Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by doubleurluck
Very new here just looking for some assistance. I went to Walmart today and tried to pay my Chase Slate, and Chase Freedom card with a Visa Gift Card the person at the register searched Chase, Chase Slate, Chase Freedom but all that showed up was Chase Mortgage, Chase Card Services similar to that. I put my account numbers in and nothing worked, I feel as if he and I had no idea what we were doing so I was just looking for some insight am I searching for the wrong thing? Or doing another step wrong? Any information would help and I apologize if I missed something obvious.
Read the wiki.

You should have first asked him to search for Visa, as your Chase cards likely are. If he put in your card numbers for "Chase Card Services" and it didn't work, that payee probably doesn't work. If you didn't try Visa, go back and try that. If it's not found, try a different WM.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:02 am

Thank you I will try tomorrow
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by doubleurluck
Thank you I will try tomorrow
Yea just remember if they don't have Visa, do as CWAL said and try a different WM. Every WM used to have Visa but there was some kind of shutdown a while back and it was removed from the system at some WM. You can get lucky if you hunt long enough.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:14 pm

I recently moved to a new area and the WM locations around me don't seem to have Capital One as a payee. They have:

• Capital One 360
  • Capital One Auto Finance
  • Capital One Installment Loans
  • Capital One Retail Services

Does anyone know if any of those payees work for Capital One Credit cards? I'm tempted to try the Installment Loan one

Also, when I was at my old location, it usually take a while for the cashier to find Capital One. Like they would ask payees in the list above and then say "I don't see just Capital One", and then proceed to punch in some other buttons and find it. Maybe it it on a different screen? I never looked into it since the cashier always would find it eventually.

Last edited by horse9118; Jan 4, 2016 at 6:37 pm
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:51 am

I have a similar question for Chase. At both WMs near me, the Checkfreepay does not have Visa or MC available as a payee, but they do have several options for Chase -- one of them being something like "Chase cardmember services." However, when the CSR input my Chase Sapphire Preferred CC # into the system, it said invalid account number. Anyone know if any of these Chase-specific payees will work?

Alternatively, anyone know of a Walmart in the DC/NOVA area that has Visa/MC as payees?

Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:08 pm

I think you are going to have to find a WM with Visa as a payee. IIRC, you could
pay Chase by using Best Buy Chase as payee, but I think that's gone.

Keep searching, I have 2 in a sea of WM that don't have Visa.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:28 am
formerly mattrendell27

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Did the money go back to your first card?
yes it did. and I liquidated all the cards later that day. To follow up, the bill payment was never reversed. It's been almost a month. Is there anything I should do here? Or anything I'm obligated to do even if Checkfree never contacts me or never reverses the transaction?

Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:31 am
formerly mattrendell27

Originally Posted by Zgirl
I'm 100% sure Checkfree is gonna reverse the transaction. Wait 2-3 days and the payment is taken back.
To follow up, the bill payment was never reversed. It's been almost a month. Is there anything I should do here do you think? Or anything I'm obligated to do even if Checkfree never contacts me or never reverses the transaction?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PeaceandPost
To follow up, the bill payment was never reversed. It's been almost a month. Is there anything I should do here do you think? Or anything I'm obligated to do even if Checkfree never contacts me or never reverses the transaction?
I assume that you don't know how to multi-quote?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:50 am
formerly mattrendell27

I assume that you don't know how to multi-quote?
No sorry, don't really post all that much
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PeaceandPost
No sorry, don't really post all that much
Understandable. On website - Right next to where you hit "quote", you hit the "+" sign next to each person you want to quote. Then when you are ready to reply, you hit the quote button on either one.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:46 am
formerly mattrendell27

Understandable. On website - Right next to where you hit "quote", you hit the "+" sign next to each person you want to quote. Then when you are ready to reply, you hit the quote button on either one.
Okay thank you for the help. Any ideas for my question?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL
They can do the split while you are selecting "No cashback" and entering your PIN.
IME, they can not initiate the split before you swipe, but as soon as you swipe it's fair game on their end.
Hi guys,

Fist time using walmart billpay, after read a lot here i knew what i have to do so i told the CSR that i wanted to pay my Chase Freedom visa and as expected she said, we don't have Chase Freedom here, i told her to find Visa, she did and added my card info, i told her that i needed to enter my info first (swipe/enter pin) before her and i did, the payment went through and i was able to pay, i did two payments and got out, it was really ease, also i asked if i can pay Capital One and she said "yes we pay capital one here also BofA as well", i said great lol.

Well here is my question, if i want to pay using more than 1 VGC, means 2x$500 or 3x$500 (always less than 2k) or any combination how can i proceed?, what are the steps for this?, i went back on this tread but i cant see anything, i see that it can be done but don't see how.

Do i have to swipe/enter pin just one time or do i have to do this everytime i swipe a new card?,

Ex; swipe card/enter pin - WM CSR initiate the payment, and then keep swiping cards or swipe/enter pin per card before the WM CSR initiate each payment or card?

Thank you very much in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:01 pm

I always swipe asap, cashier can do whatever they need to do (usually 50000 ($500.00) debit) after the swipe is registered, while I'm entering pin, or even after pin is entered. If it's a new cashier, I swipe immediately when the total shows up and say "I need only 500 dollars on this debit" Sometimes the complain that they need to enter it first. Politely tell them that you've done it before and it doesn't work if they enter it before you swipe. Each card gets done the same way. Swipe before cashier hits the debit button. Some of my better cashiers immediately type 50000 and wait til I finish pin, then hit debit. The only thing that never works is if they do 50000 debit before you swipe the card.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL
I always swipe asap, cashier can do whatever they need to do (usually 50000 ($500.00) debit) after the swipe is registered, while I'm entering pin, or even after pin is entered. If it's a new cashier, I swipe immediately when the total shows up and say "I need only 500 dollars on this debit" Sometimes the complain that they need to enter it first. Politely tell them that you've done it before and it doesn't work if they enter it before you swipe. Each card gets done the same way. Swipe before cashier hits the debit button. Some of my better cashiers immediately type 50000 and wait til I finish pin, then hit debit. The only thing that never works is if they do 50000 debit before you swipe the card.

Apologize for my ignorance but i am not following you on this, ok let me explain,

I get the part when you have to do the swipe/enter pin before the WM CSR initiate the payment (hit debit button) for the first card, so now at this point i have to tell the CSR that i am going to use another debit card (VGC) and what?,

Ex;
1- Tell the CSR that i need to pay a bill for $1500 to a Visa Network (CSR will enter the total amount on her side)
2- Tell the CSR that i am going to swipe my debit card more than once per wherever reason
3- Tell the CSR do not hit the debit button until i swiped/entered ping (my first $500 card)

Then what??, do i have to keep swiping card all the way (in this case 3 times??, does the CSR needs to keep hitting the debit button with me for 3 times? (always before me), i am not getting this part.

Do you mind clarify this for me?, Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.