Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
thats a good enough point, that sometimes people in the financial industry do abuse trust. if there is an instance where someone kept their receipts/cards, is legit, and incomm outright steals their money then i will eat my hat.

Some call them 'Banksters'

In today's day and age everything is stored digitally on to their computers. They have the 'original' record. To ask us to produce 'backup' is customer harassment. The irony is that the account is blocked on the basis of their data. Why would they not ask for the backup receipts and verify before blocking our funds?

but i would resist painting all businesses in the financial industry with a broad stroke and saying just because bernie was the devil it necessarily follows that those incomm folks down in georgia are too.

It does not follow that those incomm folks down in georgia are 'not'. If the actions are questionable, they are!

so they will require you to back up your claims with receipts, activation slips, screenshots, copies of the VRs in question, etc...
what would you all do if someone called you like that and you were the incomm agent? take them at their word that you owe them $500?

Do not take anyone at their word, look at 'your' computer everything is in there! trust your own records & data!
You are always sympathetic to the income agents, their jobs is to be nice to us (not the other way around!) If we are nice to them would they not lose their jobs? They have be nice because of the actions of back office goons.
You seem to be always defending incomm. whose side are U on?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:13 pm

Obviously he is working for incomm and spying on here trying to find out what we are up to!

QUOTE=prasha11;22025408]You seem to be always defending incomm. whose side are U on?[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
You seem to be always defending incomm. whose side are U on?
What are my choices, its who against who?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
What are my choices, its who against who?
I'm with BarnyardRomeo on this. Incomm is incompetent and has poor processes. They're not crooks, but due to their target constituents they surely deal with a lot of them.

Maybe only competent companies should be allowed in the banking space, but if that were true the MS opportunities would be greatly diminished.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rdover1
Maybe only competent companies should be allowed in the banking space, but if that were true the MS opportunities would be greatly diminished.
+!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:30 pm
Suspended

if im forced to choose being on prasha's side or incomm's side, let me think about it:
prasha: does nothing for me
incomm: a partner who gives me $10 minimum each time i give them $4
the choice is clear

j/k, prasha you know i love you and would pick to be on your side 24/7 <3 <3 <3
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:37 pm

if im forced to choose being on prasha's side or incomm's side, let me think about it:

incomm: a partner who gives me $10 minimum each time i give them $4
the choice is clear
Prasha is on the side of most posters here, questioning the Incomm business practices.
What are U doing here? sympathize, justify and validate the unfair and unethical practices? I don't think Incomm needs U to do that....
I also got 10 for 4 until attempted to take my 1000's, was scary! I like to stop them doing that!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:33 pm

I can't log into my account online, but apparently my account is still active. When I called the number on the back, it gives me the option to load money onto the card, transfer money to another MVD card, etc. I spoke to the rep and it seems my account is still active. She even tried multiple times to reset my password. Has anyone even run into this?

I have another card that was placed on spend down mode today and I can log into that account online. I suspect something has happened to the other card and I assumed it was shut down when I couldn't log in, but the rep didn't think so and didn't ask me to send in any information.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
When you card is in spend down mode, can you still use debit/pin features? Had a rep tell me that it could only be used in credit mode so I opted for the $9.95 "cashout". CA at a bank is just too nutty for me.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat...basically all the status you can get for free...
Originally Posted by dogbyte
I can't log into my account online, but apparently my account is still active. When I called the number on the back, it gives me the option to load money onto the card, transfer money to another MVD card, etc. I spoke to the rep and it seems my account is still active. She even tried multiple times to reset my password. Has anyone even run into this?

I have another card that was placed on spend down mode today and I can log into that account online. I suspect something has happened to the other card and I assumed it was shut down when I couldn't log in, but the rep didn't think so and didn't ask me to send in any information.
I had a similar experience. After loading $1,000 this morning, I was not able to log in this afternoon. I called in and wasn't told anything about freezing, but was told that my account was "converted" to prepaid only (no reloading). I was told this was based on "the history of your account" and "reviews by the department that handles these." When pressed, the representative told me the department was their compliance department.

It sounds like they've just changed the terminology of account freezing...but it's the same deal. The rep also reported that the card can be used for credit only at this time--no debit transactions. I tested, and I can confirm that they underestimated the reloading capability of my card by 100%. Now I just hope that the "credit-only" statement was a similar bluff. I'll find out on the way home from work.

This is going to be interesting.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
Prasha is on the side of most posters here, questioning the Incomm business practices.
What are U doing here? sympathize, justify and validate the unfair and unethical practices? I don't think Incomm needs U to do that....
I also got 10 for 4 until attempted to take my 1000's, was scary! I like to stop them doing that!
prasha you must not accept at face value someone else's factual basis for their conclusions
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Ditto.

Can't login but the card is still active and I can access via phone (which isn't the case when they inactivate your account). I loaded another $2.5k without issue. This is a card that I had previously had frozen and released via sending in a bunch of stuff. So all I lose is being able to check the account with Mint.

Originally Posted by dogbyte

Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
Ditto.

Can't login but the card is still active and I can access via phone (which isn't the case when they inactivate your account). I loaded another $2.5k without issue. This is a card that I had previously had frozen and released via sending in a bunch of stuff. So all I lose is being able to check the account with Mint.
I tried using it at WM and the transaction was declined. I haven't tried a CA yet. I called the rep again today and told her that my debit transaction was declined. She then requested me to send in the same information that I had to previously for my other card, which was placed in spend down mode at the same time that this card was shut down.

They seem to be more difficult this time around, not even providing me with a reference number and said I could only fax the items in, instead of being able to email them. The last time I went through this was 2 months ago and things went very smoothly. We'll see how things go this time around.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:22 pm

My Vanilla debit

I filed a complaint with the FDIC a month ago on one account and received a letter from incomm inviting me to unload or request a check on all three. I actually left thousands on these cards for months.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Pages 128-131 of this thread talk quite a bit about "spend down" status, and its been talked about a little more recently. I have not found any concrete information on what it means for now and the future.
My account is in spend down. I have have only $50 in there and have not had any problems yet, other than seeing "status: spend down".
Is there any resolution on this matter? Does everyone in spend down have to fax/email info to incomm, is it a matter of waiting, is it a matter of the account closing soon, is it a matter of debit transactions being prohibited but credit transactions being ok, is it a matter of returning to active status soon with no interruption in service?
Have any questions regarding spend down been answered? Sorry if the answer is "yes" and i missed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.