Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:20 am

"next day" meaning next business day or will the payment be delivered during weekend as well? Like if I pay on Friday will the payment hit AMEX on Sat?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by yoyo
"next day" meaning next business day or will the payment be delivered during weekend as well? Like if I pay on Friday will the payment hit AMEX on Sat?
It typically means next business day. I've found that there is some variation from bank to bank on when they actually post the payment. Best bet is to try yourself and give yourself a few days of room for error if you are cutting close to the payment due date.

For example, on Friday I made a one day payment to both Citi and Amex. The payment to Amex posted early yesterday morning, while I'm still waiting for the one to Citi to post. However, that's the usual no matter how I pay with Citi, I have a feeling Citi likes to sit on everyone's payments for a few extra days to use in the overnight funds market.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: AA, SPG, United, BA Avios, US Airways
Originally Posted by TheChallenge
I find it better to keep my transactions within the reasonable range and pay off half the outstanding balance or so at a time.
That is a nice strategy. I was saying something like cc->gc->wm->cc
I can pay 50% now and then just to be under the radar.
Any risks?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Manik2012
That is a nice strategy. I was saying something like cc->gc->wm->cc
I can pay 50% now and then just to be under the radar.
Any risks?
Well everything in life has has some amount of risk entitled, it is all about finding an acceptable level of risk.

But yes, I do something very similar to what you described.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:38 pm

It's good to know the billpay limit is pretty high, is there a limit on number of GCs for each billpay transaction?

Correct, WM billpay at a money center register has no monthly limit. I asked the other day what the per transaction amount limit was being curious, and was told what I thought was a surprisingly large amount of $9999.99.

I'm sure it's that amount to avoid having to ever fill out CTR paperwork for one transaction, but still I wasn't expecting WM to have that kind of limit per bill pay transaction.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
It's good to know the billpay limit is pretty high, is there a limit on number of GCs for each billpay transaction?
Max 4 debit cards (including GC used as debit card) per transaction
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by huntdealz123
Max 4 debit cards (including GC used as debit card) per transaction
Do you need PIN for each?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by yoyo
Do you need PIN for each?
Yes, and you will have to tell the cashier the amount that you want deducted from each of them just before swiping.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by apolloms
american express and your card number will work. I've done billpay on a DL Reserve Amex, Ink Bold, CSP, Citi AA
Did you use "Chase card services" or "MasterCard" for paying Ink Bold? I tried "Chase card services" and it doesn't work. The clerk point-blankly refused to try anything else, and threated to call police if I continue to "disrupt their business".

PS-I have been regularly buying MOs using gift cards recently (until they prohibited it), so she probably has already believed that I'm committing "fraud".

Last edited by shel; Jun 6, 2013 at 4:15 pm Reason: Edit to add
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by shel
Did you use "Chase card services" or "MasterCard" for paying Ink Bold? I tried "Chase card services" and it doesn't work. The clerk point-blankly refused to try anything else, and threated to call police if I continue to "disrupt their business".

PS-I have been regularly buying MOs using gift cards recently (until they prohibited it), so she probably has already believed that I'm committing "fraud".
Easiest route is to use VISA for visa branded cards, MASTERCARD for mastercard branded cards and AMERICAN EXPRESS for Amex branded cards. Note: some amex cards arent real amex cards (like Fidelity or Costco) and so you will have to use the issuing bank's name as the Biller.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

successfully paid INK using MASTERCARD.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:16 pm

I would have told her to go ahead and call law enforcement. Actually I would have pulled out my own cell phone, personally dialed 911, put it on speaker phone, and laid the phone down on the counter.

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Easiest route is to use VISA for visa branded cards, MASTERCARD for mastercard branded cards and AMERICAN EXPRESS for Amex branded cards. Note: some amex cards arent real amex cards (like Fidelity or Costco) and so you will have to use the issuing bank's name as the Biller.
Actually the Costco Amex is provided directly by American Express. You view the account directly online same as all the others such as the Platinum, Gold, Delta, Hilton, etc cards.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:24 pm

Actually the Costco Amex is provided directly by American Express. You view the account directly online same as all the others such as the Platinum, Gold, Delta, Hilton, etc cards.
Good to know... I had no idea. ^
I just assumed...
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Good to know... I had no idea. ^
I just assumed...
Awhile back when I applied for the Starwood Amex card, I was even able to transfer most of my CL over from the Costco Amex. I rarely use my Costco version anymore and I was given a relatively low limit on the Starwood card so it worked out well. Basically just flopped the credit lines between the two.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Correct, WM billpay at a money center register has no monthly limit. I asked the other day what the per transaction amount limit was being curious, and was told what I thought was a surprisingly large amount of $9999.99.

I'm sure it's that amount to avoid having to ever fill out CTR paperwork for one transaction, but still I wasn't expecting WM to have that kind of limit per bill pay transaction.
this is 100% false

it will allow them to enter up to 10k but check free will deny the payment at a certain level. I thought it was 5k but I tried successfully made a $6400 payment. When I tried to make a payment for $9,300 it was kicked back by check free for "too large amount"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.