Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:33 pm

Question: Does Walmart in Canada do this? And is it the same cost?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by facehu
today tried to buy MO with USBANK MGC. normally i can use "CANCEL" or CHANGE PAYMENT method to input the pin. But now the system does not show anything and it reject the transaction directly. Anyone know how to solve this?
thanks
Same thing happened to me today in Southern California.
Did it work for you finally.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 10:51 am

Ymmv.

Last edited by Chelski; May 7, 2016 at 5:07 pm
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by facehu
today tried to buy MO with USBANK MGC. normally i can use "CANCEL" or CHANGE PAYMENT method to input the pin. But now the system does not show anything and it reject the transaction directly. Anyone know how to solve this?
thanks
Make sure you swipe and hit the cancel button before the cashier enters the amount. If he/she enters the amount before you swipe, then you're not given the option to hit the cancel button.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
That's all BS, you weren't flagged by anyone. Those forms get filed in a binder and put away. They just got nervous but have no reasonable explanation to give you that doesn't make them look like idiots. I've had this happen before and often it clears up later.
Maybe, but recently they've been filling out a "Service Activity Report". Hit up a different one I've never been to before today. Didn't fill out the form with all the money orders but did fill out the "Service Activity Report"
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Make sure you swipe and hit the cancel button before the cashier enters the amount. If he/she enters the amount before you swipe, then you're not given the option to hit the cancel button.
Yes you are correct. Procedure has changed.
Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:16 pm

Went to three wally marts tonight and all refused to use Simon Mall Gift cards - asking me if I had a real Debit card - saying to me they can no longer accept gift cards..

Mid - Florida locations

Going to Tampa tomorrow I will try there
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
What was your response? .
I said that I didnt have it with me and moved on - what else could I say. He didnt see the card - he was looking at the screen - at my walmart the swipe is in front of the cashier. I went to publix and winn-dixie and bought 4k in MO just fine but it looks like Wallyworlds may be dead
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by kingrat
I said that I didnt have it with me and moved on - what else could I say. He didnt see the card - he was looking at the screen - at my walmart the swipe is in front of the cashier. I went to ... and bought 4k in MO just fine but it looks like Wallyworlds may be dead
Thanks for the data point for central(?) FL. Same grocery stores in South FL are close to the WM fail rate (95+%).
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Thanks for the data point for central(?) FL. Same grocery stores in South FL are close to the WM fail rate (95+%).
Yes - Orlando Area and Jacksonville are like that now - I am going to Tampa for work tomorrow and I will try there... Looks like all of walmart.. I ordered $300 cards from Staples and I will try that at Walmart unless someone else has and can report
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by Chelski
Ram is talking about Iowa... Folks in Iowa go to town
I actually am not. I have never been to Iowa, and I never mentioned anything about any specific state in this thread.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Talking

In a few months I am sure we will hear a different story from you
Not likely as I have been doing this for Many Years. Story hasn't changed at all during Those Years.

Last edited by Ram Trucks; Apr 30, 2016 at 11:20 pm
Old May 1, 2016, 8:20 am

Anyone tried the $300 GC from Staples at Walmart to see if they still work?
Old May 1, 2016, 8:58 am

Anyone tried the $300 GC from Staples at Walmart to see if they still work?
as of yesterday, they worked at Kate for reloading prepaid so they'd do the same for MOs at CS or MC.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:43 am

Never used target VC at walmart before, tried today and got " Debit Not available APPR. Code = 57" CSR asked if i wanted to try again, i said i need to check with my bank to clear the issue first. can we use Target VC at walmart to buy MO?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.