Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat
OneVanilla Fraud Reports

A few reports were posted in another long thread, so I thought it would be good to combine them in a single thread. The summary is that it appears that someone at Incomm is swapping out cards before the factory seal is applied to the OneVanilla package so that after purchasing the OneVanilla package the card inside is not activated. Incomm takes a report and then sends it to their "compliance department" who rejects the claim and refuses to refund the money.

Originally Posted by DavidAL
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone posting about this, but apparently I've had a couple issues with either tampered with OV's or had activation issues.

About 2 weeks ago I bought 5 OV's, 3 of which worked fine, and 2 of which supposedly were never activated, even though on the receipt it said activated. I called In*com and filed an issue with them and they said they would get it squared away for me and I needed to email my receipt showing activated over. I followed up this week about the issue, and they told me that they aren't activating them, and they consider the case closed and I have to follow up with the store, not them. Obviously I don't want to do a dispute w/ the CC company, but don't want to rock the boat too much at CVS either.

Has anyone else had similar issues? My gut tells me that the cards that were inside the package didn't match what card was supposed to be inside, and the swap was made at the factory or somewhere, because the packaging is identical and looks perfect, like no tampering.

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
I had the same issue last week where I bought 5 OV's at CVS and 1 was not activated. I called Incomm, and they said they would send the information to the compliance department. The compliance department denied the claim. The packaging looks perfect with no tampering evident, but the expiration date on the card inside the package does not match the expiration date printed on the outside of the package. This is in Dallas, Texas.

Originally Posted by Luvs2Sav12
This has also happened to me. Incomm is telling me that they are waiting for the Secret Service to respond. Mine is only for $500. I have a problem where I do not know which receipt goes with my OV. I have 2 CVS receipts with each 10 cards on them and on 7-11 receipt. They first denied my claim and I resubmitted it under the same case number and now they are telling me that they got the Secret Service involved. This has been very annoying and time consuming.

I just think the card did not match the package as well. I do not like how you cannot match the card itself to the receipt.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
but the expiration date on the card inside the package does not match the expiration date printed on the outside of the package
so that after purchasing the OneVanilla package the card inside is not activated
so the original plastic card is missing and gets activated instead ?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:13 pm

Time to lay off the OV's for a bit
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:17 pm

My issue is starting to unravel. I finally received a call today from Incomm. They said that all 21 cards I submitted receipts for were used at the places I stated. He then asked if I bought any OV at Rite Aid, which I did.

I forgot I bought one card at that Rite Aid location because I brought a few of them up to the register and they only let me purchase one of them. So now I am think they gave me the wrong card. The numbers Incomm told me that would be on my receipt are not.

So my issue, may end up being a cashiers issue.

VGC and Incomm really need a better communication system. If I had known this back on 1/9 when I first reported the issue, I maybe could have gone back to the store to get this resolved easier and quicker but it took them weeks for them to tell me where this non activated card even was located.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Is there a way, I can use temp card (bought from CVS) on AP? I exhausted limit of 3 cards already (shut down) and can't open another one. I (someone from my HH) bought this card accidentally. Now I am figuring out if I can use it on AP. Last time I tried, payment failed.

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
Is there a way, I can use temp card (bought from CVS) on AP? I exhausted limit of 3 cards already (shut down) and can't open another one. I (someone from my HH) bought this card accidentally. Now I am figuring out if I can use it on AP. Last time I tried, payment failed.

Thanks
Just open 3 new ones. That's what I did after my first 3 were shut down ^

Does anyone know when the daily load limit resets?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lkar
I may have some data points to add about just having 1 card, but can anyone tell me where these numbers come from? Are these published limits somewhere, or are they just trial and error limits?

What is the $8k number and where does it come from?
way back in the thread a number of folks I believe posted a link but its 2500 per day, 8k per week, 10k per month and 45k per year

My theory (not proven yet but looking very correct) is that till '14 the limits were per MVD so if you had 3 cards it was smooth sailing. I believe that changed on 1/1/14 and it didn't start with 1/1/14 but they went retroactive with it. So when they had their computers check every acct those that combined were over the max for any of their limits got shut down all of them at least that was their intention.

So it seems to best try and stay alive and not get shut down you need to remain below their max limits as a combined total over all the cards a person has attached to the same ss#

No way to know yet if getting too close to their limits will get you shut down as well. At least till Im thru getting my min Spends on my new CCs done Im not taking any chances and staying clear of their limits and leaving some days in between loading and then unloading and reloading again. Once I max out my Inks then Id give the MVD a 2 month rest and VR up my BBs

Its all just a theory for now, but till someone posts that they never went over the limits using any amount of cards or came close to it and still was shut down, its the best we have to go on.

