MC's from Stop and Shop in December with little extra work. Just have to do the 'cancel' trick when buying your MO.

Even with all the tricks in the book I still can't get the M/C GC's to go through at my WM. I think it also has to do with the PIN pads available at each individual WM. Or it may have been another bank's M/C too, I really can't remember why it wasn't going through.

I've got some AmEx GC's to liquidate anyway so I'll test a VGC at S&S when I go.

UserMark Feb 6, 2014 10:01 am

Originally Posted by AAmlgm8r (Post 22291501)
Thanks! Still waiting to see whether this is widely distributed but if so, there are limited 5x USAir Dividend miles, and 5x Virgin Atlantic miles grocery cat. spends waiting for a little workout.

What's this about 5x on USAir? Do you have details?