Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by carsonheim
I also had an issue loading OV cards at Wally. Kept getting rejected.
The bluebird/serve system was down. Check the Bluebird forum. I went to WM earlier around 5:30 EST and it wouldn't go through. Others were unable to load VR to BB as well during the last few hours. Now at least the VR -> BB is working. I loaded it an hour ago.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arsenalman
Thank you. I will be heading to Walmart tomorrow with 2k of OVs. Might try and do 1k of BP and 1k of BB. The only reason i asked about the ID is because of the Wiki in the BP thread - see below:

Loading bluebird with debit card at walmart register
Added 3.11.14 Loads over $500. trigger ID intake info at register. Make separate transactions/loads to avoid ID report.
My recollection is that the ID check might kick in over $2500. I've read many reports now where no ID is asked at the $2K level. Of course, YMMV.

If it were me, I would do $1998.12 (assuming you'll be subject to the $1.88 fee) on BP, and save the $1000 slot on your BB. The idea is that you're paying the fee anyway, so you might as well get the most for your money and save yourself from having to do another transaction on the same day.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:25 pm

I am sorry, I do not understand what this is about. I pay my card from my checking account at my bank. What is the advantage of driving to WM, and what does OV and BB stand for? Thank you,
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:11 pm
vishnu88

Programs: Chase UR, AAdvantage, Dividend Miles, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by abfall99
Washington, area... no kiosks...
Did you try other stores?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by abfall99
Visited 2 WMs today to load some BB and both asked if I am using prepaid GCs. They were told not to accept them anymore.

When I told them that I always use pp GCs, their response was: "Yeah, I know, but everybody's always using them, so management told us to stop accepting them."

Yikes... nothing but bad new in MS land lately...
I believe you are suppose to refer to them as debit VGCs. Not prepaid GCs. Also don't tell them that you always have been doing this. Just pretend like you didn't know if anything.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Tried another WM on the way out of town. Clerks were unable to figure it out.
If someone would be kind enough for a short tutorial post for incompetent WM employees that would be great.
First one to PM gets a pretty decent prize.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:32 pm

deleted

Last edited by vinhboy; Apr 4, 2014 at 12:15 am
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:47 pm

At san jose, the WM lady saw I was doing bluebird reload at kiosks and came over stopped me and grabbed my vgc from my hand. my second load was not finish yet.
She even turned of the kiosks.
She was really rude.
anyway, complete my transaction at regular check out line.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by superpanjy
At san jose, the WM lady saw I was doing bluebird reload at kiosks and came over stopped me and grabbed my vgc from my hand. my second load was not finish yet.
She was really rude.
Was this at Story Road??? LOL!!! OMG! They have a serious set of grouches there
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
I was denied few weeks ago at one of the WM I usually load BB ..I was specifically asked if I'am using GC to load to which I replied I'am using a prepaid debit card....the MC rep replied back that I can't use any prepaid cards/GC if my name is not on them....meanwhile other WM in the metro are biz as usual,plus kate helps too...hopefully they don't get infected by that anti MS policy...

Last edited by OHijAAzi73; Apr 4, 2014 at 9:17 am
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by raccah
Was this at Story Road??? LOL!!! OMG! They have a serious set of grouches there
no, it was not at Story road.
near 95123
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
I was denied few weeks ago at one of the WM I usually load BB ..I was specifically asked if I'am using GC to load to which I replied I'am using a prepaid GC....the MC rep replied back that I can't use any prepaid cards/GC if my name is not on them....meanwhile other WM in the metro are biz as usual,plus kate helps too...hopefully they don't get infected by that anti MS policy...
But a prepaid/GC (e.g. some of the ones you can buy online, though those are more expensive due to S&H) with one's name on it would be OK?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by superpanjy
She was really rude.
if you look @ my posts, i am the anti- make-a-scene guy. however, if some #$*&# grabbed my card out of my hand, i would go parabolic. not to be melodramatic, but that is assault. the last thing anybody- the manager/whomever would be talking about would be the kind of card i was using. i'd be writing down names, telling the mgr to go check the video, with my video on my phone running. she should be fired. period

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jul 30, 2014 at 5:16 am Reason: removed masked obscenity
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I believe you are suppose to refer to them as debit VGCs. Not prepaid GCs. Also don't tell them that you always have been doing this. Just pretend like you didn't know if anything.
oh, yes... 'debit visa gift cards' is much better

what is with you guys. 3 posts in this thread past the OP 'correcting' people to STILL use the term 'gift' card.

FLASH: 'GIFT' is the problem word.

it
is
a
DEBIT
card

g
e
e
s
h

and, as a pointer, again... ALWAYS have a 'real' debit card in your hand and make sure they see it. i display it when they're looking, then lay it down whilst we talk. if at a regular register (which is where you should be going to load BB if the kiosk is (as usual) down, you're behind all kinds of stuff. flash your 'real' debit card for them at the start, don't act nervous like you're robbing a bank, and nobody is going to notice if a trained monkey is scanning your card for you, much less what kind of card it is.

words to never use: gift, vanilla, prepaid, temporary, money laundering, drug profits, unibomber, cha-ching, yahtzee

approved words: debit card
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:09 am

Don't tell them that you always do it, just say you didn't know and try a different location or the same location at a different time. I get that you're in a nervous wreck because VRs aren't working, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.