So doing 2500 on MVD #1 and then 500 on MVD #2 in the same day = you will be shut down since combined you did 3k when 2500 is the daily limit. etc etc for each of the limits
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by met152
Just open 3 new ones. That's what I did after my first 3 were shut down ^

Does anyone know when the daily load limit resets?
so u r on 7,8,9 ? was 4,5,6 in '14? and were all of them with the same ss#? my gut says if its all the ss#, youre on life support and will be shut very fast. They cant stop anyone from buying a new temp MVD the trouble may be when you register it or after you do and their computer does its runs and sees its the same ss# again. I can say that a #2 card was shut when it by itself didn't go over max along with the #1 , combined they were over.When they were reopened to drain unlike in '13 I was not able to Load them beyond what was already on them.

I can only wonder how long will they allow a person to keep buying new MVDs and then either sending a check or allowing drain down. My guess is eventually they will simply find a way to refund the purchase back to the CC used after receiving all the info they need to do that, to stop everyone from opening p countless new accts. If they go with a refund over draining or sending a check theres no benefit in buying the temp cards

I don't suggest anyone who cant afford to float the $1500 for 3 new cards to play with Incomm once they had 3 cards shut on them it may be awhile till you get the funds in your hands
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by craz
way back in the thread a number of folks I believe posted a link but its 2500 per day, 8k per week, 10k per month and 45k per year

My theory (not proven yet but looking very correct) is that till '14 the limits were per MVD so if you had 3 cards it was smooth sailing. I believe that changed on 1/1/14 and it didn't start with 1/1/14 but they went retroactive with it. So when they had their computers check every acct those that combined were over the max for any of their limits got shut down all of them at least that was their intention.
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks craz. I'm actually over theses limits for both weekly and monthly (just by a little) since this month started. Through a weird set of circumstances, I have a bit of a tax bill coming up and I was going to pay it early with this card because it only pays a debit fee, in order to meet some spend requirements on new credit cards. I only have one MVD card. Never have had more.

I bought a few money orders last about a year ago and maybe a cash advance or two, but bye and large, the card sits in my drawer for months at a time until I have a minimum spend to meet and taxes to pay.

Maybe I'll get closed down soon for going over these limits. I'll cool it for a while, but if nothing happens, maybe it's a data point that it's having two cards that's the problem?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:03 pm

Stupid question maybe but has anyone bought the Debit card and tried to load it with the Vanilla Reloadable before registering it?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:52 am

Anyone feel like starting up a wiki for the mvd--much like the AP thread has?

I am looking to open new avenues to diversify, above and beyond my current three or four MS methods. I have read this thread off and on, but certainly not 100% of it, since its inception. I do have a solid idea of how to utilize the MVD for MS purposes, but would appreciate a wiki with some of the more common questions answered.

To all of your tinfoil hat wearing folks, no I'm not asking for you to put me in my highchair and spoon feed me. I am simply asking for a reference to be able to refresh my memory on a few things.

Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:01 pm

Look through here for a refresh.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...lla-debit.html
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
You're so helpful. You should get a prize for going out of your way!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by craz

So it seems to best try and stay alive and not get shut down you need to remain below their max limits as a combined total over all the cards a person has attached to the same ss#

No way to know yet if getting too close to their limits will get you shut down as well. At least till Im thru getting my min Spends on my new CCs done Im not taking any chances and staying clear of their limits and leaving some days in between loading and then unloading and reloading again. Once I max out my Inks then Id give the MVD a 2 month rest and VR up my BBs

Its all just a theory for now, but till someone posts that they never went over the limits using any amount of cards or came close to it and still was shut down, its the best we have to go on.

So doing 2500 on MVD #1 and then 500 on MVD #2 in the same day = you will be shut down since combined you did 3k when 2500 is the daily limit. etc etc for each of the limits
Dang it. Just when I thought I was out...they drag me back in again. This info looks good to me, and make me feel like I can survive for a while. Just applied for card #4 (first 3 got shut down). I'm not sure I'll bother with a 5th or 6th card, since I have a new ceiling to stay under, and I won't need extra cards. Actually, I might get a 2nd extra MVD, just to make getting MOs simpler per trip to WM.

$10K/month is a meaningful enough of an amount of MS that it's worth it to me to deal with their idiotic witch hunts - esp given that there are several CVS's is right on my daily commute and they all let me buy VRs $5K/day with a smile on their face.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:55 pm

Any theory whether they treat people at the same address as the same if they each have a card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.