Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:25 pm

NEW WM BP System Upgrade

Several WMNM in DFW area have upgraded its BP system recently. I had played with the system a bit with a friendly CSR... Now the system will create a customer account first linked with a phone#. Then add a biller and keep it in the system. Thus no need to reenter the account info next time. However, I couldn't find the generic MasterCard account. The search for 'MasterCard' returns a list of bank specific payment options. The search of CitiBank found MasterCard Same Day option for $4.99 and 2-3 Days for $8.99, yes, 2-3 days is more expensive than the same day payment. Also the generic option for CapitalOne is missing too, the options are now for $9.99 at least... The Discover is still there as before.

Anyone else has any experience with the new system? Could it be just confused MoneyGram with CheckfreePay?

Last edited by spgbus; Jan 28, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by spgbus
NEW WM BP System Upgrade

Several WMNM in DFW area have upgraded its BP system recently. I had played with the system a bit with a friendly CSR... Now the system will create a customer account first linked with a phone#. Then add a biller and keep it in the system. Thus no need to reenter the account info next time. However, I couldn't find the generic MasterCard account. The search for 'MasterCard' returns a list of bank specific payment options. The search of CitiBank found MasterCard Same Day option for $4.99 and 2-3 Days for $8.99, yes, 2-3 days is more expensive than the same day payment. Also the generic option for CapitalOne is missing too, the options are now for $9.99 at least... The Discover is still there as before.

Anyone else has any experience with the new system? Could it be just confused MoneyGram with CheckfreePay?
This was part of an update... They are PUSHING people on Moneygram but CheckFreePay still works
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
Take a cellphone photo of the receipt??
And email it before the cell phone is compromised :-)
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:37 pm

First multi payment

Did first multi VGC BP today. Found if interesting that the full amount of the transaction shows up on the screens, and not the partial amounts (like a MO). I questioned the guy, and he insisted he put the split in after I first told him the total amount, and he ended up being right. Still seemed strange that there seemed no way to check it on my side.

Just mentioning it here in case other noobs are trying this method out for the first time as well
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Did first multi VGC BP today. Found if interesting that the full amount of the transaction shows up on the screens, and not the partial amounts (like a MO). I questioned the guy, and he insisted he put the split in after I first told him the total amount, and he ended up being right. Still seemed strange that there seemed no way to check it on my side.

Just mentioning it here in case other noobs are trying this method out for the first time as well
There is no way for me to do this, i have tried with differents CSR and always get split not available or some other message, my WM is always busy (don't know why) so there is not time to actually explain them, oh well need time to go there and wait for the right moment.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by elegua
I've been paying my CCs using BP at WM and so far no complains, i tried paying another VISA from different issuer and it went through.
Originally Posted by elegua
i have tried with differents CSR and always get split not available or some other message
DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE, printed on a tiny slip of paper I imagine.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE, printed on a tiny slip of paper I imagine.
They always wanna beat you on the pinpad
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by nfpa70e
I bought a 500 VGC at WM and then used the same VGC to BP the CC.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by teammjs

Not sure what you are referring to. My WM never shows the split amount for a MO.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:02 pm

Has anyone attempted using one of those netSpend VGC? The Jewel near me stopped selling the ones I usually buy, and everywhere else only stocks the vanilla ones.

Last edited by doubleurluck; Jan 29, 2016 at 1:19 pm
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:50 pm

I went again today to Walmart to attempt to billpay my capital one. The rep who has been there for at least the last three years, said they've recently updated their systems and asked me my name, address and phone number, but then was unable to find capital one credit cards as an option to pay. She then tried to get me to fill out the blue form, I declined and said not moneygram - reiterated check free bill pay, but she was unable to find anything under Capital One or VISA. Has anyone done this successfully in Utah?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:07 am

Did my first billpay yesterday, but I think I or the associate made a mistake.

I tried to pay my home mortgage by Chase. Little did I know that there are actually two payees, one is Chase home mortgage, and the other one is Chase mortgage formerly WAMU. The CSR paid the latter one and it did go through. But when I don't see the the payment posted today, I called Chase and was told I paid somebody else.

So, now what should I do, go back to Walmart to recall the transaction?

Any suggestions?

TIA
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:21 am

Dylan,

This is one of the many pitfalls and failure points I talked about several times while MSing. We don't always see what reps do, some reps are nice enough to turn the terminal around. It would be interesting to see what happens, Does the money go back on your debit when you cancel the transaction or they can redirect it to the proper payee? if there is a choice. One other thing with BP, you don't know right away if the amount is credited to your right account (may be pending), sometimes you know after 2-3 days and that means it needs good tracking, record keeping. Keep us posted.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by nfpa70e
Dylan,

This is one of the many pitfalls and failure points I talked about several times while MSing. We don't always see what reps do, some reps are nice enough to turn the terminal around. It would be interesting to see what happens, Does the money go back on your debit when you cancel the transaction or they can redirect it to the proper payee? if there is a choice. One other thing with BP, you don't know right away if the amount is credited to your right account (may be pending), sometimes you know after 2-3 days and that means it needs good tracking, record keeping. Keep us posted.

Thanks! I called CheckFreePay, they advised me to wait a few days, if still don't show up with Chase, then go back to Walmart to let the agent call them to do the refund.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by DylanZh
The CSR paid the latter one and it did go through. But when I don't see the the payment posted today.
You have to wait longer than Next Day, 07:00 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.