Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 23, 14, 8:04 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MasterCharge
Wiki Link
https://simple.com/

It’s Simple
Use the Simple card for all your purchases. See transactions appear in your account in seconds.

Pay Anyone
The fastest, most intuitive way to pay your friends and pay your bills–by check or electronic funds transfer.

Get Cash
Welcome to the largest no-fee ATM network, Allpoint®.

See limits, terms, etc.
https://simple.com/policies/bancorp-account-agreement/

...These limits are $3,000 per check ($2,000 first 30 days) with a daily maximum of $5,000 and no more than 5 per day. There can be no more than 10 checks per week with a total of $25,000, or 15 checks not to exceed $75,000. Limits may be changed based on the length of time the account is opened and account activity.
Fees (Rivals Bluebird)
https://simple.com/policies/schedule-of-fees/

Shutdowns
Yes see post 137, 287
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 29, 13, 6:31 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo
Original Poster

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC

https://simple.com/

It’s Simple
Use the Simple card for all your purchases. See transactions appear in your account in seconds.

Pay Anyone
The fastest, most intuitive way to pay your friends and pay your bills–by check or electronic funds transfer.

Get Cash
Welcome to the largest no-fee ATM network, Allpoint®.

See limits, terms, etc.
https://simple.com/policies/bancorp-account-agreement/

Fees (Rivals Bluebird)
https://simple.com/policies/schedule-of-fees/
Old Jan 29, 13, 6:35 pm

Looks like check or DD the only way to fund this baby:

How do I deposit funds?

The easiest and quickest way is by setting up direct deposit through your employer. We provide tools to help you set it up. Have a check or money order? Just take a photo of it with your smartphone and it'll be deposited by our bank partner into your account. You can even write a check to yourself from your old bank account! Of course, you can also mail in a check or money order. Cash is a bit trickier, but still possible. Many banks will allow you to deposit at a counter (essentially, create an in-person electronic funds transfer) for a fee. Probably the easiest way, though a little roundabout, is to turn your cash into a check, money order, cashier’s check, etc., and deposit it using our app.
Old Jan 29, 13, 6:37 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo
Original Poster

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
My friend told me Paypal also. Should be part of the VR network..
Old Jan 29, 13, 6:44 pm

Am I missing something? Other than direct deposit and mobile check deposit, how would you fund this card?
Old Jan 29, 13, 6:46 pm

I saw this today. There's no way to load...
Old Jan 29, 13, 6:50 pm

Might be useful for depositing money orders via the camera. Could make that painless. Wonder how much volume they let you run through it before they get tired of the money orders.

Have a check or money order? Just take a photo of it with your smartphone and it'll be deposited by our bank partner into your account.
Old Jan 29, 13, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas View Post
Might be useful for depositing money orders via the camera. Could make that painless. Wonder how much volume they let you run through it before they get tired of the money orders.

Have a check or money order? Just take a photo of it with your smartphone and it'll be deposited by our bank partner into your account.
Yeah but you still need debit to get MOs
Old Jan 29, 13, 7:09 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards

You can do this with a smartphone with most major banks. Nothing special here.
Old Jan 29, 13, 8:26 pm

The Bluebird has no rival.
Old Jan 29, 13, 9:20 pm

I have a Simple account and it's a true online checking account, not a prepaid product. Not sure how it compares to BB, they are totally different.
Old Jan 29, 13, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold

That must be an error, I saw that you could deposit money orders via smartphone. The last time I check this wasn't something that any bank offered, only check deposits.
Old Jan 29, 13, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
There is a way to make this work with MO. The total fee for the destination to fund $500 into the account would be $5.15.
Old Jan 29, 13, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
Signed up for it. In the instant email, it said "Thanks for signing up for an invite.... You'll see your invite in the next several months. ..."
Old Jan 29, 13, 9:58 pm

It can take months to receive an invite. Go to lifehacker.com, they just wrote an article about Simple today. At the very bottom of the article it says if you request an invite from their page you get fast tracked and should have an invite within a week or something like that. I read it this afternoon so I don't really remember the time frame it listed but it's a lot sooner than going directly to Simple's website. Some people have been waiting almost a year to receive their invite.
Old Jan 29, 13, 10:04 pm

[QUOTE=ralexander;20150118]It can take months to receive an invite. Go to lifehacker.com, they just wrote an article about Simple today. At the very bottom of the article it says if you request an invite from their page you get fast tracked and should have an invite within a week or something like that. I read it this afternoon so I don't really remember the time frame it listed but it's a lot sooner than going directly to Simple's website. Some people have been waiting almost a year to receive their invite.[/QUOTE]

Golly gee. hate to deal with them on a money issue or something that went wrong with the account.

This is hideous customer service.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: