Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hitman1420
Ugh, VR now requires a captcha code. Cue another minute of my life gone.
At least it is easily readable unlike most real Captcha codes.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)
Originally Posted by horseymen
Certainly not trying to rain on your parade, but in the 5 stores I cycle through, there has been literally 400-500 (combined) on the shelves, and I have good relationships with all the managers and they will order more if needed. The desert has an oasis in my neck of the woods.

Only one has been out, and it is one that didn't even have reloads until 3 months ago and I only check there as a back-up since it's by my house. Go 2 miles down the same road, and Nirvana appears.
Never mind then. I had just had a lot of difficulty in the past 2 weeks in my area and also read others had too. Nothing more here, move along.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:01 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
at least we have a better confirmation screen

i have to get text expander and add my BB accounts
hahaha
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by oohaahouch
Agree, its more of fp than anything else. info is useless to irs since we dont pay cash.
Wait...you guys are using credit cards to buy these? No wonder my points haven't been posting.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Wait...you guys are using credit cards to buy these? No wonder my points haven't been posting.
Wait... you pay cash for manufactured spending?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:53 am

Quote of the day ^
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by Omnipotent
Wait... you pay cash for manufactured spending?
@:-)
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Tongue in cheek, maybe?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Tongue in cheeks, maybe?
sounds a bit unsanitary
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:43 am

U can be real funny!

Once, someone did post that he can do Money laundering without actual Money (Credit card?)
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
At least it is easily readable unlike most real Captcha codes.
plus they added a link if you have another pin to enter
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:15 pm

Does anyone have success in the recent days around downtown DC?
I understand 24hr CVS on 14th is out. Other CVS? Tyring to make a run to the store. Just wanted to know the general area (as you want to hide the gem, right?)
Thanks.

UPdate: Just on a whim, I went to the closest CVS outside my office and found the very thing I was looking for!! They let me buy it with CC but only downside was the max was $500!

So my question now is, where is the other CVS that lets you buy up to 5K?

Last edited by msiamsia; Feb 21, 2014 at 1:58 pm
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:33 pm

I'm lucky thus far that I have found a couple (Chicago area) that still have a stash available but because of my lower CL and only two CC's that have more than 1x cashback on them, I've only been getting a couple at a time. I'm afraid once the stash is gone, then we're SOL for a while.

I hope not.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
There's nothing illegal about what we do. Just be sure to keep records.
I'm new to this. What records do you need to keep? Household income/expenses or are you talking about records specific to the VR?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by aw82
I'm new to this. What records do you need to keep? Household income/expenses or are you talking about records specific to the VR?
I keep all actual cards/receipts, then on excel spreadsheet: date, what cc I purchased with, and where liquidated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.