FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1495260-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases.html)

yoyo Dec 5, 2013 12:12 pm

I looked, no where to find 55 gallon drums/barrels.

ashap Dec 5, 2013 1:12 pm

This promo has been great to me!! Ended today with 17k gas points, enough for 7 fills from now to Jan 5!

We don't really drive far from home for work/train so this will definitely last us!!

WhateverDude Dec 5, 2013 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 21909315)
I looked, no where to find 55 gallon drums/barrels.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

Only $63 if you buy 8+. :)

goblue77 Dec 5, 2013 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by ashap (Post 21909720)
This promo has been great to me!! Ended today with 17k gas points, enough for 7 fills from now to Jan 5!

We don't really drive far from home for work/train so this will definitely last us!!

Just a heads up. Today is day one. Jan. 3rd will be day 30. On jan. 4th, all points expire.

It was great while it lasted...

SpeedingLunatic Dec 5, 2013 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude (Post 21909196)
Well, to be fair, we're not maxing out the 35-gallons per fillup. My truck takes about 19 when it's bone dry. The other cars vary from 13 - 16. Next time I'll just get a trailer and a bunch of 55-gallon drums! :)

Been there, done that. The problem is all the drums are full. As are the 550 & 275 gal tanks. I have close to 100k points left still.

I actually only hit this about half as hard as I could, because there is a better deal in town.

ashap Dec 5, 2013 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by jqsmooth (Post 21911492)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashap

Just a heads up. Today is day one. Jan. 3rd will be day 30. On jan. 4th, all points expire.

It was great while it lasted...

Oh thank you!! I didn't realize that.

xp0 Dec 5, 2013 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by SpeedingLunatic (Post 21911749)
Been there, done that. The problem is all the drums are full. As are the 550 & 275 gal tanks. I have close to 100k points left still.

I actually only hit this about half as hard as I could, because there is a better deal in town.

lol... Hope the cops dont show up in your backyard :D

I was actually thinking diesel for my oil tank but that is so dirty/messy I didnt want to bother.

My card I ended up with about 40k points today however during the promotion I scanned all my friends S&S card and kept them on my "keychain" iphone app and each time I went into S&S I would scan one of their cards so they could get points. I easily got over 100k this promo and now my family and friends are enjoying extremely cheap gas for the next month. Cant wait for the next promo!

WhateverDude Dec 6, 2013 7:48 am

Originally Posted by SpeedingLunatic (Post 21911749)

Nice. Do you need permits to store that much gasoline?

WhateverDude Dec 6, 2013 7:49 am

Originally Posted by xp0 (Post 21912457)
diesel for my oil tank

Just don't buy any large amounts of fertilizer after stocking up on diesel.

SpeedingLunatic Dec 6, 2013 8:16 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude (Post 21914447)
Nice. Do you need permits to store that much gasoline?

It is diesel (AKA heating oil). I wouldn't store that much gasoline. It doesn't hold up well over time.

WhateverDude Dec 6, 2013 9:40 am

Originally Posted by SpeedingLunatic (Post 21914607)
It is diesel (AKA heating oil). I wouldn't store that much gasoline. It doesn't hold up well over time.

Gotchya. I actually thought perhaps you were using it for racing cars or something.

WhateverDude Feb 5, 2014 7:32 am

Originally Posted by prokopon (Post 22288535)
Not to hijack, but if you have Stop&Shop in your area, note next week's flyer. 5x gas points on USBank issued MC.

AAmlgm8r Feb 5, 2014 8:49 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude (Post 22290490)

Did you bump this because the 5x on GC is back? Haven't seen the flyer...

prokopon Feb 5, 2014 8:54 am

someone moved my post to the right thread (thanks!). I forgot that S&S had a dedicated thread to this promo. Yes, it's back, starting on Friday in my area.

WhateverDude Feb 5, 2014 9:06 am

Originally Posted by AAmlgm8r (Post 22290947)
Did you bump this because the 5x on GC is back? Haven't seen the flyer...

Yes. Using this as more of an all-purpose S&S thread. I didn't see it in my flyer either, but Prokopon apparently has it in his.