Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Help! Satisfy minimum spend without Vanilla Reloads.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Satisfy minimum spend without Vanilla Reloads.

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2013, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
You needn't respond to the posts you don't like, and since you didn't spoon-feed anyone, you have no reason to complain.

Like the other critics here, you are creating negative attributes for people you don't know out of your own prejudices. Why not just stop it and simply ignore the posts? We'll answer them and you needn't get involved at all.
Originally Posted by mia
The thread title has been edited to more accurately describe the problem.

See also this earlier thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...bgr-spend.html

Anyone is free to post a request for help. Those who prefer not to help should not reply. It is rude to interrogate a member about how he came to have the card or if he has already sought assistance elsewhere. FlyerTalk is not a secret society where only those who have followed a specific path deserve knowledge.
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Again, I have no problem helping anyone. I do have a problem if someone can't figure out how to spend $5k in 3 months and claims to have read this specific forum. I can see 5+ ideas on page 1 of this forum.

And I agree, this isn't a secret society. It's a community where members should give and take, not spoonfeed people. I wouldn't consider asking a member who referred them to the card as an "interrogation", but I think it's helpful to know that the OP hasn't received any assistance from mms on the subject.
Exactly...while I do agree that OP should have researched spend options before applying there's still no need for some FTers to act so self righteous because OP is misguided.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
Thank you Mia

Originally Posted by mia
The thread title has been edited to more accurately describe the problem.

See also this earlier thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...bgr-spend.html

Anyone is free to post a request for help. Those who prefer not to help should not reply. It is rude to interrogate a member about how he came to have the card or if he has already sought assistance elsewhere. FlyerTalk is not a secret society where only those who have followed a specific path deserve knowledge.
Old May 20, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
You needn't respond to the posts you don't like, and since you didn't spoon-feed anyone, you have no reason to complain.

Like the other critics here, you are creating negative attributes for people you don't know out of your own prejudices. Why not just stop it and simply ignore the posts? We'll answer them and you needn't get involved at all.
[Emphasis mine]

THIS!

Seriously people. I give a rat's derrière where OP got the card from. He needs help...and help shall always be given at Hogwarts FlyerTalk to those who seek it.

Please feel free to PM me OP if you still have any questions.

Last edited by jatink129; May 20, 2013 at 12:31 pm
Old May 20, 2013, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
Thank you jatink129. Got off to a decent start, hope to reach the target...

Originally Posted by jatink129
[Emphasis mine]

THIS!

Seriously people. I give a rat's derrière where OP got the card from. He needs help...and help shall always be given at Hogwarts FlyerTalk to those who seek it.

Please feel to PM me OP if you still have any questions.
Old May 20, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by genesys9
Thank you jatink129. Got off to a decent start, hope to reach the target...
Glad to hear it. ^

Don't worry too much about these other guys.
Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old May 20, 2013, 4:35 pm

Funny how beg-a-thons for $0.01 warrant thread closure but beg-a-thons for $0.02 on how to meet $5K spend are encouraged. Suggest the mods close this thread and monitor any new developments in manufactured spend that warrant reopening it.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by HikerT
Funny how beg-a-thons for $0.01 warrant thread closure but beg-a-thons for $0.02 on how to meet $5K spend are encouraged. Suggest the mods close this thread and monitor any new developments in manufactured spend that warrant reopening it.
Seconded
Old May 22, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
+1.

Maybe a sticky (similar to Milebuzz, pasted below) would be useful for this forum to keep the threads clear of pleas for help in meeting spends.

"Sticky: Welcome to MilesBuzz! Read me first! ( 1 2 3 4)"
Old May 27, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: ALL OF THEM, NO STATUS ON ANY OF THEM!!
Why are people not willing to help come in here to do exactly that... not help!!!??? Read what you want and don't help if you don't want to but let the ones that do wanna help do exactly that...help!!
Old May 28, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by PointsNmilesAddict
Why are people not willing to help come in here to do exactly that... not help!!!??? Read what you want and don't help if you don't want to but let the ones that do wanna help do exactly that...help!!
everyone 'was' new once
or
everyone 'is' always new for something
Old May 28, 2013, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by oohaahouch:20824232
everyone 'was' new once
or
everyone 'is' always new for something
Indeed!
Old May 29, 2013, 1:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PointsNmilesAddict
A case can be made for both sides of the coin.

I believe those who take offense to these types of threads do so since most likely they are being made by a person with a single or double digit post count = not having contributed much if anything to the community, but are here for the taking.

Please point out to me a few names of members with 4-5 digit total posts who have started such threads.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by craz
A case can be made for both sides of the coin.

I believe those who take offense to these types of threads do so since most likely they are being made by a person with a single or double digit post count = not having contributed much if anything to the community, but are here for the taking.

Please point out to me a few names of members with 4-5 digit total posts who have started such threads.
But that's exactly the point, innit? People who've got that many posts, have probably been here for a while.
They know better.
They know where to post what question, and how to search for stuff.

Someone who's new to the site, doesn't.
So, instead of screaming at them, I think it'd be better to show them the way. Don't you?
Old May 29, 2013, 4:09 pm

The moral of this story is:

Don't apply for a rewards credit card (with big welcome spending bonus) if you can't meet the minimum spend.

Good luck with your spending genesys9, be more careful next time.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
The moral of this story is:

Don't apply for a rewards credit card (with big welcome spending bonus) if you can't meet the minimum spend.

Good luck with your spending genesys9, be more careful next time.
Every good thing begins with a leap of faith. This is still a hobby, not a business. I couldn't agree more that the folks who aren't willing to help shouldn't bother at all, rather than discourage newbies from seeking assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.