Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
https://simple.com/

It’s Simple
Use the Simple card for all your purchases. See transactions appear in your account in seconds.

Pay Anyone
The fastest, most intuitive way to pay your friends and pay your bills–by check or electronic funds transfer.

Get Cash
Welcome to the largest no-fee ATM network, Allpoint®.

See limits, terms, etc.
https://simple.com/policies/bancorp-account-agreement/

...These limits are $3,000 per check ($2,000 first 30 days) with a daily maximum of $5,000 and no more than 5 per day. There can be no more than 10 checks per week with a total of $25,000, or 15 checks not to exceed $75,000. Limits may be changed based on the length of time the account is opened and account activity.
Fees (Rivals Bluebird)
https://simple.com/policies/schedule-of-fees/

Shutdowns
Yes see post 137, 287
Print Wikipost

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:34 am

I got the dreaded email from Robyn asking:

(1) What is the source of the deposited money orders?
(2) What is the purpose of the deposited money orders?

How have people been responding to the source? I've been using VGC so can't really show any statements if it gets to that. I also deposited 2 money orders but only one shows up as pending, will the 2nd one show up after I respond or is that going to be stuck until this gets resolved?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by sound48

How have people been responding to the source? I've been using VGC so can't really show any statements if it gets to that. I also deposited 2 money orders but only one shows up as pending, will the 2nd one show up after I respond or is that going to be stuck until this gets resolved?
So you deposited two money orders and they shut you down?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:09 am

Any other data points on shutdowns?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think most people have been responding. Due to their extreme interest in all these MO deposits, I assume they'll keep after you if you don't respond within a reasonable time.

From the consensus of the board, it also seems that if you're not closed, they will ask you to curtail your MO deposits. Ridiculous, as I assume you were within the limits, but they do what they do.

It's weird I haven't received anything from them... I've deposited probably $7k-10k since I've opened the account.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG

My response was that I enjoyed their service, loved their billpay, and this was how I thought I was supposed to be getting money to them since they don't have physical locations and their instructions clearly said they accepted MO's. I am alive and kicking still, but I have NOT used to deposit MO's since.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
My response was that I enjoyed their service, loved their billpay...
Am I missing something? Does Simple have a bill pay mechanism?? None that I've found on their site/app, but would love to be wrong.

As an update, haven't heard back since "investigation" started several weeks ago and I sent in my explanation. Took a hiatus on transactions but recently restarted, using only Usps MOs and not for full thou. Also starting to use the card for a few real transactions (Evolve, for example).

Regarding that, if you're using Evolve for mortgages/car loans, mix in several debits cards for the multi-payments. Spread the love around your MS herd.

Guess that makes me an "old timer" now. Nearing the 2month mark.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond

In my case I replied:
(1) I have used prepaid debit cards (VGC).
(2) Pay my bills.

And added love the service and the concept....

Robyn replied a day later asking about how I got the prepaid cards and I replied "Purchased from a store".

Few days later they released the funds....but the damage is done....doubt if I will use it again....or at least will sit on it for few months to see if there will be any changes once BBVA takes over...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:24 am

I've been using the service for awhile and never had any issues. I did two deposits a few days ago, both showed as accepted but only one has shown up since being held then released today. I'm not sure if the second one is just because of the Robyn email or not?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by healthnut

It's weird I haven't received anything from them... I've deposited probably $7k-10k since I've opened the account.
Didn't you close your account?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by silver6054
Didn't you close your account?
I inquired about it and explained that the MO closing was why, but Robyn sounded very confused as to what I was talking about. I'm not using it now, but it's not closed.

I was just more talking about in the time you all received messages about it, I received nothing and I was probably right along the lines as you all were, if not more.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by PtsJunkieWI
Am I missing something? Does Simple have a bill pay mechanism?? None that I've found on their site/app, but would love to be wrong.

As an update, haven't heard back since "investigation" started several weeks ago and I sent in my explanation. Took a hiatus on transactions but recently restarted, using only Usps MOs and not for full thou. Also starting to use the card for a few real transactions (Evolve, for example).

Regarding that, if you're using Evolve for mortgages/car loans, mix in several debits cards for the multi-payments. Spread the love around your MS herd.

Guess that makes me an "old timer" now. Nearing the 2month mark.
Absolutely has bill pay feature. Look under "move money". Easy to add CC to pay.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Absolutely has bill pay feature. Look under "move money". Easy to add CC to pay.
And to make it electronic, message them to change it to electronic vs. mail check. I'm not sure if it does it automatically by now...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
In my case I replied:
(1) I have used prepaid debit cards (VGC).
(2) Pay my bills.

And added love the service and the concept....

Robyn replied a day later asking about how I got the prepaid cards and I replied "Purchased from a store".

Few days later they released the funds....but the damage is done....doubt if I will use it again....or at least will sit on it for few months to see if there will be any changes once BBVA takes over...
Got the email from Simple with the same two questions about MO deposits this afternoon. Hadn't been doing too much so far since my account was just opened about 6-8 weeks ago - maybe a shade under 5K from AFT, VisaBuxx, and VGC plus a $30 MO from my Grandma. Any update on whether your response re: source (prepaid debit cards) spooked them?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by picards007
Got the email from Simple with the same two questions about MO deposits this afternoon. Hadn't been doing too much so far since my account was just opened about 6-8 weeks ago - maybe a shade under 5K from AFT, VisaBuxx, and VGC plus a $30 MO from my Grandma. Any update on whether your response re: source (prepaid debit cards) spooked them?
Well Robyn replied back that they will let me know if they will need more info or documents pending their "investigation".....but few days later they lifted the hold and immediately ACHed the funds to my regular bank.....and will not deposit any MO for now .....will just wait until BBVA takes over from Bancorp,hoping things will change and keep it ....Simple.... as it should be...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
Well Robyn replied back that they will let me know if they will need more info or documents pending their "investigation".....but few days later they lifted the hold and immediately ACHed the funds to my regular bank.....and will not deposit any MO for now .....will just wait until BBVA takes over from Bancorp,hoping things will change and keep it ....Simple.... as it should be...
I'm hoping the same and that's why I'm keeping my account open but with $0 balance.

I thought about doing a quick $5k of MO's in and out, but nothing is quick as it seems like they look at every transaction!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.