Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by commdiver
If you do BP for $2,500 and MO for $2,500, does the combined >$3,000 value trigger the form to have to be filled out, or do they just go off the individual values?
In my experience, no. On wed. I did 3 separate payments for $2000 each, no questions asked. I have done this before and bought $3000 worth of M/o's with no questions asked, forms filled out, etc. What I usually do is buy $2000 worth of m/o's, then do 3-4 bp transactions, then ask to get another $2-3000 worth of m/o's.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:57 pm
Original Member

Newuser0, probably not, but you will never know. That would be an awfully low amount for the folks in Bentonville to field a SAR over, especially when a lot of people do not want to give out social security numbers. Some money center managers want social security numbers for large transactions, which does not make sense to most of us since they are not getting a real document verifying that social security number.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by newuser0
Usually I used to get MO for $999 at WM and had no issues at all. Today, wanted to try the BillPay for my chase card $1500.

First, they asked my phone number. Then she was looking at system for a minute later, asked for ID. Then asked, if my address on DL is same as current. I said, no and gave her my current address. After a minute of typing something, DL ID# and address into system.

She gave me a piece of paper and pen and asked me to write my SS#. I said why you need SS? She replied we do need SS for amount of this Large (1.5K)

I said, no thanks please cancel all and came back.

Did they file SAR on me just now?
not unless you gave them your ssn and your ocupation
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:14 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by commdiver
If you do BP for $2,500 and MO for $2,500, does the combined >$3,000 value trigger the form to have to be filled out, or do they just go off the individual values?
Depends on the clerk. The $3,000 is the threshold for a financial business to record a cash transaction in its daily monetary log. A few WalMarts view debit cards as credit cards which do not trigger the $3,000 internal record keeping form, but most of the WalMarts view debit card transactions as cash that does cause this form to be completed. If the clerk viewed your two transactions as one transaction in his or her mind, the form would need to be completed. If you do the transactions at essentially the same time, the clerk would likely view it as one transaction even though the computer is unlikely to prompt the clerk to prepare the internal form like it would if you bought $3,000 or more of money orders or did a bill pay of $3,000 or more.

Keep in mind that this is an internal form, not the SAR that everyone talks about so much. In your scenario, we all know that the business reason you did the transaction that way was because you wanted to mail the money orders to a different payee than the payee receiving the bill pay transaction. But the structuring rules appear to even apply to transactions designed to avoid the $3,000 internal reporting rule. So the clerk might think that you did the transaction the way you described to avoid that form being filled out, which would make it a little more likely that a SAR might get filed, at least in my opinion.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by lovenola
not unless you gave them your ssn and your ocupation
Yes, I did not gave my SSN, But she got these details -
1) My chase CC Number (Full 16 digits)
2) My DL#, Old Address, New (Current) Address.
3) Amount of BP requested $1.5K

Then, I asked her to cancel the transaction and I left the place.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by newuser0
Yes, I did not gave my SSN, But she got these details -
1) My chase CC Number (Full 16 digits)
2) My DL#, Old Address, New (Current) Address.
3) Amount of BP requested $1.5K

Then, I asked her to cancel the transaction and I left the place.
You're fine, relax. And you probably would have been fine if you gave them that info too...
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:45 pm

Did my first BP at Walmart today. The cashier knows me as MO guy, but threw him a curve ball. It seems he hasn't done a Checkfreepay before. Another customer at the next register was doing BP and gave me some pointers on how to find it on the screen and how much to pay since the register takes 4 swipes and can't pay the fee with cash(I didn't want to try, was using paypowers). I wonder if he's a FTer.

It's a painstaking process: enter phone number, card number, etc. etc. But in the end, got it done.

This was a pretty good walmart until recently, they tightened up on the filling out forms. So for the MO transaction, I kept it below $3k. Used to buy as many as I wanted. I guess the party is over. I just gotta work harder.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
I had success BPaying a Bank of America cash rewards business card as "Mastercard"....wiki updated...
I BP a PNC CashBuilder Visa card as "PNC Bank". ($1.00 three days)
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by lovenola
In my experience, no. On wed. I did 3 separate payments for $2000 each, no questions asked. I have done this before and bought $3000 worth of M/o's with no questions asked, forms filled out, etc. What I usually do is buy $2000 worth of m/o's, then do 3-4 bp transactions, then ask to get another $2-3000 worth of m/o's.
good one. i'm gonna have to try that with my favorite cashiers.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:01 pm

capital one bill pay

Anyone try a capital one busniess visa billpay at walmart? The cashier had trouble when I was there I think they were clueless anyone have any success with cap one?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by newbelle0522
Anyone try a capital one busniess visa billpay at walmart? The cashier had trouble when I was there I think they were clueless anyone have any success with cap one?
I have the Business Platinum. It is probably coding as a cash advance. The card is not the best for MS in my experience.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:41 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Has anyone done BP using an AU account number instead of the primary account number?

I have an AU card for my husband's Barclay Arrival card. He keeps the primary card in his wallet. I can give them the primary number at WM but wondered if they payment would go through using the AU number. Any experience with this?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
It will go through. I have done it with amex and arrival cards.

Originally Posted by akp
Has anyone done BP using an AU account number instead of the primary account number?

I have an AU card for my husband's Barclay Arrival card. He keeps the primary card in his wallet. I can give them the primary number at WM but wondered if they payment would go through using the AU number. Any experience with this?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:47 pm

I paid capital one personal card a couple times, $1.5 fee for 1 day payment no problem. Just choose capital one as payee.

Originally Posted by newbelle0522
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:17 am

Cap1 business cards work fine at W-M billpay. You can either do the transaction as Capital One specifically OR as a generic Visa/MC card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.