Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Moderator note: A new thread for 2016 is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1738030-gobank-greendot-online-banking-debit-card-2016-a.html

Do NOT let Rite-Aid scan the GoBank barcode. You will be charged, but your funds won't load. It is a PIA to get your funds back.

Want to stay active? Be sure to only load when your balance is at or close to 0. Continuing to load when you have funds in there seems to be a no no. Swipes are recommended, but there are folks active that don't swipe.

Lots of $200 loads can get you shutdown. GoBank does not like paying load fees on low denomination loads. Two $500 loads is better than five $200 loads.

Shut down reports:

Please list your load/spend/billpay details (in a single statement/lifetime?) e.g.,
type of load, number of loads, denomination of your gc or mp, amount of your billpay, any actual swipe/dd?

lad2 (closed) - May: $2.7K 9 loads 5DDs - June: $5.5K 5 loads 6DDs - July: $4.6K 6 loads 1DD - August $9.9K 19 loads 1DD - no swipes

TheDapperDon (open) June $4.5k 5 loads. All GCs. 1 swipe. Everything else BP to CC. 1500 most loaded in one day .July - $3489 5 loads. All GCs. Several swipes. No load until below $20 or so remaining.

raghu455 (closed) May $2k 4 loads, june $7k all GCs. All BP to CC.

drdrew450 (closed) 17K in loads, unloaded all through bill pay, less than a month

cuebert (closed) $4.5k in 9 MP loads, BP out. That was fast.

sgideons (closed) May $7k 17 loads, june $17k 27 loads, july $5k 6 loads, september $3.5k 4 loads. Unloaded 90% ACH pull, 5% PP to self, 5% bill pay tool. Closed on September statement date.

MDWCommuter (closed): June only, $8k in 60 loads, all GC. $2k is most loaded in one day. Wrote 2 BP to CC checks, no ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, always carried at least a $1k balance

ArtemK (closed): 1st month - 5/21 - 6/21 - loaded $6,700, 6/21 - 6/30 - $4K loaded, all via GCs. Unloaded all via BP to Citi and Chase. No ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, no swipes.

rdover1 (Closed): 1st month - $23.6k loaded (WM GC), ~$1k spend, rest bill pay (mostly to CC)
rdover1 2nd card (closed): Closed mid cycle, survived 1st month. No bill pay, only MO. Never loaded over ~$4k. Total activity ~$12k.

T3pleShot (closed): 7k in loads at WMT, 10 loads, mostly $500, some $200, $4k billpay to CC, 5 swipes totaling about $25.

ctbarron (open): Month1 - $3.8k loaded, all bill pay out, 1 swipe; Month2 - $3.7k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD; Month3 - $4.2k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD. Zero membership fee, usually a balance of under $150.

americanindian (closed)- closed after 3 months today. had about 7.5k deposit each month, with lots of small value(<$20) purchases each month. liquidated mostly using bill pay.

rodsren (closed)- the dapperdon warned me. I was closed today after less than 5,500 or loaaing in less than 3 weeks (was going to try to keep it to 7,500 - 10,000 but didn't luck out.)

binnycode (closed, re-opened) - 7x $200 loads + 1x $700 load + 3x $500 over 2 days got me shut down. Called CSR and they re-opened my account, letting me know that "direct deposit would reduce my number of trips to walmart" lol!
Print Wikipost

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by murtuza
Or someone who could not figure out if $0 will render the same service as $9
Circular argument. It won't go anywhere if you make arguments this way.
Old May 1, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Can someone PM me if you have had luck adding Debit Card deposit to GOBank.

I continually get an error no matter what funding debit card I use.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
I registered for an account earlier this week and was able to did the initial deposit with my bank debit card. I just tried loading ($200) using Chase GC and no go.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by lad2
I registered for an account earlier this week and was able to did the initial deposit with my bank debit card. I just tried loading ($200) using Chase GC and no go.
My experience is that it only works sometimes. So try in few hours or a day, it will work again.

BTW, is 5 debit cards deposit per calendar months or per 30 days? I tried today, and I was told that I have 5 deposits already.
Old May 1, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by karenfly
My experience is that it only works sometimes. So try in few hours or a day, it will work again.

BTW, is 5 debit cards deposit per calendar months or per 30 days? I tried today, and I was told that I have 5 deposits already.
30 days, if you read the error message closely it indicates it's a 30-day rolling limits.
Old May 1, 2013, 5:41 pm
jk2

For those, who weren't able to make a first deposit yet - use MoneyPack instead. You can purchase one at WM for $1K for $4.64 fee and paying with debit or gc. When you use this MoneyPak for FIRST deposit, GoBank will refund a purchase fee ($4.95) for MoneyPak.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
I applied for this on 3/9 and finally got the accepted yesterday.

After I tried to register, I got this error after the last step:
"Thanks so much for your interest in GoBank. We appreciate the love, but unfortunately, we can't approve you at this time. "
The tile of the window was 'Validation failed'

Has anyone experienced this?
Old May 2, 2013, 11:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jk2
For those, who weren't able to make a first deposit yet - use MoneyPack instead. You can purchase one at WM for $1K for $4.64 fee and paying with debit or gc. When you use this MoneyPak for FIRST deposit, GoBank will refund a purchase fee ($4.95) for MoneyPak.
It said $200 max for the first deposit so I just need to buy $200 MoneyPack at WM? It's been pain to load the first deposit after trying gc with pin/wells fargo debit and both failed.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by thebluejean
It said $200 max for the first deposit so I just need to buy $200 MoneyPack at WM? It's been pain to load the first deposit after trying gc with pin/wells fargo debit and both failed.
The $200 max is for the debit method only. You can load $500 from a moneypak.
Old May 2, 2013, 1:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tankerooooo
The $200 max is for the debit method only. You can load $500 from a moneypak.
Thanks for the clarification. Will try to search out for an outlet to buy moneypak since WM is out of the way.
Old May 2, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by rambo

"Thanks so much for your interest in GoBank. We appreciate the love, but unfortunately, we can't approve you at this time. "

A buddy of mine had this happen because he used a different email address than what he initially used to get put on the wait list. Did you use the same email address?
Old May 2, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by jk2
+1 Thanks!
Old May 2, 2013, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
You mean physical moneypak card for $1k or just load from the moneycenter ATM? I couldn't find my local walmart selling moneypak, and can you split the payment to two $500 gc payments plus the fee?
Old May 2, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by jk2
Any idea where to buy Moneypaks with cc in nyc? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2013, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by rambo

Yes, same thing happened to me. Two reasons this could have happened

1. The info that you provided them does't match with the info they got on your from third party verification sites
2. You have been banned by Greendot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.