Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
There is a new thread on this topic for 2017. It is here.

As always, YMMV from store to store and cashier to cashier.

Any product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services(like Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA) will not work for swiped-PIN transactions exceeding $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's auto-drain at Walmart.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction.

Before you swipe, the cashier needs to know how much you want removed from each and every Gebit because they need to type in that amount. Of course, the Gebit must have a current balance of that amount or more otherwise you will get Error 51.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:46 pm

WM limits MO to $500 and MO removed from KATE

Just told by my cashier that the $500 is the limit for MO and they have removed the MO option from the Kate.

Confirmed with 4 WM near me.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by newuser0
Just told by my cashier that the $500 is the limit for MO and they have removed the MO option from the Kate.

I don't know if this is global but can confirm Kate near me a stopped allowing MO purchases. The button is still there on the screen but when you select is says MOs must be purchased at MC desk. Has been that way for the last two or three weeks AFAIK. BB loads still work fine.
Hit or miss on the $500 limit. I went to the same WM as Chelski posted about earlier this week and they sold me two different MOs at 799 and 699 using multiple swipes each. I think it is still luck of the draw with the clerk you get.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:54 pm

My Cashier tried many times, It said something like Invalid Sequence or amount not valid... something on these lines..
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:49 am

well just ask for four $500 ones then
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by newuser0

Was told that last week and still walked out with a MO for $1k, if it will be 2 @ $500 for $.70 it wont be that bad just a bit of a pain, but 2 @ $500 and $1.40 will still save something but not enough to go out of my way to go to a Wally
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Buying MO's at WM [Consolidated]

Business a usual in the Mid West Wally World. $999.30 MO split transaction towards 2 VGCs without a problem and the CS lady doesn t even care as long as PIN transaction is aproved. Good Ol Ohio Wally ... Never disapoints. Also, got a $989.30 MO two days ago, as I decided to switch some GC to $490 USD load to stay bellow $500 purshases with OBC.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:38 am

Anyone still able to purchase MO in walmart around bay area?
Please PM me.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:07 pm

I think you are lucky enough. I haven't seen a working kate with mo for the past two years in 10 WMs.

Originally Posted by DeaconY
I don't know if this is global but can confirm Kate near me a stopped allowing MO purchases. The button is still there on the screen but when you select is says MOs must be purchased at MC desk. Has been that way for the last two or three weeks AFAIK. BB loads still work fine.
Hit or miss on the $500 limit. I went to the same WM as Chelski posted about earlier this week and they sold me two different MOs at 799 and 699 using multiple swipes each. I think it is still luck of the draw with the clerk you get.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by oozze
Anyone still able to purchase MO in walmart around bay area?
Please PM me.

Not with Visa gift cards. I've been using Suntrust which is drying out in few days and they beat this thing to death when buying MO in the bay area. It has my name everything but bay area is what it is, very had to MS
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:39 pm

Last edited by Chelski; Jan 9, 2016 at 7:06 am
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Originally Posted by Chelski
Went back to the WM that said only one $500 MO per day. I walked out with two $1k MOs with a 4 swipe transaction. In NOVA it's definitely a matter of who is at the register. Another WM also did the typical 2 MOs with four swipes. There is obviously no hard and fast rule regarding the MO size. At this point I don't think there is anything to update other than YMMV. A umber of the employees are there on their second job and just want to get through their shift.

Off topic: anyone who shops at Walmart might want to download their app. It automatically price checks and gives you a refund or store credit when it finds a better competitor price. Must scan in receipts within 7 days.
Tysons Corner just sold me $8k worth of MOs in a single purchase. Info punched in register, no forms filled out. Gotta use that ST card before it crashes and burns tomorrow.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 24, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by fjord
Tysons Corner just sold me $8k worth of MOs in a single purchase. Info punched in register, no forms filled out. Gotta use that ST card before it crashes and burns tomorrow.
Just to be clear: You still had to give them all your personal info, which they typed into terminal instead of paper form.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:13 pm

Someone else must me playing the MO game at the Walmart in Ypsilanti. When I asked for a 999.30 MO, she asked how many and she was ok with split payments.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:22 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
They know us.... I hit a regular Walmart today and the clerk was on the phone... she motioned me up.... and processed two $1,000 money orders with split payments without saying a word to me the entire time!

I just waved at her and mouthed "Thank You" as I left since she was still on the phone!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:40 pm

Does the $500 MC from grocery stores work in Walmart?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.