Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
https://simple.com/

It’s Simple
Use the Simple card for all your purchases. See transactions appear in your account in seconds.

Pay Anyone
The fastest, most intuitive way to pay your friends and pay your bills–by check or electronic funds transfer.

Get Cash
Welcome to the largest no-fee ATM network, Allpoint®.

See limits, terms, etc.
https://simple.com/policies/bancorp-account-agreement/

...These limits are $3,000 per check ($2,000 first 30 days) with a daily maximum of $5,000 and no more than 5 per day. There can be no more than 10 checks per week with a total of $25,000, or 15 checks not to exceed $75,000. Limits may be changed based on the length of time the account is opened and account activity.
Fees (Rivals Bluebird)
https://simple.com/policies/schedule-of-fees/

Shutdowns
Yes see post 137, 287
Print Wikipost

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by healthnut
I told them I would like to cancel my account because the amount of accounts closed for high deposit (yet under limit) money orders and she didn't know what I was talking about...

She said she was surprised I am choosing to close my account after referring 40+ individuals. (Thanks FT!)

I don't know what's next for Simple.... I don't know if I want to be a part of it either.... I don't know what to think about their front line being so far from the back.
I've only read about one account closure...
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:31 pm

Just got:

While we complete our investigation we would request that you no longer deposit large money orders into to your Simple Account. Personal and business checks are acceptable.
Per the account agreement, our accounts are limited to personal use only. The deposit of money orders into your account has jeopardized your account status with Simple and your account will be closed if this activity continues.
Thank you,

I asked them to close it.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Got same.
Did same.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
Just got:

While we complete our investigation we would request that you no longer deposit large money orders into to your Simple Account. Personal and business checks are acceptable.
Per the account agreement, our accounts are limited to personal use only. The deposit of money orders into your account has jeopardized your account status with Simple and your account will be closed if this activity continues.
Thank you,

I asked them to close it.
Well at least they gave you time to cash out.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:08 pm

I just realized these guys dont have any form of BP.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Yeah they do! "Move Money"
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Check again.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:49 pm

After waiting almost a week, I finally heard back from Simple. They want to verify my identity with a DL scan, utility bill, and a whole slew of other things. No, thank you. I will take my business elsewhere.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
Yeah they do! "Move Money"
Originally Posted by lad2
Check again.
Thanks found it...
How quick would a BP to Amex (or any CC) be?
It looks like I have to enter in all the info myself (not prefilled) so does this mean they will more than likely mail a check?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by commdiver
After waiting almost a week, I finally heard back from Simple. They want to verify my identity with a DL scan, utility bill, and a whole slew of other things. No, thank you. I will take my business elsewhere.
Sounds about right.
They require the same documents if you look to change your account in their settings.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:26 pm

Anyone been able to move money out once they put lock on it? I was (officially) shut down a few days ago and was told a check with the rest of my funds would be sent "In a couple weeks." Not able to do anything other than wait even though my current "safe to spend" still is accurate.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by frogdog51
Anyone been able to move money out once they put lock on it? I was (officially) shut down a few days ago and was told a check with the rest of my funds would be sent "In a couple weeks." Not able to do anything other than wait even though my current "safe to spend" still is accurate.
Wouldn't exactly be an effective lockdown if you could still use the account like business as usual now would it?

Ha, JK fella.

Just wait them out. I'm pretty sure you'll get your check without the usual Bancorp BS. Pretty disappointed by this bank service though.

Did I read correctly that they were bought out? Maybe it's worth putting this service on ice a few weeks/months (rather than preemptively) to see how the new overseers react to out MO deposits.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:03 am
jyx

Thanks found it...
How quick would a BP to Amex (or any CC) be?
It looks like I have to enter in all the info myself (not prefilled) so does this mean they will more than likely mail a check?
Pretty fast. It was credited to my BC overnight. I'd think they are using standard clearing system as other banks.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by jyx
Pretty fast. It was credited to my BC overnight. I'd think they are using standard clearing system as other banks.
^
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Those of you getting the smack down because you are depositing money orders within their limits; how large were your deposits, how many would you deposit in a month and did you do any other kind of banking with them? It still amazes me that Simple promotes that they accept money orders for deposit (since there's not many other ways to deposit cash into an online bank account is there?), and yet crucify those who use money orders to make deposits. If an online bank doesn't like money order deposits in a certain number or value them spell it out in their marketing and rules to potential customers. It's so simple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.