FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1495260-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases.html)

silver6054 Mar 14, 2015 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ntr91 (Post 24480442)
No, Kate won't work. Once you buy the cards, go to the CS desk at the Giant and ask for MOs. PIN is 6666

I just tried this at Stop&Shop (don't have Giant) and they said that you cannot use those gift cards to buy MOs. I got quite annoyed, having got $10K worth, and said (or shouted) why not, they have a PIN, and I read on the internet that you could. I demanded a manager, but she said the same thing.

So maybe a Stop&Shop vs Giant type of thing.

P.S. Anyone make me an offer for $10K is Bass Pro GC?

iahphx Mar 14, 2015 11:22 am

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 24506596)
I just tried this at Stop&Shop (don't have Giant) and they said that you cannot use those gift cards to buy MOs. I got quite annoyed, having got $10K worth, and said (or shouted) why not, they have a PIN, and I read on the internet that you could. I demanded a manager, but she said the same thing.

I assume all this is a joke? I guess stranger things happen in the MS world, but turning store gift cards (from other stores) into MOs -- that might be the strangest.

bulletin2007 Mar 15, 2015 8:50 pm

You are making a joke, right?

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 24506596)

mrmandel Mar 16, 2015 1:34 am

pls respond

medichill Mar 16, 2015 10:08 am

I believe this is all a joke based on this portion of the thread.

No, you can't use Bass Pro GCs at Kate
No, you can't buy MOs using Bass Pro GCs
No, they don't come with a 6666 pin

Yes, you can get gas points, but unless you REALLY like shopping at Bass Pro Shops, I don't think it's such a good idea.

BTW, for the folks who posted as part of that exchange, I have seen others get banned from FT for similar things. It's misleading for people who haven't been following along and violates the TOS.

silver6054 Mar 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by medichill (Post 24515305)
I believe this is all a joke based on this portion of the thread.

No, you can't use Bass Pro GCs at Kate
No, you can't buy MOs using Bass Pro GCs
No, they don't come with a 6666 pin

Yes, you can get gas points, but unless you REALLY like shopping at Bass Pro Shops, I don't think it's such a good idea.

BTW, for the folks who posted as part of that exchange, I have seen others get banned from FT for similar things. It's misleading for people who haven't been following along and violates the TOS.

I'll plead innocent on a technicality (I correctly said it didn't work at stop&shop). But I would also maintain if you couldn't tell this was clearly a joke, you shouldn't be spending money on MS techniques you read about on the internet, as nuances for REAL methods are more subtle than this.

medichill Mar 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 24516276)
I'll plead innocent on a technicality (I correctly said it didn't work at stop&shop). But I would also maintain if you couldn't tell this was clearly a joke, you shouldn't be spending money on MS techniques you read about on the internet, as nuances for REAL methods are more subtle than this.

Thanks. I actually thought the whole exchange was hilarious having been involved with this thread for a while but I was just watching out for those who might not appreciate the subtle humor. ;)

MaineFlyer16 Mar 16, 2015 6:27 pm

DOUBLE POINTS on Visa Gift Cards starting on Friday 3/20-3/26! Get your gas cans out!

yoyo Mar 16, 2015 6:29 pm

2X coming back this Friday.

ILGfly Mar 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 24517686)
2X coming back this Friday.

Damn, I'm out of the country the 21st-25th!

rylan Mar 17, 2015 5:54 am

Wonder how fast my local S&Ss will be out of cards... probably by 10am Fri.

tuphat Mar 17, 2015 6:40 am

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16 (Post 24517675)
DOUBLE POINTS on Visa Gift Cards starting on Friday 3/20-3/26! Get your gas cans out!

Thanks. Will spend next few days hiding cards at store. Do they freeze well?

Tracker09 Mar 17, 2015 7:26 am

Originally Posted by tuphat (Post 24519711)
Thanks. Will spend next few days hiding cards at store. Do they freeze well?

Just checked my local S&S someone beat me to them all or they got pulled by employees

iahphx Mar 17, 2015 8:07 am

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 24516276)

Candidly, I don't think this is a nice joke. It sounded very weird to me, so I didn't believe it. But many of the best MS techniques are a little weird -- doing things that aren't logical or "possible." You never know for sure. And "rookies" need to learn: it's not helpful if we confuse them. It's kinda mean, actually -- figuring out the game can be hard.

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16 (Post 24517675)

Wow. Nice to see it back. Not as lucrative, but lucrative enough. The problem is that folks will need MORE cards than usual. Bad for inventory.

slicktraveler Mar 17, 2015 8:20 am

So glad to here 2X Visa is coming back can't wait at my local store promotion period starts on Sundays so I guess will start 3/22.