Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

How to avoid BlueBird shut downs. Share your thoughts here.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to avoid BlueBird shut downs. Share your thoughts here.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Gotta love that Bluebird Cardinal.^
So is he red or blue? I thought they were vermilion?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:02 pm

you can create a direct deposit by withdrawing money from amazon payments into bluebird...might make you look more like a user that is using it as a bank acct substitute, obviously many swipes would help too.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS
I've come to the conclusion that BB is not an AmEx product so much as it is a WalMart product. As far as I can tell, AmEx just gets paid to emboss the cards with numbers in their ISO range, and WalMart is the real issuer. So, anything you think you know about how AmEx does business, just doesn't apply here.

I've paid my Amex bill using BB, and it went through fine in a few days.

Where I think BB might have a problem is if a user loads beans onto a BB, and then dumps directly back onto a linked bank account right after maxing out on loads for the month, then having no activity for 25 days or so, until the next batch of VRs.

Last edited by ceverett; Mar 23, 2014 at 9:54 pm Reason: Further clarification
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:37 am

Just had my new Bluebird account shutdown (converted from redcard), I was lazy about concealing things, but am impressed at how quick they were.

Had the card since November, loaded total of 2K since then, withdrew directly into linked bank account.

I had gone years at 5K per month withdrawing by writing checks to myself without issues.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

Does this mean I can apply for serve card now?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by kewe
Does this mean I can apply for serve card now?
Considering the shut downs just happened today, I'm not sure anyone knows yet if they are blacklisted by SSN
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Bigzamboni
Considering the shut downs just happened today, I'm not sure anyone knows yet if they are blacklisted by SSN
I suspect that we will all be blacklisted by AMEX. It will be nice for someone to let us know otherwise.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Way to avoid shutdown on BB = never use it for anything

Got shut down also bummer
Dear XYZ,

We are writing to let you know that we have observed unusual usage patterns on your Bluebird Account. Because of this, effective immediately, you will no longer be able to add money to your Account.1 We have made this change in accordance with Section 22.d of our Member Agreement, which you can view here.

Please be aware that you continue to have full access to the funds on your Account and can withdraw them at any time.

Once your balance reaches $0, please close your Account online via your Profile page accessible here. Scroll down to the Close Account section and click “Close Account.”

If you have any questions or would like to inquire further about this issue, you may write to us at the following address:

American Express
C/O Customer Relations 02-04-40
4315 S 2700 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84184-0440

Thanks,
The Bluebird® Team
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
I suspect that we will all be blacklisted by AMEX. It will be nice for someone to let us know otherwise.
Blacklisted from applying for CCs too? Or just Serve/BB accounts?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by compddd
That would be the big question. I must have 75k in credit with amex, over several cards.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by compddd
Don't know yet, it will be a while until I have another amex app. I would guess this would be contained to Serve/bluebird, but who knows.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:54 am

Ditto, I just received the same message. Have not used the bluebird card for ms in four months. It seems that they must be doing some kind of wholesale review of bluebird accounts, searching for ms and the like?

Originally Posted by rocco24
Got shut down also bummer
Dear XYZ,

We are writing to let you know that we have observed unusual usage patterns on your Bluebird Account. Because of this, effective immediately, you will no longer be able to add money to your Account.1 We have made this change in accordance with Section 22.d of our Member Agreement, which you can view here.

Please be aware that you continue to have full access to the funds on your Account and can withdraw them at any time.

Once your balance reaches $0, please close your Account online via your Profile page accessible here. Scroll down to the Close Account section and click “Close Account.”

If you have any questions or would like to inquire further about this issue, you may write to us at the following address:

American Express
C/O Customer Relations 02-04-40
4315 S 2700 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84184-0440

Thanks,
The Bluebird® Team
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:01 am
Suspended

People who have Direct deposit into BB have not been blocked..
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Brewer20
Don't know yet, it will be a while until I have another amex app. I would guess this would be contained to Serve/bluebird, but who knows.
I'd be very surprised if this was at all connected to CC apps. But I shudder to think of even the slim possibility...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.